Game

Game

A Story by Worriedkatt
"

Thoughts about a lot of comments recently.

"

I have never understood people who claim that life is a game. A game implies the possibility for winning and losing. Two opposites that are just as blunt and crude as black or white, on or off. I have a hard time accepting that through the thousands of connections with other people that we make during a life time our decisions and way to act will simply narrow down to the two options, winning or losing. Would it not be possible that a previous failure was necessary in order to gain a later victory? A failure of which in a way was the seed for victory in a challenge faced?


 The "losing in life" and also the "winning" I believe are social constructions. Not universal, and not in any sense true. It is a tool created to cause inferiority in man and to leave him with a sense of unfullfillment and loss. I believe the correct way to look upon the issue is to see it more as choices of which none are right or wrong. I believe that value in life is achieved more by a type of questions similar to:" What is your favorite color?" To this question there is no right or wrong answer. No correct choice.


 A lot of people try to dictate these questions and these choices and create patterns. Because that is what is easy to understand, easy to categorize. And people like that. It is appreciated when you can see "this decision is right, and these are wrong. I have been taught that the correct color to like is red. Red is power." It makes it easier to sort people in to categories. People who like red the right color, or the rest." The rest could like red, if they just tried enough and weren’t so lazy".


 This creates a system that induces judgment and a type of clarity which I believe is and will never be possible to attain regarding questions about the echoes of our choices in life. It is that which I believe is in the end the problem with the "game" of life, we have simplified something which is impossible to a pattern we claim to understand and in this pattern we pass judgments on the parts where the flaws of it shine through. These flaws or "failures" are also known as the people who make different choices and act in a way of which we cannot or will not understand.


 The worst part of it is that in charge of making the laws and rules to handle these "failures" are people who have never been in the same situation and therefore can impossibly understand the reasons for why someone might feel forced to make a choice that goes against the grain of the majority’s interest.

At its best the system is infected, and at its worst it is a poison, and reduces the value of human life.

 

© 2012 Worriedkatt


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Unique writing style. It was a pleasure to read. Thanks!

Posted 11 Years Ago


thankyou. an interesting read.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 3, 2012
Last Updated on April 3, 2012
Tags: Losing, Winning, Game

Author

Worriedkatt
Worriedkatt

Örebro, Sweden



Writing
Sandbox Sandbox

A Story by Worriedkatt