Live In The Moment (With Me)

Live In The Moment (With Me)

A Poem by Lala

Talk to me. Live in the moment with me. Did you see that giraffe shaped cloud? Did you hear those ducks quack, didn't it sound just like a laugh? Oh and by the way, are you okay? What are you thinking about? Hey look at those flowers, ain't they pretty? Isn't it amazing they find a way to grow in this concrete city? I mean really, we're all so busy. Every moment passes by so quickly. It seems like such a waste, living life like it's a fast paced race. Stop walking and start talking about things that don't seem to matter. Listen to the wind talk to the trees. To the breeze affecting the rustling leafs and to what seems like their endless chatter. 

Oh and by the way, are you feeling good? Anything I don't know but I should? I know you don't always want me to hear you talk, but I could. Your voice is a peaceful sound compared to all this noise around. Quick sidetrack, look at the ground. How many feet did it carry? It seems so irrelevant but it's evolutionary. Thinking like this feels unnecessary but if you become imaginary every mundane thing can seem extraordinary. 

Anyway, what a beautiful day. It's not important whether the sun shines or the rain pours. Sometimes you just have to stop and stand on the sidelines. And this isn't a warning, it might even sound boring. But start appreciating what's already yours and try to enjoy every new morning. Life ain't all that horrible, so if it's possible come live with me in the moment for a bit. Forget the world and all its s**t. Let's stop hiring negativity and make it quit. I know it seems like an inconceivable task but I only have one thing to ask. Join the moment, let's just sit. Will you do me the honors and live with me in it? 

© 2019 Lala


Author's Note

Lala
This is a bigger piece that's more like a little story but I still tried to include my poetic flow/rhyme. Really curious what you guys think about it, let me know if it works (a poetry piece written like this)! Edit: I'm easily distracted by things so when you talk to me this is most likely how an actual conversation would go haha.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, at least you are well aware that this is a story (though you planned it as a poem) even the way it is structured. Yes, your poetic voice and content are there.
But I would advise you to break it down in stanzas or paragraphs; that way the information can easily be digested by readers.

Well done!!


Posted 4 Years Ago


Lala

4 Years Ago

That's a good tip! I will edit it and put some spaces in there, thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Added on May 15, 2019
Last Updated on May 19, 2019

Author

Lala
Lala

About
Welcome to my page! I know we're all writers here, but if you like my writing and are interested in me writing something for you, just hit me up! I do freelance poetry writing and it truly makes me.. more..

Writing
Fiverr Woman Fiverr Woman

A Poem by Lala


Lucht Lucht

A Poem by Lala