Am I Dead?

Am I Dead?

A Story by WhereItResides
"

A vast expanse of blurry white consumes my vision. A yellow orb stands against the backdrop. The sun? I slowly turn my head to the left and right only to see more few blurs stand amongst the white.

"

Am I dead?

            A vast expanse of blurry white consumes my vision. A yellow orb stands against the backdrop. The sun? I slowly turn my head to the left and right only to see more few blurs stand amongst the white. Where am I? I tried to sit up, but my body wouldn’t cooperate. Like an anarchist it defied the wills of my brain and remained still. Drugged? Restraints?  Beeping.  A slow, constant beep is all I can hear. Am I breathing? I can’t tell. I can’t feel my heart. Am I dead? Dying? I hear a click and a soft thump follows shortly after. Is that death? Has the Grim Reaper come to claim my soul? Something blocks the yellow orb. Brown falls down the eclipsing blur like a cascading waterfall. Two oceans of blue stand out against the blur. Is this God’s face? Drops of something fall on my head, trailing down to my crown. Does God shed tears for all lost souls? Or is this something else? Am I dead? Dying? The blur that blocked out the yellow orb leans down and I can make out a face. If this is God then she is beautiful. I can feel the soft, velvet lips connect to my forehead as more tears spill from her eyes and on my head. Do I know her? The figure rises and once again blends in with the sea of blurs. The blur leaves my vision but I don’t hear the noise it made when it entered. Is it still in the room? The yellow orb has returned with greater intensity. It climbs along the edges of my vision until all I see is golden light. The beeping has stopped, and I once again see her face.

 

© 2014 WhereItResides


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 4, 2014
Last Updated on May 4, 2014
Tags: death, flash, fiction, Am, I, Dead, blurry, white

Author

WhereItResides
WhereItResides

OH



About
I write primarily symbolic short stories. I do work with novel and longer works of the such sometimes but I primarily do short stories and poems. My poems tend to be about anything really, while short.. more..

Writing
Paper Paper

A Poem by WhereItResides