I Write For Me.

I Write For Me.

A Story by Amortentia03

Summer is usually a big time for me and my writing. As the stress of school fades, I tend to be able to focus more of my time on writing for pleasure. However, this summer I have only written two pieces. For the longest time, I couldn't figure out why I was writing so infrequently this summer; I was not having any fewer or weaker feelings than usual, and there were plenty of things I wanted to write about, but none of them ever came to fruition. I realized that every time I went to go write something, I was constantly writing with the concern of what other people would think. My poems used to be my diary and now I was just trying to write them to win contests and impress people. No wonder the words wouldn't come. From now on, I pledge to write for me. Your contests are exciting, your reviews are a great help, but I will no longer filter my feelings through your lens.

© 2010 Amortentia03


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on August 15, 2010
Last Updated on August 15, 2010

Author

Amortentia03
Amortentia03

OR



About
I'm Sarah. I'm 17 years old. I'm a Senior in High School. I like to write. Mostly Poetry and Lyrics. I don't think I'm great at it, But I'm always trying to improve. I love to hear what others .. more..

Writing
Blinded Blinded

A Poem by Amortentia03


Packing Packing

A Poem by Amortentia03