Come Away With Me

Come Away With Me

A Poem by WriterMe
"

To run away and to learn life with one person

"

 

Come Away With Me
 
Come away with me,
Where the bright stars fill the night sky,
And we lay beneath, dew grass below our feet
 
Come away with me,
Where the sigh of ocean waves fill the summer air,
And we sit on velvet sand,
Watching the brilliance of the setting sun
 
Come away with me,
Where rainy mists cover hilltop peaks,
And we stand under an oak tree,
Our breaths melting into the wind
 
Come away with me,
Where floral pastures are soft beneath our bare toes,
And we run, carefree, to a place no one knows
 
Come away with me,
Where we dance to the music of our hearts,
Trapped in the happiness of our love
 
So why don’t you,
Hold my hand,
Don’t be afraid,
And…
Come away with me?

© 2009 WriterMe


Author's Note

WriterMe
I wrote another poem =] Yes, I am shocked too since its not my forte. Albeit, its not that good. Suffering a bit of mixed emotions at the moment so... yeah. Cant make out the real reason behind these lines. But I suppose thats the best part about poems. Ideas are so deeply embeded in them, that you can never find out its true meaning. But I would love to hear what you think of it though.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so lovely, I enjoyed this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very sincere plea for an enchanted journey to happiness. This is laid out nicely as far as a structure, but not strict, which is what I often like to use. So dreamy and inviting:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very pleasant piece. Sincere emotion. The piece flows really well with the way it's worded and with the words that are used. Nice!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Bravo! An amazing poem with great imagery. You've painted a beautiful picture that your readers would surely enjoy, as I have. Very expressive, filled with emotion and wonder.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow.... You speak with words that simply enchant me, that reach a special place in my heart and soul. This poem is truly romantic, and you have such a way with your words. Tonight I will go to bed and dream of being such a fantastic writer as you are. There are no words to describe the beauty in this piece. I could read this over and over, and still feel the beautiful emotions that you've allowed me to experience. You are definitely a talented writer. Don't take your talent for granted! Your poetry is amazing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's wonderful! :) I'm shocked that you don't see much it in; I think it is beautiful.
But maybe I am slightly bias...
For you see, you have perfectly described my own personal heaven.
Your words brought me there, if only for a moment, and I'm left smiling like an idiot. ;D
Magnificently done. Thanks so much for posting it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is beautiful!!!!! Thank you for entering the Thoughts contest. Sorry it has taken so long to read through.

Josie

Posted 14 Years Ago


Another wonderful piece of writing. The imagery is fantastic and the voice is solid. Your gift with description is amazing. A very colorful and well though poem here. Keep up the good work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


oh, this is very nice . . . very, very nice . . . .

Posted 14 Years Ago


When you say that this isn't very good, you are either being very modest, or very foolish! Because this is an amazing write! Haha. I loved the simplicity of this piece, and thought that the descriptions were beautiful! This poem really resonated with me, and I felt like each stanza evoked a certain memory of mine. It honestly scared me how applicable this poem was to the experiences in my life. Hehe. I guess that in a way, that's one of the strengths of this piece. You captured the emotions in this poem in a way which felt intimate and personal, yet at the same time, general enough for everyone reading it to be able to relate to.
A heartfelt write!
~PaperHearts

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

875 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2009
Last Updated on October 14, 2009

Author

WriterMe
WriterMe

India



About
You know its funny how I have been on this site for nearly three years and never bothered to change the About me? And the funniest part if it all was how you read your before About me and smile at how.. more..

Writing
Closed Book Closed Book

A Poem by WriterMe


Inhibition Inhibition

A Story by WriterMe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Old Crow Old Crow

A Poem by Hollywood


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan