Shadow People

Shadow People

A Story by Starr
"

This is us....

"
Standing there in the dark, where eyes never follow. The people of the shadows will never be judged in their own territory. They have independence and love and light there, no matter how dark it seems. In the open world, they are judged, we are judged. The hurt they feel, it is more than you will ever know, I know. That girl in the corner, that boy in that hoodie, that crowd of outcast, that's the shadow people. We know you don't understand us, and really, we understand why, well, most of the time. It is hurtful when you judge us, knowing that we aren't the same, but don't judge. We run from crowds outside of our territory, we aren't those dark, evil spirits you think. We have hearts and souls, but some are more shattered than others because of your words. We are shadows, outcast, loners, rogues, this is us and we aren't changing. We accept our title in this world, and sometimes we never want to change, sometimes being that loner, that outcast, that rogue, it is full of adventures, some no other crowds will ever get to have... We are the shadow people...

© 2016 Starr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
p
Well, I know my interpretation to these kinds of stories is always wrong, but I'm gonna do my best! *Cracks Knuckles* I'd say that this is some kind of an analogy for being in an unpopular social group, nerds, Goths, *Shudders* furries.

I really liked it, as good as shorter stories go, this is pretty high up there.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

Thanks!!!!!!!!! So much for this!



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
p
Well, I know my interpretation to these kinds of stories is always wrong, but I'm gonna do my best! *Cracks Knuckles* I'd say that this is some kind of an analogy for being in an unpopular social group, nerds, Goths, *Shudders* furries.

I really liked it, as good as shorter stories go, this is pretty high up there.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

Thanks!!!!!!!!! So much for this!
I understand the shadow people, and this is a beautiful, consciousness-raising piece. Sometimes I work with shadow people- creative, visionary, different, but outcasts all the same. They have something to contribute, but as a culture, we don't see them, or if we do, we fear them. They don't fit the mold our society tells them they must conform to in order to be part of it. This piece reminds me of the Divergent series of books/movies. I was a shadow person in my young life, but somehow learned to walk in the world as other people do. I married a shadow person, who has never belonged to our society- he keeps me in touch with others, and between us, sometimes a bridge of understanding is created. If only we could all be together in understanding and acceptance, there would be no need to have distinctions between shadow and light- we are all human, our common bond, and we all have unique gifts to develop. Thank you for sharing this writing and being willing to speak for, and as, one of the shadow people in our world.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

Thank so much and you are very welcome. I have walked as a shadow person all my life, and somehow, I.. read more
So the second to last sentence doesn't need ellipses, just a period. I like how the poem has a lot of messages to speak of and it is interesting.

Posted 7 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really felt this because of my social anxiety. It's gotten a little better over the years but going back to school has been freaking me out lately. Part of the reason this resonated with me the most is because I recently wrote something called "Be More Social" and it reminded me of it. I know this feeling and it's not a great one but I really like that you put in that a lot of times we're okay wth it. I completely agree. I'd rather not be the center of attention, thank you! I really liked this piece!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

Thanks and yes, I understand this so much, and ye, my social anxiety at school is troubling me.
very good, i can identify with this, darkness, shadows being an outsider,being an outsider is the only way.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

Thank you! This really touches home base with me, mostly because this is me. Thanks again!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 13, 2016
Last Updated on July 13, 2016
Tags: life, people, crowds, world

Author

Starr
Starr

Richton, MS



About
“Normal is not something to aspire to, it’s something to get away from.” - Jodie Foster Who am I? Well, that seems like a simple question that could be answered by a small sentenc.. more..

Writing
Thought Thought

A Poem by Starr


------- -------

A Poem by Starr


Lost Lost

A Story by Starr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..