Maybe a Second Chance Isn't Bad

Maybe a Second Chance Isn't Bad

A Story by Bri
"

Nicole was a sweet natured country girl, growing up riding horses. She married a handsome young man only for him to cheat on her two years later. She left him, but one years later she returns.

"
~Nicole POV~
I drove through my tears, not able to process that I caught him cheating on me. I thought everything was fine, our sex life was great, I showed him that I loved him every single day by making dinner and buying him something, I spoiled him. He was never the man to cheat, he was never full of himself and treated me like a queen since the beginning. Yet, he creates his own business and cheats on me only two years after we married. I drove for miles, finding myself at my parents' house. I knocked on the door, the rain pouring down on me. My father opened it, taking one look at my face he quickly pulled me into a hug.
After I explained the whole thing to them, they helped me move in. I didn't want to live the rest of my life here, it's unfair to them. I do have a good job, so I could probably find myself an apartment. I didn't eat dinner, my appetite was demolished by the depression taking over my heart. I showered and curled up in my old bed, falling asleep with my tears soaking my pillow.
I woke up to my phone ringing, the sound piearcing my ears like a blade. I looked at the screen, clenching my jaw when his name showed up. I wanted to answer it, to win him back, but my mind told me otherwise. I know people say follow your heart, but I'm following my mind. I ignored his call and then looked at his text messages, my anger replacing the depression. He tried telling me that he was only using the girl for sex since he didn't want me to feel like that's what he married me for. Saying how he loved me and wanted me to come back home. I scoffed at his messages, that place is no longer my home and he is now longer my husband. 
I texted back, telling him the divorce papers will be sent through the mail. I've told myself since I was young that a man who cheats isn't worth the time. I'm going to be heartbroken still, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? 
I laid my phone down and crawled out of bed, stretching my frozen muscles. I wrapped my robe around me before walking down the steps, the smell of bacon flooding my nostrils. I smiled at my parents, stealing a piece of bacon off my father's plate.
"Are you feeling better?" my mother asked, placing a plate of food in front of me.
I sighed, "Kind of, he wants me back but...I'm divorcing him anyway."
"Glad I raised you right, no man like that is worth the time, dear." my mother replied, kissing me on the head.
"Your brother says he'll be down here with Katie later, something about taking you out to lunch." my father chirped, reading the newspaper.
I grinned, Katie and my brother got married four years ago. They've tried having kids, but Katie found out it was impossible for her to get pregnant. So, they're adopting a little girl who has Down Syndrome. She's a beautiful girl, dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. I finished my breakfast before getting dressed, knowing they would be here soon. 
I was brushing my hair when I heard a neigh from outside, a smile lighting up my face. It has been a while since I've seen my old girl. I scurried out of the house and into the pasture, whistling to my old grey mare. Luna lifted her head, her brown eyes landing on me as she whinnied. She galloped over to me, nuzzling me on the face. I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her thinning neck.
I've owned her since I was sixteen, she's a crazy Quarter horse. My father kept me updated on her, she's losing weight, but that's the only issue. He's switching her onto a new feed tomorrow, hoping it will help her gain some of her lost weight back. I groaned as my phone went off again, his name showing up on my screen. I rolled my eyes at the "heartbroken" message he sent me.
"Nikki, please, don't leave me. I'm sorry! I just didn't think you would want to do it all the time, I love you. You know that. Please, baby, come back?" 
I wanted to scream, but the soft snort of my mare made me chuckle. I just ignored his text and started searching for a lawyer, maybe my brother knows one. After all, he is a lawyer. Speaking of the lawyer himself, his car's horn sounded. I looked up to see him and Katie climbing out of his car, my sister-in-law smiled as she climbed under the fence and ran over, pulling me into a hug.
"Are you okay?" she asked, grabbing my face.
I smiled, "Yeah, a little better. Still hurts."
"I know, it's going to. Trust me, two boyfriends of mine had cheated on me before."
"Really?"
"Yeah, I beat the crap out of one and my dad shot at the other. They both survived, physically...not mentally." 
"You really are crazy." I laughed.
She smiled, "That's why you love me!"
"And me!" my brother spoke, kissing her.
He then looked at me and pulled me into the original brotherly hug. We went inside while talking about their adoption process. All they have to do is sign the papers and they'll bring home my niece Friday. I was so excited, I am defitnitally spoiling her. 
As they talked to my parents I thought about my ex-husband. I just wanted to know why he cheated, the real reason. I know it wasn't about...his arousal issue, but rather something else. Did I not love him enough? Did I do something wrong? 

© 2015 Bri


Author's Note

Bri
I'm sorry about spelling or grammer mistakes! I'll fix them after dinner. So, what do you think? I'm trying to not use "as" "while" "before" etc. as much. Thank you for any tips! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on March 22, 2015
Last Updated on March 22, 2015
Tags: romance, heartbreak, drama, love, hate, love-hate, realistic, cheater, second chances

Author

Bri
Bri

About
Hey guys! I'm a young writer who's trying to improve her skills. I have an account on Qoutev and Wattpad, but I really want to get my writing out there. I mainly write werewolf stories, romance storie.. more..