peace and love

peace and love

A Poem by Windy
"

wondering whatever happened

"

peace & love

 

 

peace and love

whatever happend to it

 

where did it go

will it ever come back

 

will i feel it in my heart or

my soul that is empty now

 

i wonder shall i ever mend

ever be whole again

 

war rages on so many

dying or already gone

 

poverty invades the streets

poor souls, they just want to eat

 

what has this world come to be

no love for others it's all about me me me

 

peace and love

can it be revived & if so

will it forever survive

 

 

8/3/08 windy

© 2008 Windy


Author's Note

Windy
This was in a different format but for some reason changed and won't go back! Just my thoughts...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I will have to agree with Legion. I like how you started out in free verse and made the switch to rhyming.

Such a thought provoking write here Windy. I am thinking peace and love is something that starts within each one of our hearts. Each of us must look within ourselves. For me, both came from God. If it weren't for Him, I would have neither. I use to be incredibly empty, so I know what you feel. There's a God-shaped hole on the inside of each one of us that can only be filled with Him. We try to fill that emptiness is so many ways but many avenues only prove to create more emptiness....(Drugs...alcohol....addictions in general....

The war-poverty-starving...three very real issues in our world...each of us have a part to play to start going in the other direction and sometimes the smallest things can make a difference. Giving to those in need, etc...A friend of mine has a ministry where they collect furniture and household goods for those that are poor or have a house fire, single moms trying to make it, people that have just gotten out of prison and are trying to get on their feet... Having the opportunity to give into a ministry like this is heart warming-knowing that it is a small step in ending poverty. If everybody just did their part in helping humanity there would be no starving or poverty, but so many are self centered and self focused that many of these needs go unnoticed. We live in a very self centered world, but there are always those that aren't that way that are TRYING to make a difference in the lives of others. That's where I choose to focus. Dwelling on the other will only seek to pull us down, and quickly. Wasting too much energy there only seeks to draw us away from those things that each one of us could be doing to change the state of things.

The real question that we need to ask ourselves is "What can I do to make a difference?" and then DO IT, not thinking of what seems like a "small thing" as insignificant. All of us need to work towards the change we want to see. I have always loved the saying, "We can't keep doing the same things over and over again and expect different results."

You have written about something that very definitely needs to be addressed. Thank you for taking the time to write about a very real problem. I applaud you!

Carole

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

oh the woes of formatting - happens to us all! lol. It does seem that people are rather disconnected these days - no longer relating to the world around them on any personal level. I think all the tech that we use to communicate allows people to remove themselves - stand back and not really feel the plight of their fellow man. nicely penned piece about our loss of humanity - yet keeping hope alive that we can revive it again.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You pose some good questions here that I'm sure many - including myself - also ask. It's easy to say it begins with us, almost trite, but that is the truth. Unfortunately we can't always depend on others to do the same. You express yourself quite worthily here.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
This is nice..not too much into detail coz we know whats going on in this world and detail wouldve gotten annoying...

was there ever peace?

x,
O!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

well your thoughts are very true with mine, "what happened to peace and Love"?? I know there are some good peeps left,, but where are they?? lol,, really can relate!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This writing comes straight from the heart oozing sincerity although basically in free form it flows quite smoothly. all writers have to start somewhere and learn the rules as hey go along
The best way to understand how to write poetry is to read other poets past and present and follow where they lead. For me that means attention to mter and preferably rhyme Write on although i suppse by now you are completely hooked and couls not stop if you wanted

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good issue to tackle. I would like if you perhaps extended the poem a bit. Such that you talk more about the isue of peace and love. For doing so I find that it makes it closer to the truth of what peace and love is.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful windy!...and speeks so much truth:-)......I enjoyed it,Ty so much for sharing:-)..hope you have a great week my friend:-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sad but true, so many get caught up in their own lives that helping others is a foreign thought... I say amen to bringing back compassion and kindness.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Two concepts the world of Man truly needs to understand. Unfortunately it is not within the nature of all Men to love.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow...you're certainly in a pensive mood, huh? Deep and profound, these questions you seek answers for. Definitely thought provoking, to say the least. Leaving one to ponder....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

590 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 3, 2008

Author

Windy
Windy

AR



About
I'm married to an amazing man that also happens to be a writer! My heart belongs with him, our children and our grandchildren, they are all amazing. This is an "outlet" for me. I am not a w.. more..

Writing
What What

A Poem by Windy


Dissarray Dissarray

A Poem by Windy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


REAL LIFE REAL LIFE

A Poem by Windy


FORBIDDEN FORBIDDEN

A Story by Windy


Home Birth.. Home Birth..

A Story by Rain