Drunk

Drunk

A Story by
"

Sort of fluffy? I think? I don't know, I've never been good at fluff.

"

The door slammed harshly, startling me from the vivid imagery of my book.

“H’ny, ‘m home!” came Henry’s slurred, cheerful voice. I sighed, closing the cover and walking into the hallway to meet him.

“Oi, stop fidgeting. You weigh a ton… Hey Lisabeth. Sorry for this guy. Michael brought enough beer to drown a whale, and no one really kept a close eye on this one. The game was intense.”

“He’s not passed out at least. Though that might have been better. Thanks, Jack.”

“L’zbeeeth!” Henry grinned as I hung his arm around my neck and made him lean on me. “L’zbeth, y’re so pretty!”

“Ugh, you reek,” I choked as I waved to Jack and dragged Henry into the house. “God, how many did you have? Stop squirming. Oh good, you’ve stained your shirt… you do realize I’m not made of Oxi-Clean, right? Why couldn’t you just stop at one can, really?”

“Was good be’r…” he mumbled. “S’m f’ncy stuff. M’kal brooooght it.” He leaned on me more, apparently trying to get us to sway. I righted myself after stumbling over and giving him a look over my shoulder. Finally we reached the bedroom and I flopped him onto the bed, wrestling him out of his soiled shirt. “Ohhh, so th’ts how i’s gon’ go, ‘s it?” I suppose he was attempting to look provocative. He turned out looking like he was half a dose short of tranquilizer and his body couldn’t decide what to do about it. Which was not the tiniest bit arousing.

“No,” I said firmly, rolling his shirt into a ball, “you are drunk, and I don’t want this stain to set. Now go to sleep.” I rolled him over and covered him with the blanket.

“Y’re not c’ming to bed?”

“I will once I’ve gotten this clean and I’m sure you’re asleep.”

“Kiss?”

“You’ll have to wait until you’re sober.” I walked to the door and turned out the light.

“L’zbeth?” he called just before I could close the door behind me.

“Yes?”

“Ah luf you.” The words were simple enough, and he’d said them to me often, but I still felt the blood rush to my face. ‘A drunk mouth speaks sober thoughts.’ I smiled as I replied.

“I love you too. Get some sleep; you’re going to have a hell of a hangover in the morning.” I heard him mumble something into the pillow as I closed the door, remembering he was more than worth the trouble he gave me.

© 2012


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Aw! Such a short and sweet story:) I really liked it. Great write, keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
I love the way you wrote this, the whole time I was amazed. Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well done you, this is excellent! I'd love to read more of it? :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2012
Last Updated on April 3, 2012
Tags: romance, drinking, drunk, love

Author


Writing
Loaded Gun Smile Loaded Gun Smile

A Poem by


My Dear My Dear

A Poem by


Emotions of After Emotions of After

A Poem by