THINKING

THINKING

A Poem by Windy
"

Doing just that, and not very well at all!

"

              THINKING

 

I was just thinking what it meant to  "be"

wondering where that term came from

who made it up and WHY?

 

I've thought about it for hours now

and still have not a clue

I'm getting so tired of trying to figure it out

I think I"m comming unglued!

 

Do I even really care, does anyone out there?

Why do things like this come out of nowhere

that end up just driving us nuts?

It reminds me when you see someone and

can't remember their name no matter what.

 

I may sound a bit tipsy now but I promise

I've not had a drink.  My mind is overtired

and stressed and now I cannot think.

The strangest things get caught in my mind

when I haven't had my beauty sleep.

 

Maybe this is all just a dream, I will wake up

and not see this written down in black ink.

Then the joke would certainly all be on me.

I hope that turns out to be the case or I will

be having to do some serious erasing!

 

7/22/08  Windy

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Windy


Author's Note

Windy
Another 4 am ramble......

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It was not so long ago that a brilliant playwrite put that very question to us, "To be or not to be."
In his writing, i've always felt it was tied into existance.
To Be is to exist
Not To Be is the have no existance.
Then comes along the essence of BEing; A funny little term that might describe a life form, or existance, once again.
Then we have words that have derived from the word "BE"
Such as:
"Belong" - to have part in some greater essence
"Because" - a word that has been attached to reasoning and exuses, in the answer to the question "WHY?"
"Become" - Often associated with evolution or transitioning into something more then we were at some point.
"Before" - Simply explained as; It happened prior to a moment in time.

If one takes a step back and looks at these words. They all have a basic concept of "Into" or "Together Within". I'll make an assumption at this point and say that "To Be" is not an action but a state of mind within each and everyone of us that makes us who we are.

To sum my little musing up, "BE" is the future of "I AM" it is our dreams, desires and aspirations.

A great poem! It makes one think "BEyond" the level that we normally do.

Thanks for letting me know about this 4am scribble. It was enjoyable!

Aaron Maycroft


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Just BEing SILLY...I'm in a good mood today and really full of giggle monsters!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To be...is to happen! To be or not to be...that is the question! I AM!... so I must be happening, or else I would not be thinking at all! So while dear sweet Darwin was wondering why the apple happened to his head...your little friend up there was wondering why he had to happen to just scrape his bare butt across the dirt and why we wear pants!! Take care!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful...the freshness of it is also great. It is a poem I would share with my daughter. I hope that you continue to take the time to purge your mind of the happiness you feel in the weee hours. It is a nice release, and a comforting read.

Thanks, Lyrical

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Some of the best poems come in the middle of the night. I like this ramble as you call it, but I think if you let go of the rhyming that it might be a bit stronger. I do like the humorous quality of it. Especially that part about not really being tipsy.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
I really like this lil ramble......
I do suffer from insomnia but Im over with the who am I and what is to be...so am really at peace now...
am sure u will too..just let it go.. :-)

Going to my library.

x,
O!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really cool cause I know I can relate to this when you all alone and you can't stop contemplating life and what it's all about, a very well crafted rambling that makes perfect sense to me.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

haha. Very nice poem. I especially love this bit:
"I may sound a bit tipsy now but I promise
I've not had a drink. My mind is overtired
and stressed and now I cannot think.
The strangest things get caught in my mind
when I haven't had my beauty sleep."

I've found that in the wee hours of the morning and late hours of the night, I find myself wondering about things that just can't be answered. We all wonder what it means to be and why we're here at some point or another.
Thanks for posting another wonderful poem, keep up the great work!
~Lauren

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow I really liked this is kind a had almosy like a beat to it like it could be a song....You write so passionately and gracefuly and I really admire your writing this is great.....I dont know how else to exspress my words on this cause I think we all feel this way one time or another and it just blows my mind away you most def get a great rating from me....you go girl...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sleep, my friend, sleep...your eyelids are getting heavy...sleep....you are tired....sleep.
(Did it work?)
Great write! And a darn good way to clear the mind!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We've all had moments of rambling...We do get giddy when we're tired, and it's okay. I'm with Legion, "Ramble On!"

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

437 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 23, 2008
Last Updated on August 20, 2008

Author

Windy
Windy

AR



About
I'm married to an amazing man that also happens to be a writer! My heart belongs with him, our children and our grandchildren, they are all amazing. This is an "outlet" for me. I am not a w.. more..

Writing
What What

A Poem by Windy


Dissarray Dissarray

A Poem by Windy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


REAL LIFE REAL LIFE

A Poem by Windy


FORBIDDEN FORBIDDEN

A Story by Windy