Sailboat

Sailboat

A Poem by ❀ Gabriela ❀
"

A short, lively poem about a sailboat.

"
Sailboat, small but steady
Drifting out to sea
Going out to nowhere
Sailboat, small and free

Out at break of day
Straying from the shore
Sailboat, still but restless
Yearns not, but for more.

Sailboat, small but steady
Yearns not, but to see
That which is, and ever was
And still has yet to be.




© 2012 ❀ Gabriela ❀


Author's Note

 ❀ Gabriela ❀
I meant for this poem to be short, lively and inspirational. What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That little sailboat was given life through your words and the imagery i recieved was just beautiful and so innocent. it was like a little child getting to go on the adventure of a life time. But then again, it could also be the journey of an individual who is living their wish and going forward to meet their dream. Perfect rhyming, rhythm and flow and altogether made this poem sing. Yep! I have decided that you are that one perfect writer with imagery, message and most of all interaction with your fellow poets and readers..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This little poem gives off the imagery of a sailboat. ;) It also reminds me of a poem that was written by Jacqueline Kennedy when she was a child. She wrote "Oh, to live by the sea is what I truly wish." She adored poetry and this reminded me of that style. I think we all yearn for that kind of freedom. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have sailboats and my small 14 footer gets the most use ... warm days , and a breeze , how can I resist ?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the places and the desire of this poem. To be free to wander in a small sailboat with time and freedom. Would be a very good day. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

906 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 8, 2012
Last Updated on March 8, 2012
Tags: Sailboat, Ocean, Boat, Sea, Sailing, Hope, Inspire, Inspiration

Author

 ❀ Gabriela ❀
❀ Gabriela ❀

About
Hello there! ❀ Um... well, I love to write! ツ more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..