Wonder

Wonder

A Story by Alexzandera

Schools, and prisons, and the whitened fields. We passed them all, constantly wondering who had called this land home. The long abandoned schools once were full of children. Who were they? What were they learning? The prison housed convicts. What were their crimes? Did they have visitors? Did they leave young children behind, perhaps to study at the schoolhouse? The fields, oh the fields. What did they hold? Were they home to livestock? To crops? It is impossible to tell under the blanket of glistening snow. I have always wondered these things, and slightly pained knowing that my questions will never be answered. However, I must trek on. Food, shelter, water: I must find them before the cold pulls me into an embrace that I cannot escape. Before I become someone to merely wonder about.

© 2017 Alexzandera


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully written. I enjoyed this. Good questions.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 12, 2017
Last Updated on July 12, 2017

Author

Alexzandera
Alexzandera

Missoula, MT



About
Follow me on insta: @alexzandera.miller.poetry I'm a college student attending the University of Montana studying English and Spanish. I mainly write poetry, however I am (hardly) working on a fant.. more..

Writing
Z.K. Z.K.

A Poem by Alexzandera