Zoelle's Punishment

Zoelle's Punishment

A Story by Lily
"

A nightmare I had to take out of my book.

"
     I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in a dark room, the only light was shining down on five kneeling figures in front of me. I tried to go to them, but I was secured to a pillar by a chain my arms being bound behind my back. I struggled against the shackles holding me, but stopped when several cloaked figures stepped into the light. One of them threw back his hood and I snarled, “You!” He had blonde hair with harsh silver eyes and looked to be in his mid fifties, but he and I knew he was much older than that. He smirked at me, “You have evaded me for a long time, Abominatio.” “My name is Zoelle Viatrix. . .” I snarled before he interrupted saying, “You are an abomination! And I will see you die, tonight!” A second cloaked figure stepped forward and dropped her hood, revealing blonde hair and fair skin. Genoa spoke, “It will die, Your Majesty, but remember your plan to cause it was much pain as possible.” The king nodded to Genoa and she grabbed a handful of hair of the kneeling person in front of her, pulling their head back. Jonathon's scared face came into view and I begged the king to spare him, but Genoa lifted a dagger high and slit his throat, from ear to ear. Jonathon fell forward and I screamed threats, curses, and a thousand tortures on them if they didn't let me stop the bleeding, but they just ignored me as Jon's blood drained onto the white marble floor. Genoa moved to the next person and lifted back Mikel's head. I screamed wordlessly as the same treatment that Jon endured was given to Mikel, Ashley, and Derek. I whimpered as Rhiannon's mascara streaked face was finally revealed to me. Genoa faltered, sheathing her knife and I took the pause to say something to my best friend, “Rhia, I love you. I'm sorry, this shouldn't be happening to you. I'm so sorry, I love you.” Genoa pulled Rhiannon's head back to reveal her pale neck and Genoa's eyes never left mine as she bit Rhiannon's neck. “No!” I screamed as the blood gushed from Rhia's throat. Genoa released her hold on my best friend and let her lifeless body fall to the ground. I struggled against the pole, screaming, crying, begging them to let me help her. I couldn't breathe and I screamed louder when I say that all of my friends' eyes were looking at me, cold and lifeless. I slumped to my knees, my head bowed, tears refusing to stop. I gasped for breath between sobs, “Kill me. Just kill me.” “Oh we will, you can be sure of that. But first meet two people who have been dying to meet you.” The king moved away and I raised my head as the last two figures dropped their hoods. He was blonde and incredibly handsome and she was dark and insanely beautiful. I knew who they were in a millisecond, I had stared at their portrait hidden in my secret room back in Louisiana. “Mother, Father.” I croaked out of my ruined throat, “Help me. Please.” They didn't move, just stood there and stared blankly at me. The king moved to stand behind my father, tapped him on his head and my father's neck turned sharply and he dropped to the ground. The harsh crack reverberating in the air. The king moved to stand by my mother and she turned to face him and knelt at his feet. The king placed his hand around her neck and squeezed only then did she become animated. She clawed at his hands and when he would not release her, her gaze turned to me. 'Help me, Zoelle!'  she mouthed at me. Then she stopped moving, hanging limply in the king's grip. He finally released her and she crumpled to the ground, not moving. The king wiped his hands on a pristine white handkerchief and dropped it on my mother's corpse, “Yes, you should blame yourself. All of their deaths are your fault. Had you not been born, your friends would not have suffered in their final moments.” I opened my mouth to speak, but all that came out was a whimper. My tears hadn't stopped flowing and I couldn't breathe through the salty liquid. I felt dead inside and I just waited to be dead on the outside as well. I looked up as the king stopped in front of me, his hands reaching for my neck, “You will no longer taint my family's bloodlines with your hideousness, Abomination.” I breathed my last and darkness flooded my vision.

© 2014 Lily


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on October 9, 2014
Last Updated on October 9, 2014

Author

Lily
Lily

KY



Writing
The Final Storm The Final Storm

A Poem by Lily