That Boy

That Boy

A Story by WriterMe
"

I remembered someone. Was he real?

"

Whatever happened to the boy with the eyes that shone like bright frosty stars, his smile would bring comfort on the dampest days and his arms would bring warmth on the coldest nights.


Whatever happened to the boy whose words would inspire you to stand up on your own two feet, who would make you dream beyond your limiting boundaries, who would make you wonder what lies beyond your expectations, and who’d make you smile despite the sadness in his eyes.


Whatever happened to the boy, young yet wise beyond his years, his advices would wrap you with thought, his ideas would take you to place you never knew existed, his words would lure you to him, closer and closer.


Whatever happened to the boy that changed everything in you, your thought, beliefs, and made you into the person you are today. A person you never believed you could be.


Whatever happened to the boy who taught you the meaning of ones purpose in life, the reason for your existence, the one who taught you how to live.


What happened to that boy?


What happened to you?

 

© 2011 WriterMe


Author's Note

WriterMe
I'm beginning to like impulse writing. You don't think. But just type the first thing that comes to you mind and later on worry if it makes sense or not.
In this case, I pictured someone. But unfortunately time just made the space between us bigger. I would love to hear what you think =]

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I would list this as prose poetry. This is beautiful though. Some of it has a lyrical quality. Nice universal theme:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice. It is quite peculiar to run into someone years later. How, sometimes life has changed them into someone unrecognizable. I have one such friend. It makes me wonder if it was there all along and I just didn't notice the first time around. Great job with this one!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this piece. The only thing that I think would make it better is adding question marks at the end of each sentence instead of periods. Impulse writing its wonderful...it comes directly from a place unknown. I wonder what happened to my boy, too...

Posted 13 Years Ago


What happened... life. We have to constantly put things into perspective and make sure we know who we are and what we stand for and act accordingly. Very interesting and thought provoking piece. Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

461 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2011
Last Updated on March 17, 2011

Author

WriterMe
WriterMe

India



About
You know its funny how I have been on this site for nearly three years and never bothered to change the About me? And the funniest part if it all was how you read your before About me and smile at how.. more..

Writing
Closed Book Closed Book

A Poem by WriterMe


Inhibition Inhibition

A Story by WriterMe