Time

Time

A Story by Tiny Drop
"

The illusion of time and its inconveniences

"
The lack of time is suffocating. The clock by my beside table keeps ticking, on and on, like a ticking bomb ready to explode at any moment, with no warning whatsoever. Meanwhile I'm here awake... lying on my bed, wondering about how many more seconds have I wasted thinking of this. The pile of work atop my table propels me out of the bed and yet five minutes later I find myself gazing again like a lost puppy at the white ceiling of my bedroom. This bed of mine is too seductive. It claims me without any warning and I find myself unable to refuse it... every single time.

Honey, you should go play outside. Today it's such a nice day.
But momma, today I wanna sleep late in my bed, may I?
My love, it's not healthy for you to stay like this
What if I say that's my life's greatest wish?

In that moment time freezes and I can clearly see in the ceiling those familiar deep amber eyes. Waves of warm auburn hair and sweet like candy voice which resounds within my rib cage. Then the ticking of the clock returns and I forget how the voice sounded, how it moved, how it breathed. There is only the blank ceiling and this uncontrollable will to cry inside my chest. Yet I remain still, eyes gazing forth at the ceiling which never left my field of view.
Today was just like all other days. The clock kept on ticking, my mind kept on wandering, my body floating, inside this room which I never left and this bed which kept me locked in a daze, like a prisoner.
Beside me, the old clock keeps on ticking and time is passing by. However my bed, as always, as if possible, holds me close in her sweet arms as if eluding the high paper tower by my desk and the mighty ticking of the clock.

© 2018 Tiny Drop


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Time sucks you in and spits you out. It speeds by and it drifts along. It measures our passage through life and yet we cant quite get a handle on it. I think your story captures this puzzling nature of time very well.
Very thought provoking!
Regards,
Alan

Posted 5 Years Ago


Tiny Drop

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your review Alan!
Yes, it's exactly like you described it, time does .. read more
This is why I arise and do not look back ...I make myself leave the room...I shut the door tight...quietly not to disturb even the coverlet and I creep mischievously like a ghostlet to the coffee pot. I fear if I miss the cup or the step all will be lost and I will yet return to the warmth of the comfort and the lullaby of my once ticking clock:)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Tiny Drop

5 Years Ago

Coffee is indeed a powerful weapon to escape my laziness and the mighty hold of my bed's comfort. It.. read more
Gypsy Warrior Queen

5 Years Ago

I had insomnia for about 21 years...I would only basically sleep about 3 hrs. from about 3 or 4 am t.. read more
Tiny Drop

5 Years Ago

That seems tough Queenie but I'm glad you're better now!
Since the body wants what it wants, .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

121 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2018
Last Updated on July 1, 2018

Author

Tiny Drop
Tiny Drop

Portugal



Writing
Wrong Wrong

A Poem by Tiny Drop


Tic Tac Tic Tac

A Poem by Tiny Drop