Much Too Emotional For the Likes of You

Much Too Emotional For the Likes of You

A Story by

I thought it was just the light in her eyes. The automatic snarl that dominated both our features was a bit off-putting, seeing as we were both happy people. But as we moved into the shade, only my eyebrows went up. No, hers did not follow. So scared was I. What troubled this angel I saw? Why was her mind troubled with the stresses of a greater being? Or, was her sorrow bliss? Was she sitting there, brows together, thinking of how she'd take the last heartbreaker down; remembering how he destroyed her? Yes, that seemed to be it. For her lips twitched, as if she were to laugh, even as her gaze burnt holes in the grass she stared at. Suddenly, she wore a great grin. It made flowers bloom and brides cry. It was so bitter. A smile streaked with hatred. So overwhelmed with emotion were we. Something was pushing my mind, my legs somewhere else. Something told me to pick myself up and leave. I pried myself from that great bonfire of anger, joy, and sorrow. And as I walked away, I spotted a tear.

 

I've never seen myself cry.

© 2011


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is intense, Audrey....which is why I love it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like how you wrote this story. Take a talented writer to write a complete story in one paragraph. I like how you made the reader see and feel the pain of the girl in your words. I like the ending. Made the story complete. Thank you for a outstanding short story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2011
Last Updated on June 17, 2011

Author


Writing
graduation graduation

A Poem by


Geometry Geometry

A Poem by