The Invigorating Sport of Formula 1

The Invigorating Sport of Formula 1

A Story by Jakl and Hyde
"

This story is about a formula one driver.

"
As I head toward my car, I feel my heart racing.
We prepared all weekend for this. Practice, qualifying, and now the race.
I never thought I could do this.
Winning the championship is the only thing I need right now.
I sit in the cockpit with my helmet and neckrest on. I put my gloves on carefully. I stick the steering wheel in the car.
I feel it in my grasp and thoughts run through my head.
I close my eyes and open them. Looking through the mirrors, I feel confident. The race is about to start. One red light, and then they go green. Only the formation lap though. We go through this lap. Then in our respectful positions, one light goes on.
Two, three, four, five.
They go out and we fly away.
Overtaking into the first corner, diving up the inside.
The laps go by quickly. I have overtaken the worst of them. Fighting for the lead. Defending 5th place from Bottas.
I go for the move on Raikonnen he defends well but it's not enough.
I go into fourth leaving the two finns behind.
I catch up to Ricciardo I go to the inside. He defends well. But he loses the back end on the exit. I take 3rd going on to attack Hamilton now.
I can't go down the inside but Hamilton pulls of to the side with his engine suddenly smoking. Into second. Taking until the last lap to catch up to Vettel. The final corner is when I can make the move. Vettel defending very hard. I go up the inside but I can't make the move stick. I have DRS but it's going to be close. I get along side him only a few hundred feet to go. It's neck and neck, but with DRS there is nothing he can do I get ahead at the last second. Coming home to win my first Driver's Championship. We also will come home to win the Constructors Championship as well. This is the best day of my life I'm so happy. I shake hands with Vettel and pick up my trophy. Then we celebrate. I pick up the champagne and spray it over the crowd and on Vettel and Ricciardo. Best of all I got a three year extension on my contract. This won't be my last day in the sport.

© 2017 Jakl and Hyde


Author's Note

Jakl and Hyde
It doesn't have the best ending but it's enjoyable. This is the best kind of racing in my opinion. It encouraged me to write this. Please enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on September 26, 2017
Last Updated on September 26, 2017

Author

Jakl and Hyde
Jakl and Hyde

Hamilton, OH



About
I love to write and draw. I also like to play video games. I love racing as well. I write about things that I like and sometimes about things that pop into my mind. You don't have to like me. All I as.. more..

Writing
Unknown Unknown

A Story by Jakl and Hyde