AWASH IN THINGS UNSEEN

AWASH IN THINGS UNSEEN

A Poem by M. L. F.
"

Of belief & disbelief in unseen things...And to those whose eyes are open wide to the realms of the shadows of good & evil, and those whose are locked shut...Of one man who uses lies & logic to hide..

"

I WONDER AS I DRIFT HERE LOST IN THUNDEROUS IMAGINATIONS

IF SEEING GHOSTS IN EVERY CORNER TIS MAD MAN’S ABBERRATION

THE DREAMING DAYS BLEED INTO NIGHT AWASH IN THINGS UNSEEN

AND YET I SEE BEYOND THICK FROST THROUGH OTHERS’ MYSTERIES

THE SLEEPING MAN SHALL WIELD HIS LOGIC LIKE A MIGHTY SWORD

BUT ALL THE WHILE HIS EYES ARE SHUT TO TRUTHS HE CAN’T AFFORD

HE SMEARS HIMSELF IN EVIL LIES TO TWIST TRUTH INTO THEORY

YET ALL THE WHILE THE UNDERWORLD EXISTS AMIDST THOSE HEARING

THE SECRET PATH THAT OPEN EYES ENVISION IS NEVER LOST

AND THOSE WHO SEEK ITS TRUTH AVAIL TO PAY ITS HEAVY COST

I WONDER STILL WHILE DRIFTING LOST IN THUNDEROUS IMAGINATIONS

IF LIGHT AND DARKNESS EVEN CROSS THEIR LOGICAL CONTEMPLATIONS

© 2016 M. L. F.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Best piece I've read so far. I dig the rhymes and flow. Trapped in dark and being lost. Everybody search for light and truth. I've been there in the corners. Can you blame me?
The better path will open up to you finding yourself in the sight of belief. That's where it led me. Enlightening to me to find myself PARTLY in this ghost of a man you write about but light has washed me purer already. My attempt to leave a less shallow review, ms.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

7 Years Ago

I believe the better path opens up to you when you die to yourself / flesh and let in the light that.. read more
LostBoy

7 Years Ago

My favourite too. Well put Misty. I relate to your pov.

Lovely Name btw.



Reviews

Best piece I've read so far. I dig the rhymes and flow. Trapped in dark and being lost. Everybody search for light and truth. I've been there in the corners. Can you blame me?
The better path will open up to you finding yourself in the sight of belief. That's where it led me. Enlightening to me to find myself PARTLY in this ghost of a man you write about but light has washed me purer already. My attempt to leave a less shallow review, ms.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

7 Years Ago

I believe the better path opens up to you when you die to yourself / flesh and let in the light that.. read more
LostBoy

7 Years Ago

My favourite too. Well put Misty. I relate to your pov.

Lovely Name btw.
New favorite poemnof mine. This is excellent! Pure genius. Well played!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

Why thank you! ;) This is my favorite poem too... I'm no poet, but this one I kinda feel good abou.. read more
Bluefire

6 Years Ago

No problem
This is often how I feel. I just let my mind wander and drift into the subconsciousness. It's often how I get a lot of my work out as well. I do it with both my writing and my drawing. There's a truth in this where we see basically what we want to see. "AND YET I SEE BEYOND THICK FROST THROUGH OTHERS’ MYSTERIES" What other people think is a mystery we have the knowledge to explan yet we find things in our own lives which we don't understand but someone else might. "BUT ALL THE WHILE HIS EYES ARE SHUT TO TRUTHS HE CAN’T AFFORD". Overall a powerful and inspiring poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

Thanks... This one is a bit tricky because it weaves between two subjects a bit. Between belief and.. read more
M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

That is why he sleeps.. because he has chosen to shut his eyes to what he knows might exist, to excl.. read more
very nice poem, i enjoyed reading

Posted 8 Years Ago


M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

Thank you. This is the one I enjoyed writing the most. :) Thanks for the read, glad you liked it... read more
Hi kiddo sorry this took so long I had my grand kids all weekend and simply haven't been able to get anything done. It is easy to ignore the violence and the truth that surrounds us everywhere and defines what it is to be a human being. I often think we delude ourselves about what is true an what is not. I can not be sure of exactly what you speak.But will talk of what it means to me. In America you know we have a presidential election at the moment. We have a choice between a blatant racist and a true progressive. In this country the truth is always hidden be the media We have seen the deletion of public debates. CNN actually deleted comments from our debates in an effort to deny us the truth. It is best to say that we should all be better educated and more aware. Denying truth does not make it less true. We are at a turning point in our lives where we will either go through our live blissfully unaware of reality or get off our butts and demand the truth.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

Completely agree Tate... Blindness only leaves everyone happily fumbling about. Better to see what .. read more
This world of light and darkness arouses the wild storms of the imagination. So much exists beyond the realm of our shallow eyesight, and it is a dreamish place of shadows and light that you express so powerfully here. There is a world in these 12 brilliant lines. xo

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

Thank you. I love it when people understand the underlying meaning. Thanks for the read :)
Echoes of Eros

8 Years Ago

I appreciate the depth of your soul. xo
I've always contemplated a character. A man of logic; who is blind to everything beyond the grasps of his "omni-potent" logics. Lie is no Evil if it can be 'logicalized', the truth is adjusted to what he can comprehend. His life is his logic and anything beyond; in-existent. This man sees what he will...believes himself a Saint, condemning and judging at the mercy of his 'biased' logic.
This is just what came to mind. Great poem 'M':)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

That was quite perceptive Mr. Krizito... And by far THE most spot on interpretation of this work thu.. read more
Krizito

8 Years Ago

Thank you*taking a bow*Thank you:)
M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

Haha.. So modest..
It is the logical man that sleeps in fear of great truths, yet those truths are ones found by the heart and not solely of the mind. It requires that the mind unlock his caged heart to understand these truths, yet he is in too great of a fear to do so, believing such an action would cause unimaginable pain and the loss of his reason he holds so dearly to. Yet his heart, a forever ravenous beast that constantly searches for those things it deems to be the greatest treasures known to mankind, ceaselessly attacks the bars of his cage and instills terror into the man, for he does not wish to be devoured by the beast. And so, he takes his reason and infuses it with falsehoods, feeding to the beast to send it into a sleep of deluded dreams, making it placid. Now, the logical man is no longer in fear of being consumed, but he must continue in his feeding of the creature, for it is a beast that is easily awakened if one is not careful. I hope this was a fairly apt description.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

Beautifully stated, and well understood ;) Except the sleeping man KNOWS his evils, they are far to.. read more
Aventicus

8 Years Ago

I did enjoy the read, yet In truth I found that I had to go over it several times to understand its .. read more
M. L. F.

8 Years Ago

It is simple. It's about the haves and the have - nots... . belief and disbelief. If those of us w.. read more
i loved the imaginative thoughts here.... the words you have used are quite amazing....it flows beautifully... thought provoking and very well presented work.... beautiful concept.... the title is intrigue too.... full ratings... god bless you....

Posted 8 Years Ago


OK, I think I see why our paths have crossed. Your words relate to me in ways you, I'd allow, would not imagine! Thank you so much for listening to your amazing muse and sharing it with us (ME).

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1220 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on February 24, 2016
Last Updated on March 20, 2016

Author

M. L. F.
M. L. F.

American writer in the Netherlands....



About
"True suspense, true... terror, doesn't jump in your face with a hockey mask. No, no...It starts very, very slowly, creeping up your spine and into the space where your hair trickles onto your neck.".. more..

Writing
TRUST TRUST

A Poem by M. L. F.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..