My Cactus

My Cactus

A Story by Tiny Drop
"

You that are like a gorgeous cactus

"

My love, you're a cactus. Through and through, you're a small cactus living on my balcony. You have that air of grandiosity surrounding you and everything you do. Your thorns dig sharp into my skin when you're angry and your beauty cuts me even deeper. There's just this aura about you I can't quite grasp. You're beautiful and some days you're not. Time however has nothing on you. You're eternal, timeless in your own grace. Sometimes when I'm tired I sing to you softly but you don't hear me. Your eyes gazing at some other desert and flora.

My sweetheart if I could give you the world
There would exist nothing more than your word
Your graceful smile is the best remedy
I hope never comes the day when you have to leave me

You fall asleep while my teardrops breathe new life into you. Your bright green colors come alive in the night when the moonlight kisses you and I merely gaze over you from my bed in the corner further away from my small balcony, the one where you live blissfully. It's in those moments I wish I was that orchid beside you so I could watch lovingly over you and still be recognized by you like a companion.
However, for you there's only the sun and the night, with the moon and stars. There's still the wind and the breezes. It's not to be surprised there's no space in your plant heart left for me. I'm after all merely the human who cares for you, but even if I wasn't here you would thrive on. You're after all a mighty cactus.

The one cactus in the world I most adore.

© 2018 Tiny Drop


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful and sad. Loneliness came to mind for me. Reading this poem. And how a human needs love and affection. And reaching out. And getting nothing in return. Can cut like a cactus. Deep and raw and so very painful.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tiny Drop

5 Years Ago

Thank you Dee! Even if they hurt, however, a cactus can be beautiful too. I find the duality in thei.. read more
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Very insightful and thought as well.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
1 Review
Added on July 2, 2018
Last Updated on July 2, 2018

Author

Tiny Drop
Tiny Drop

Portugal



Writing
Wrong Wrong

A Poem by Tiny Drop


Tic Tac Tic Tac

A Poem by Tiny Drop