12/26/17

12/26/17

A Poem by Wolf Towne
"

A poem I wrote today with little editting. I spend three hours on the beach watching the sun set, and this is the product. The image is the sunset I was describing in its final form.

"

The swirling jewel that is the ocean crawls up the beach before me. A magnificent beast to behold, it is frightening, yet calming in its majesty.

Like silk, soft sand runs through my fingers and over my feet. Waves collide in my ears. The scent of salty, sun dried palm fills my lungs.

A hermit crab the size of a penny approaches and takes a seat before me. After a short break it saunters off leaving a ribbon in the sand behind it extending for what seems like miles.

Warmth engulfs me and awakens me from my day dream as it slips past a dense cloud. Reflecting on the shimmering ocean are past lives I’ve reveled and regretted. I hear laughter and crying. I feel pain and joy.

I gaze up to witness the sun. The omnipotent star floats just above its destination. As it descends towards the water, and the shadows on land stretch away from it, I sit and watch the colors change.

A painting develops on the grand theater of the sky, and brushstrokes of blue are transformed to purples. Intense yellow marks blaze a deep orange but never stop changing as the brush dips into the ocean.

Breathing slowly guides my way forth. A feeling ignites within me and grows with each breath exhaled. This flame silences the demons and I can feel their presence cease. Not all of them can be vanquished, but I know that with time on this beach I will heal.

© 2017 Wolf Towne


Author's Note

Wolf Towne
This is a very fresh piece, so please, feel free to tear it up in your review. I felt good writing this one, and I want it to be as good as it can be. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was committed to finishing this two words in..
some beautiful and effective word choices.."crawls up the beach" ...silky soft sand..
you've captured the experience sensation and effect..
worth every minute you spent there.
very nice

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wolf Towne

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
1 Review
Added on December 27, 2017
Last Updated on December 27, 2017
Tags: poem, poetry, beach, sun, sunset, ocean, love, laugh, cry, paint, painting, life, senses, color

Author

Wolf Towne
Wolf Towne

Costa Rica



About
American living in Costa Rica using poetry as a form of therapy. more..

Writing