Me and My Dad

Me and My Dad

A Story by Windy
"

A short story about my Dad and I. Picture is him in his yard.

"

ME & MY DAD

 

I spent the evening with my Dad tonight. I learned alot of things from the past he'd done but had "somehow" forgot! Like all the years he had teased me about wrecking cars only to find out he'd done just that a few years back, but didn't tell anyone.

 

I told him that is why when people ask where do I get my attitude from, I just smile and say that's from my Dad. He tries to deny it, but knows it's the truth so he grins and then tries to hide it. I take it as a compliment when I am told I'm just like him (regardless of the situation).

 

I said to him, we are truly alike dear father mine, you may as well face the facts.  We get meaner as we get older and don't give a damn, who we offend. We don't put up with nonsence and such, life is just to short, to mess with that kind of stuff.

 

I don't remember the last time he and I had talked and laughed so hard like that, it felt really good to remember the past. I've always been his baby girl (baby dumpling he used to call me), though he had six other daughters and two sons. He loves to brag about that! (MEN!) We have always had this very special bond, according to my Mom, from the moment I was born.

 

That bond can never be broken, it's lasted now over 49 years. Our love is strong are hearts are tied, together we can battle the world. That's not to say we haven't had our ups and downs, we have had a "few"! We just always manage to get over those "bumps & hills".

 

Time has made the tables turn, it's now I who tries to look out for him. He says he doesn't need looking after, and I will tell you this, I wouldn't cross him I'm not that stupid. However, like it or not I've got his back and would protect him with my dying breath.

 

He is my Daddy, still my protector, he's always been and I know he always will be. I love him dearly with everything I am, I've no idea what I'd ever do without him. We may, (and sometimes do) butt heads here and again, but we will always be together in the end.

 

I LOVE YOU DADDY !

 

8/22/08 Windy

© 2008 Windy


Author's Note

Windy
I love my Daddy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Windy...what a wonderful story about you and your dad. You are so lucky to still have your father...and luckier still because of your special bond. But as you say, time does change things. You're all grown up now...not seeing your dad through the eyes of a child, you can understand more about your dad and his ways...and that's why you're seeing more of him in you as you grow older.
Love/Liz/angelinmypocket

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Windy...what a wonderful story about you and your dad. You are so lucky to still have your father...and luckier still because of your special bond. But as you say, time does change things. You're all grown up now...not seeing your dad through the eyes of a child, you can understand more about your dad and his ways...and that's why you're seeing more of him in you as you grow older.
Love/Liz/angelinmypocket

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excellent!! That's sure to melt his heart to a primordial soup! Ha ha! Nothing more special than a daddy's girl love expressed. I love this! I hope he sees it! Take care. Geez!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awe how sweet... it's funny how we don't recognize just how much we are like our parents sometimes until we really look hard... you really touched my heart with this one.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A timeless piece of priceless memories and joy's. An ode' to a father that any father could love.
A wonderful tale of truth and emotion that captures the essence of a family bond, that she never break.

Great Write!
Aaron


Posted 15 Years Ago


How wonderful and touching. Treasure every day, for you are indeed fortunate to have these memories. Great write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 27, 2008

Author

Windy
Windy

AR



About
I'm married to an amazing man that also happens to be a writer! My heart belongs with him, our children and our grandchildren, they are all amazing. This is an "outlet" for me. I am not a w.. more..

Writing
What What

A Poem by Windy


Dissarray Dissarray

A Poem by Windy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


FORBIDDEN FORBIDDEN

A Story by Windy


PUZZLED PUZZLED

A Poem by Windy


Dream Date Dream Date

A Story by Windy