Back Seat Driver from Beyond

Back Seat Driver from Beyond

A Story by
"

A very true story. You might not believe in ghosts or help from beyond but I do!

"

     I woke up from my dream in a panic, breathing hard, in a cold sweat and disoriented. All I remembered from my dream was a street sign.

     INCOMING TRAFFIC DOES NOT STOP.

     It had been the same dream for two nights now. I lay in bed staring at my alarm clock.

5:55 AM

     I woke up before my alarm went off again.

     My day started off being very ordinary. I drank my coffee, dressed, grabbed my backpack and headed off to school. I put in my time in English classes and afterward went to the library to study for midterms. In the quiet of the library I began to drift off due to lack of sleep. I jerked awake when my chemistry book hit the floor. I checked the clock on the wall and discovered I was going to be late to work.

     As most college kids do, I worked second shift at a crowded mall. I was very groggy and felt very strange like I was coming down with something. I definitely felt out of sorts.

     I stopped at a red light behind a line of cars waiting to make a turn into the shopping complex.

Green light.

     I approached the four-way intersection and something caught my eye.

INCOMING TRAFFIC DOES NOT STOP.

I had the right of way but I suddenly felt a wave of panic hit me. My scalp was tingling, heart pounding in my ears, and the hairs on my arms stood up on end. I suddenly felt very cold and terrified. At that moment I heard a woman’s voice. Inches away from me and screaming. It felt so close I could feel her breath on the side of my face.

STOP!

I slammed on my brakes and skidded to a stop just before two cars came across the intersection- ignoring their red lights- slamming head on into each other. They would have hit me. I would have been sandwiched between them.

     Air care landed in the parking lot and flew one of the drivers to the hospital. The other driver went by ambulance. Stopping at that intersection probably saved my life and the lives of the people in the cars behind me.

     That voice and the feeling of someone sitting right beside me was very real. What I can’t explain is where the warning came from. I was alone in the car that day.

 

 

 

© 2008


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this... these things happen to many people all the time. You captured the experience perfectly and told the story very well. Hope to see more from you :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I got shivers reading this! Reading people's personal supernatural type experiences always freak me out, especially with that chilling last sentence. Very creepy, great writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That's terrifying! It's also strangely comforting that somehow you were saved from an accident by what ever you'd like to call that. I love how this is structured and how you used the italics. Sounds like your life is pretty interesting:).

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this! I like anything about the supernatural and this is a well written description of a personal experience. Interesting and well told.


Jerry

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 23, 2008

Author


Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Book by


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by


Our Fallen Heros Our Fallen Heros

A Poem by