Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Rūta Lapienytė

A little dim light glows in the dark. This light moves. It moves slowly. It's flying. It's flying towards Earth.

Earth. So many have talked so much about it. There it is: so blue, and it looks as if the Earth was breathing, but it's only the ocean moving, the greener and browner parts looked dead. But if you came close enough, you'd see that they shimmer from all the people that are constantly walking, running somewhere. The planet itself was charming - it appeared to be so shy, trying to hide from everything by putting on a little layer of clouds, like a soft scarf.

The little light changed direction and became brighter. It has to reach the surface of Earth. It had to. It would be a shame if it had to go back after spending so much time in airless space.

The light started growing - it became bigger and bigger. Now you could see the little silhouette inside. Whatever it was, it was alive - it moved.

When it passed through the ozone layer, the little light stayed on the other side of it. Now just a small strange egg-shaped cover was guarding the life inside.

Finally, powerful magnets, placed firmly on the ground, have caught this little creature, that came from another planet.

There already was cylinder and an airless room built for it, where it would live, grow, learn and try to get used to living among people. It's a wonderful achievement to every scientist everywhere, but nobody thought how it might end for the little creature, who has never seen pain or violence...



© 2013 Rūta Lapienytė


Author's Note

Rūta Lapienytė
It's just the prologue. The rest of the book isn't like this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

really like the plot...please moreeee

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rūta Lapienytė

10 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it. :). I hope the next chapter will impress you as well. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 22, 2013
Last Updated on July 22, 2013
Tags: science, light, scientist, earth, space, life


Author

Rūta Lapienytė
Rūta Lapienytė

Panevėžys, Lithuania



About
Hi there! First of all, I'd like to say that I'm only 17 years old, so to most of you I might seem pretty young. And I agree. Either way, writing is my passion. It and music are the only ways I can ex.. more..

Writing