Alvah

Alvah

A Story by WriterGirl101

On Halloween night, 1735, thunder shook the Earth, and lightning lit up the sky intensely. Rain came down in sheets, and you couldn’t see very far at all.

       On this particular night, a man and his young pregnant wife were wandering around, looking for a place to stay. For just moments before, they were thrust out of their apartment home by the rich land owners; because the father had been caught doing spells. The wife begged to be given a few more days, until the baby was born, but the owners refused, not even showing a little remorse. The husband then threatened them, but the wife called him off.

       Eventually they found the old abandoned church in the middle of their town, and the husband rushed forwards, breaking down boards in the doorway, making way for his wife. Once they got inside, the woman gasped, looking down between her legs. Her water broke, and she realized with a shock that she was about to go into labor.

       But this distressed the poor woman, for she knew she was not in the best condition at the moment. She broke down in tears, not knowing what to do, but her husband was more clear-headed, and took the matter into his own hands.

“Maud, zitto il tuo pianto e sdraiarsi su un banco! Maud, shut up your crying, and lay down!”

“Da, Alvah. Yes, Alvah.”

       The woman did as she was commanded. She screamed, as her baby was being born. The pain was immense. After a while, she heard her baby cry. The baby was a beautiful girl. Her hair was as black as ravens slick feathers, like her fathers, and her eyes shone like the moon, for they were so gray like her mothers. Her father smiled his devilish grin. And it got wider, seeing the mark of his own blood, for she would be just like him, or maybe, even better. He let out a devilish laugh.

       Maud wanted to hold her baby, but was afraid to ask. Alvah’s eyes began to glow bright yellow, his skin began changing to a reddish color, and he shook with a terrifying laughter. He saw his wife cowered down, and he softened, for he really did love this human creature, and hated when she was afraid of him. He even became good for her, and lost most of his evil. But what he had hidden inside would never disperse.   

       He then realized what Maud wanted, and held out the baby girl for her to take, and she smiled, glancing at her baby. “What shall we name her?” She asked, in her language. The father thought it over for a moment, and decided, “She will be called Daeva, meaning ‘evil spirit’, because she is born of my blood.”

       The couple gazed over Daeva, enjoying her, playing with her, and then Alvah, whose name meant ‘evil one’ took her from Maud, intent on washing the baby as best he could in this desolate disintegrating building. When she was all cleaned up, she was attached to her mother’s breast, to feed.

      

 

      

 

       What seemed like only seconds later, but was really hours, the couple and their baby were awoken with the sun high in the sky, and a loud sound outside. Alvah got off the pew, and glided to the churches windows. He came back to his wife, suddenly angered, and muttering to himself, pacing.

       “Love, what has happened?” Maud asked, getting to her feet. Alvah stopped, looking at his wife, and explained, the noise outside seemingly growing closer. “The townsfolk are on their way! It seems that the landowners had leaked what they saw to the people, and now they are after us! They have weapons. They think they can get to me! But they won’t.”

       Maud began looking worried, and Alvah noticed. “Don’t worry, loves. I’ll keep you both safe.” At that, three of the windows shattered, and glass rained down. Torches and matches came after, igniting anything it touched. Alvah cursed, trying to find an exit route for his wife and baby, for the villagers had blocked off all windows and doors.

       Alvah muttered a spell that would keep out the people for a while, and found a basement door. The family rushed in and Alvah shut the door behind him, muttering another strong spell. Maud found a closet, and laid her baby down on top of a pile of blankets, then crouched down in it with her. “Alvah, come in, hide with us.” Maud pleaded. Alvah just shook his head, and smiled. “I can protect myself if they make it in. Therefore, I will stand guard out here, and take care of them, if needed.” He told her. Maud nodded, and closed shut the door.

       An hour went by, as Alvah waited for the people, listening to their rants, and calls. Some got smart, and went to the basement window, but Alvah hid, and put a spell on that also. Others ran in another direction, believing that the family had escaped. Finally some groups made it into the church, and begun searching. Alvah cursed, and made the spell on the basement stronger.

       The basement door was attacked next. People kicking it, throwing their weight against it, and even some tried burning it. But to Alvah’s relief, the door held. As they stopped to think, he heard some of the conversations. It was easy, with his daemon ears.

“It’s witchcraft! I hear they were putting a spell on their baby, to make it evil.”

“He’s evil! He’s the son of Satan himself!”

“I don’t think he’s a demon. I just think he made a bad choice.” Said one, who was a woman taking up for them.

“He’s a demon! And he’s impregnated the woman. The baby will be just like him, evil! It will grow up and hurt others, as this one has done. So we’ll have to kill the wife as well, as soon as we get to them.”

       On the last sentence, Alvah was angered beyond belief. He was protective of his wife, and now his daughter; he wouldn’t let anything happen to them. Alvah rose from his hiding spot, muttering the strongest protection spell he could on the closet of his family, then released the one on the basement door. The people must have noticed this, because they tried the door, and it swung open. The daemon had not realized the mistake he had just made.

       He didn’t bother to hide his power. He let the feel of the powers into the air. He wanted the people to be afraid. He wanted them to know what they were up against. And it worked. No one stepped past the threshold for quite a while. Eventually though, someone got brave, and stormed down with a sword.

       The minute the man stepped off the last step, the room brightened, and got bigger, so they could clearly see and fight the 6’ man with long daemon hair and yellow eyes. The sword flew out of the man’s hand, lodging itself in the cement wall five feet away. He backed up, and stared at Alvah. Alvah laughed evilly, and cocked his head to the right.

       Fear consumed the man, and he fell to his knees, crying. Seconds later, more people came down the stairs. Realizing what happened, a farmer rushed at Alvah, and before he could make contact, his head exploded, splattering the wall, and the people. The body fell to its knees, and then hit the floor. Alvah laughed, enjoying the fear, and pain.

       A gun then shot, and was aimed perfectly at Alvah’s head.................................

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

          But Alvah was quick, and shot a spell, waving his hands up, causing the bullets to explode in mid-air. The people seemed to find it useless, and backed out of the room. Alvah followed, still thirsty for their anguish and fear. He grabbed the closest ones’ shirt collar, and yanked him back. “Where is the one who threatened my family?” He roared at the crowd, still running off.

       His daemon voice stopped everyone cold, and they began pushing forward an older man. Alvah smiled, and slowly stalked towards him, and the others stepped back. “You, I will have fun with.” He purred. He grabbed the man’s throat, and began talking to the people, keeping his eyes on the victim’s.

       “I was fine with hiding until you all dispersed, forgetting all your crazy ideas. I was willing to let you all live, and stay true to my wife when I promised to stay kind, and lose my evil intentions. But then this man threatened her and my baby daughter, and now I have no plans to keep you alive. I plan to kill you all, and enjoy every second of it!”

       He broke the man’s neck, throwing him to the ground. But then there was the shrill cry of a newborn baby. Alvah stopped what he was doing, and ran to the basement. The first man he had grabbed was now holding Daeva.

       Alvah rushed to take her back, but the man whipped out a knife, and held it to Daeva’s tiny throat. Alvah began to raise his hands to remove the knife, but then felt a stake at his back.

       “Make another move, this stake goes in your heart and your entire family dies.” The man whispered in his ear. Alvah knew he was stuck. Unfortunately he wasn’t the strongest of daemons, so he could not cast two spells at once. Alvah sighed defeated, and put down his arm.

       “How did you get past my spells?” He asked gruffly and angrily. “We didn’t. I asked your wife to open the door or I would shoot it, knowing that one would be hit. She opened it, and I snatched the baby.” The one holding Daeva explained. “Here is the plan. We shall let the wife live, if you sacrifice yourself and the girl. If not, we will just kill you all.” The man with the stake proclaimed.

       “No. I will not allow my daughter to be harmed. Let her go. She has no trace of my blood in her, I swear to you.” Alvah responded. “No, that is not good enough.” A man stated. “I guess it shall be all of you.” The stake holder said. He then plunged the stake into Alvah’s back, deeper and deeper, until it poked out of his chest in the front. Alvah grunted, falling to his knees.

       “You’re black deeds are over now. Sleep, demon, and pray God has your back.” The man laughed, kicking Alvah in the stomach. “NO!” Screamed the wife and rushed to Alvah’s side. A bullet then whizzed by, going through her forehead. She fell back, dead. Alvah reached out to her, gasping his last breath, while holding her hand.

       An officer rushed in just in time to stop them from also murdering the baby. Many were arrested, and sent off. But it was too late for Alvah whom had tried his best to stay good for his wife. They were buried together the next week, and the baby was sent off to an orphanage. 

© 2015 WriterGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this is just amazing. I love it especially the name's. The ending was so sad though but a brilliant idea of the baby surviving. You could make a novel out of this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Thank you. :)
I was actually thinking about it, but then I wasn't sure I could do it..
.. read more
Thinking about turning this into a book. Please, review, give me honest opinions, and tell me what you think. Thank you


Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 14, 2015
Last Updated on September 14, 2015

Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101