Minister Weasley

Minister Weasley

A Story by Wolfe Greytome
"

A Harry potter fanfic type of thing that tells what happened to our favorite characters after Deathly Hallows, told from the view of Percy Weasley.

"

"Minister of Magic race heats up," proclaimed the front page of The Daily Prophet. "Gregory Goyle still holds a slim margin over Percy Weasley as the race focuses on depth of character of the nominees. Many feel that while Goyles pure-blood mania bodes ill for Muggle-borns in the wizarding community, others feel Weasley's history with the failed administrations of the past are the greater evil in this harsh time. Goyle, who has spent his time since leaving Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as spend his time as a regulator of the foreign branches of Gringott's Bank. Weasley has spent his time toadying to those in power and trying to distance himself from his family, which includes brother-in-law Harry Potter, a decision which many feel is costing Weassley much needed support. At this time Harry Potter has refused to comment, though Mr. Ronald Wealsey, younger brother to Percy, has been heard to claim that Percy is ' Nothing more than a slimy git.' Can Weasley raise up to the challenge and defeat Goyle, or will his campaign fizzle, much as his Study of Standardized Cauldron Thickness did."

Percy threw the paper down in disgust. "Why can't they see the policies I am focusing on are more important than who I am related to? Its been 18 years since Voldemort and his Death Eaters were vanquished and yet  again they had to bring Harry's name into the article. Just once, I would like to see The daily Prophet NOT mention my family at the slightest opportunity."

"But Mr. Weasley, " stammers Luna Longbottom, his aide. "The wizarding community is afraid to support you since even your own family hasn't publicly done so. Perhaps you should talk to your siblings. Explain to them your side of the story. After your parents' deaths, you haven't spoken to them once."

"You may be right, Luna," Percy sighs. "Can you send on owl to Ginny asking her if I could come for dinner with the family?"

 

Filled with dread at the reception he might find, Percy raises a trembling hand to knock on the door of Number 12 Grimmauld Place. The door is opened by his sister-in-law Hermione. "So you and Ron are here as well?" Percy mutters.

"Yes we are, along with Bill and Fluer, Charlie, George and all your nieces and nephews," Hermione states her her typically brisk manner. "Now come inside before Ron decides he doesn't care what you have to say and leaves."

As the family sits down to dinner in the kitchen, Percy begins, "I just want to say..."

"I want you to shut your gob and listen first," Ron interrupts. "Harry and I want you to answer some questions before you say what you came to say."

"If you do become Minister of Magic, what will you do to help prevent the rise of another Voldemort," Harry questions.

"I would like to see councilors placed in Hogwarts to evaluate the mental health of the students - to be someone other than the staff for them to confide their fears and goals to. Someone to help them come to grips with anything that may come their way. I know if their had been someone like that when we were at Hogwarts, it would have come in handy for me," is Percy's unhesitant reply.

"Why didn't you come to Mum's funeral," Ron asks.

"Ron, after the way I treated Dad and Mum during the second Dark rise, I didn't think you guys would want me there. I couldn't imagine that you would forgive me for calling Dad a traitor and a fool to support Dumbledore and Harry. I thought you and George would tear me apart if I dared to show my face at either of the funerals," Percy quietly replies.

"I think the time has come for you to say whats on your mind, Perce," Ginny says. "Why did you want to see us?"

"You all know that I am running for Minister of Magic against Gregory Goyle. His pure-blood support base is small, but powerful. I can't beat him without the support of my family. The wizarding community won't trust me if you won't trust me. I came to tell you why I was such an a*s. Try to see the situation from my point of view. My oldest brother was a Head Boy at Hogwarts and went on to be a curse breaker for Gringott's. My other older brother was a Quidditch star turned dragon handler. My younger brothers were all good students that lacked disipline. That didn't stop Fred and George from starting the most profitable shop in Diagon Alley - a shop George still operates to this day, though he has a new Fred as partner."

"We'd be doing better if you hadn't quashed our new Bulbous Boil Bon-Bon variety of Skivving Snackboxes," mutters Bill and Fluer's son, Fred.

"Then we have my youngest brother, who not only is Harry Potter's best friend, but along with his wife is a noted ambassador for Wizard-Muggle relations worldwide. And that brings me to my only sister, not content to be Harry Potter's friend, she had to snag him as her husband. And she didn't stop there. No, she had to write a book about the war with Voldemort that Headmistress McGonagall insisted be added to Hogwarts list of textbooks for Defense Against the Dark Arts. And of course there is you Harry, not only did you defeat Voldemort, Kingsley ?Shacklebolt named you his successor as Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. When I saw a chance to get ahead at the Ministry under Fudge, I took it. I knew he was using me as an informant, but I didn't care. I wanted out of my family's shadow. After the truth came out, I was to embarrassed to make the first move in reconciliation."

 

Three months later...

 

"Minister of Magic race decided," read the headline of The Daily Prophet. "In a shocking upset victory, Gregory Goyle loses race to Percy Weasley. After receiving an endorsement several months ago, Weasley's campaign turn a turn for the better, but was marred when accusations were lodged against him by former sweetheart Penelope Clearwater. In a stunning confession to Daily Prophet reporter Dennis Creevey, Miss Clearwater admits that teh accusations were false and masterminded my Draco Malfoy, a known enemy of Potter's and close friend of Goyle's. When word of this treachery was announced in yesterdays Prophet, the wizarding community was outraged. Percy Weasley may be the best man for the job, or he may not. But in their sympathy for him during such a scandal, the wizarding community elected Percy Weasley, in a landslide victory, as our new Minister of Magic. (For information regarding the possible charges faced by Malfoy, see page 3)

© 2009 Wolfe Greytome


Author's Note

Wolfe Greytome
very rough, I would love to eventually flesh it out into a decent length.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

ok i love this =D

Posted 14 Years Ago


Not sure about you choosing Goyle as the opponent - he didn't really seem clever enough. How about Nott?
Otherwise, this fits characterwise - it was nice to see Luna and Dennis (although i thought both the Creevy brothers were killed? I must check that later!) And I'm not sure about Draco plotting such things - he seemed like he was turning over a new leaf.
I don't like the tense changes, but that may be because I personally dislike use of the present tense for more than about a paragraph!
A few errors I spotted:
- "Goyles" needs an apostrophe - 3rd sentence
- repetition of spending time in the 4th sentence - you obviously got confused whilst writing it, and perhaps change the wording there anywhere, when you tell how Percy has spent his time.
- spelling Weassly, near end of prophet extract
- ?Shacklebolt, near end of the meeting scene
- "Miss Clearwater admits that teh" - the - 3 months later paragraph.

When you draw this out a bit, you will hopefully lose the awkwardness you have in places, where you are obviously trying to show how the characters have matured and developed. At the moment, where you are showing something different (like new Fred) it just seems a bit forced, but when you have more substance there, it should sound more natural.

On the whole, a good piece, and I wish you luck with completing it. Hope my review helps with editing.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2009

Author

Wolfe Greytome
Wolfe Greytome

Orwell, OH



About
There really isn't much to tell about me. I write poetry because I like to play with words. I am writing a series of fantasy novels because I got tired of the predictability of that genre. I tend to u.. more..

Writing
Faire Faire

A Poem by Wolfe Greytome


Tired Tired

A Poem by Wolfe Greytome