Excerpts From the Mind's Eye part 1

Excerpts From the Mind's Eye part 1

A Story by
"

..............My daydreams

"
"There's someone on the roof!"

I looked out the window where Hannah had pointed. Light rain pelted the roof and the gray sky made it dark and eerie. On the left side of the classroom there was a large glass window looking out onto the roof. It was long and flat, the only way to reach it was to climb through the window of the classroom or scale the two-story brick wall, which should have been impossible.

But she was right. A man stood on the roof dressed in all black. He wore a black beanie and mas to hide his face. Straight brown hair fell in his eyes making him appear very mysterious. He stared at the class and then came toward the window.

The room began to panic and our teacher charged to the phone on the wall of the right side of the room. Students rushed out of their desks and raced to the door. But the man was already inside. I stayed frozen by fear in my desk, which happened to be just beside the window.

"Nobody Move!" He pulled a gun from his pocket and jabbed it at the side of my head. My stomach dropped and I felt sick with terror. His other arm wrapped around my neck and his cold hand stung at my skin. "Put the phone down. And nobody else move an inch. If anybody tries to leave or call the cops a bullet goes through her head." He pressed the gun to my head harder and I tried to jerk away, but he was much stronger than me. "Everybody sit down!" His voice was icy and heartless.

He removed his arm from my neck and opened the window which he had come in through. "Go." He whispered, pushing me towards the window. I paused before stepping out and glanced back at my class mates. They sat cowering on floor, some of them hugging each other, each of their faces filled with terror.

He pushed me again and this time I climbed up on the window sill. I stepped out into the rain shaking from the cold and the fear. The man climbed out after me and shut the window behind him. I stood against the brick wall of the building, out of sight of the window. He came and stood in front of me and looked me in the eyes. His stare made me feel uncomfortable. As though he was looking into my mind. The wind blew harder and his bangs swept aside revealing his eyes.

A strange feeling of recognition came over me, as though I knew him. His blue eyes were sad and pained instead of angry and murderous. Tears erupted from his eyes and the feeling of terror immediately left me. I slowly reached up and pulled his mask down around his neck. He had pale complexion and a square jaw line. He was surprisingly handsome. I did know him. But how or why I wasn't sure.

"You know me. You know me?" His sad face changed to confusion and shock. "I can't do this." He pulled the bullets from the gun and tossed them of the edge of the roof.

A name appeared in my mind and I was unsure why. It was his name. But why I knew it was still a mystery to me. "Seth." I said it out loud.

More tears ran down his face though it was hard to tell as the rain had gotten heavier.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry, Charlotte." He mumbled and began walking away from me.

"What? How do you know my name? Who are you?" Questions spilled out of my mouth before I even thought.

He kept walking and ignored my flustering words. He came to the edge of the roof and stood so the tips of his shoes hung over the edge. It was too late before I could do anything. He jumped.

I ran to the edge and looked over, not sure if I really wanted to look down. But I did.

He was standing, two stories below me, completely unharmed. He stole one last glance at me before darting away into the field surrounding the school. I said his name aloud one more time, my mid still foggy of what had just happened.

"Seth."

© 2012


Author's Note

:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting. I like how you leave a lot of unanswered questions, making the reader want to come back for more. There are some spelling errors that I'm sure you will catch by re-reading it. (example; he's wearing a mask, not a mas)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
1 Review
Added on April 21, 2012
Last Updated on April 21, 2012
Tags: excerpts, from, the, mind's eye, part 1, random, weird, short, story, doesn't, make, sense, why, are, you, reading, these, tags, weirdo

Author


Writing
Autumn Again Autumn Again

A Poem by


Heart of Scars Heart of Scars

A Poem by