25,000 mornings

25,000 mornings

A Poem by
"

Just another love poem. Sorry people of the WritersCafe website.

"

Life is just boxes and junk inside jars,

Weird old antiques and ugly guitars.

Oh, but we know, that these things made us happy.

 

 

The skies overhead are nothing to fear,

The planets intact and no one is near.

Oh, but the kids today are in love with the mystery.

 

 

There's dust on the toys and ripped magazines,

Creaking wood floors and holes on old jeans.

Oh, but we love to look through the life we once lived.

 

 

The clocks have stopped ticking and the pets have all died,

Our skin is done rotting and our minds are both fried.

Oh, but our journey isn't even close to being finished.

 

 

My eyes are closing while your's are still wide,

I can't imagine death without you by my side.

Oh, but your love will make my traveling go easily.

 

 

 

The doctors today say that we only live on average, 25,000 mornings. I may not have been able to spend every single one of them with you, but I spent the happiest ones with you. Thank you for making my life not so simple.

 

With love,

Your Love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2010


Author's Note

Why did I write this? I have no clue. I actually hate reading love poems, but for some reason I felt like rhyming and once I had the rhym in my head, the words came with it. This doesn't represent my life our anything, I just felt like exploring my writing abilities.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You wrote this because your gift manifests itself in this manner. Profound, and beautiful expresssions. Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awwwww, this was so sweet. It was so simple, I'm actually a sucker for love poems. This was beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow awesome poem! Just great work. This poem is just amazing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Incredible poem, great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow... This is amazing. I hate reading love poems too, so I completely feel you on that. But this is definitely not your average "mushy-gooey" or "heartbroken" love poem. Its clever and thoughtful and very well formed. The last three stanzas (or last two stanzas and then the paragraph...however you look at it) were exceptionally touching. In fact, they made my eyes want to get a little misty. Beautiful work. I love how the 25,000 mornings tied in. Very creative. Excellent poetry. Going in my favorites.

Posted 13 Years Ago


xD kind of made me think about going through my grandmothers attic, had little clue what I was going to find. A nicely made poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hahah ;) Yeah, it was completely forced rhymes, but I was bored. You know how that goes

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'd have initially trashed you for forced rhymes, lol. But the words force me to say it's too good. Not mere nostalgic, something beyond that. I just don't know why.. The first 4 stanzas were very social and it has to end with love? Maybe it was intentional. But that doesn't stop me from adding this to my favorites. Well done. :)

Keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this a lot actually, and I normally hate these types of poems too. You did it without being overly gooey, which is nice. The rhyme scheme is interesting and I like it. :D
I love the pic, but really? That guy's suit made me gag lol. I can't back you on that... Men shouldn't wear panties lol :P
Otherwise great poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago


We need more love poems. Less poems of disappointment. I like this poem. Being with someone for many years and wishing to stay with them is a sweet dream. A beautiful poem of love and kindness.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

834 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 12, 2010
Last Updated on August 29, 2010
Tags: love, death, old, young, you, true love

Author


Writing
Cipher Cipher

A Story by


Paths to Grace Paths to Grace

A Book by


Forward Forward

A Chapter by



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


War War

A Poem by Tate Morgan