The Forgotten You

The Forgotten You

A Story by Ada
"

Short snippet

"

To walk the distance of the moon to get to you, takes too much effort these days. Falling asleep in a cold bed alone only makes the worries stronger of your restless head. Singing in the darkness makes your voice seem so much more quieter on the phone. I don't know if falling for you was what I was meant to do. It happened though but I'm starting to forget you. You gave me the high but the high is turning sickening. Sickening like my jealousy of the love music holds with you.


You enter the doorway with a glance my way. A kiss tingles my lips but then you walk away. Store yourself away...that's what you do. But as I look at you I see you in full view. The sly that spins in your eyes makes me curious. The bounce in your step makes me wonder why I can't make you fear...the loss of me. Breaking your heart could cause me so much glee if only you'd give me your heart on your sleeve.

You enter the room once more. You sit away on your chair that seems a thousand miles away. As I stand my dress flows across my thigh. I love you wants to tingle on my tongue but instead I take a step closer to you. I want to be close to you but you just stare under your fringed hair. Your brown eyes meet my blue and my heart gives the thud of a boom. The question what escapes your mouth and your features grow puzzled. I want to tell you I want you to want me. But im scared.


Without noticing, you stand. Your hand stretches out like a new found morning. I tell myself to take one step closer till I meet you in bloom. Instead I take a step back and sit in the mess I've created. Your eyes grow sad and it takes my might to tell myself to not comfort you. I didn't know if sadness was really what you felt or if it was misery. All I knew is you didn't take one step closer.

I watched you as you closed your eyes and whispered take me back to the days. Your hand still was open to me and I felt my heart shuddering in my chest. But I can't is what I whimpered. You opened your eyes and a smile formed across your pink lips. I forgotten that smile on you is what I thought as you crossed the room.


When you appeared in front of me my breath slipped away. Your hands placed firmly on the couch and I sunk deeper. Your eyes stared into mine and I felt my heart give way. The vivid truth in your eyes scared me and the fact of your lips so close controlled me.


My mind went in overdrive of the memories we held. I remembered the nights alone and the days in your arms. Tears threatened to spill but I felt your hand move. Your hand moved to my face and you leaned close. I don't know if it was because you only had balance on one hand or you wanted to be. Slowly you approached me with your lips but you stopped half way.


We stared and stared and my heart grew weak. Maybe love isn't what we were supposed to know. You seemed so close yet so far away. The only answer was for you to say.


I couldn't help the fact you wouldn't move one step closer. So tears rushed down my cheeks and slid on your hand. You seemed unfazed and I guess crushing me was your plan. But then you slipped your hand away from my cheek and nestled it in my hair.


I love you formed from your lips and all I could do is care.

 

© 2015 Ada


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this is very sad. Someone who has so much to give and it's not appreciated. I would be curious to be a verse from hos POV. Does he really feel the way she thinks he does ir is he also struggling to show how he feels?

Posted 8 Years Ago


that started off sad and i think it got happier as it went on, but still the imagery was great and i could picture what i read. great job :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 16, 2015
Last Updated on June 16, 2015
Tags: romance, love, desperate, hate

Author

Ada
Ada

About
My visions of my future were vast and unconnecting under black dazed nights. On my walls were memories of future events I had yet to come and they looked like the northern lights. Even as I hugged a r.. more..

Writing