"49"

"49"

A Poem by Windy
"

Just poking a bit of fun at myself! It is JUST a number...

"

Today is my birthday, my 49th

I sit here alone into the night

 

I wonder what, if anything will change

Will I feel older, more deranged?

 

Another grey hair a few more freckles,

A few more pounds a little more reckless?

 

Are we really only as old as we feel

Or do we just really not want to deal?

 

Is age truly a state of mind,

If so then where is mine?

 

I seemed to have lost it several hours ago,

Somethime before midnight, where did it go?

 

I guess it's a case of "out of sight out of mind"

Between kids, grandkids pets and errands

I'd lost mine before 49!

 

6-2-08  Windy

© 2008 Windy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We are only as old as we feel so they say ...I think age is just a number....because some days I feel like a kid; others times a teen all giddy and in love, and other times I feel as old as the dinosaurs that use to walk the earth....LOL My gray hair and wrinkles sort of give my age away, but I refuse to get older I want to feel young have fun and play...you can too you know.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dug
Age is something you have as soon as you're born. When you get older, you just become more aware of it. The best cure for old age is a good bonk on the head to knock some of that damnable sense out of you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Those numbers that feel so "off in the distance" and then BAM the birthday number we dread so much is TODAY and we survive! ;~) I had my "crisis" when I was approached the "big three zero" and once the day had come and gone and been given some thought... I realized that all birthdays are "just another day in the life" so, I'd best get busy living that life as fully as possible rather than wasting time wondering how my time will end by that next big birthdate. 30... for some reason I didn't think I live that long and now I'm approaching 45 with a smile upon my mug.
Thanks for posting... we've touched base with ourselves by reading your thoughts upon the page.
Sallie Bear



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Just the other day i was walking down the street and cuaght a glimps of myself in a reflection of a window. I was a bit surprised at what i saw. Was that really me? I look nothing like i feel. But i must agree that age is how you feel. I am more confident and have a stronger heart and have age to thank for that> i would'nt trade that for the world .and ....oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Mr. Lopez


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh geez! Do I know where you are coming from! Well, like the reviewer before each day is different...some days older, some younger; depends on what your body feels like when you wake up..hee hee! I just want to do it gracefully! Poke fun at yourself...I do! Yes...just a number and state of mind...just a number and state of mind...JUST A NUMBER AND STATE OF MIND!!!! There! Blessings to you fellow ancient! (well not so ancient really but saying so makes us look younger!) Hee hee! Take care and belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Age is but a number..right? :)


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We are only as old as we feel, me I feel before my time, I feel like an old soul. Truly, and how about you?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this poem. It reminds me of what my mom and aunt says. They think that when you turn 40 your eye sight and stuff like get worse.
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh this was precious! I think I lost my mind at birth! It caused my imagination to grow wings, so I could fly around and try to find it.
I believe age is just a place holder for banks and government paper shuffling.
In truth, we are what we believe ourselves to be.
I'm a bird. I sit on fence posts and watch humanities flow. Traveling hither thither and yon, hoping that someday I can catch my shadow long enough to hold a conversation with it.

Wonderful peice!
Nature's Essence

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this, Windy. Probably relate to it more because I am "49!" You did well at poking fun at yourself. Happy belated Birthday!!! I'll have to agree with Poetry xpressions on this one. Age is only a number. Take lots of vitamins and exercise. If you walk into a room and forget what you went in after, stand there until you remember or walk out and it will come to you! LOL Blessings! A fun write, lady! carole

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Why do we feel we are supposed to have some kind of book of knowledge and wisdom fall upon us when we get to a certain age? I've always felt more confused than ever. Once again you've drawn out lifes comparisons from your words. I am enjoying reading your inner most thoughts. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2008
Last Updated on July 27, 2008

Author

Windy
Windy

AR



About
I'm married to an amazing man that also happens to be a writer! My heart belongs with him, our children and our grandchildren, they are all amazing. This is an "outlet" for me. I am not a w.. more..

Writing
What What

A Poem by Windy


Dissarray Dissarray

A Poem by Windy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


REAL LIFE REAL LIFE

A Poem by Windy


Sculpt Me Sculpt Me

A Poem by Mr. Lopez