Southern Sea Beach

Southern Sea Beach

A Poem by Wunderlich
"

I wrote the opening bit a LONG time ago, around three years ago. It was part of a story I was writing, but I since abandoned that project and took that first paragraph and added the few stanzas onto it.

"

The waves of the Southern Sea gently collapse onto the shore.
The salty, cold water slowly creeps farther and farther up the sandy beach.
High tide. The weary eyes of a man who isn't quite a man watch in horrific suspense.
His hands tied, his legs bound, his mouth gagged, he struggles, his screams muffled.
Around his neck is a rope leash with a cement block tied to the other end.
He knows it's all over, there's nothing he can do, but he is still human
and reacts to his impending doom with unheard yells for help.
His hopeless green eyes swell with tears that roll down his dry, bruised cheeks.
Slow crawling death reaches out to him, faulters, and recedes with speed.
The sun's heat starts to fade, the uncomftorable bed of sand dissapates.
The sea slowly walks away, the pain of the ropes are gone,
and everything becomes white.

White
White
White
Make it

White
White
White
Erase it all and replace it with

White
White
White
Take this white pill and let everything become

All right

© 2009 Wunderlich


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm. Your intro fits more in a short story than in a poem. Despite being descriptive and all, I still saw it a bit prosaic. Ok, this is just me. Lol.

I read the last lines to myself in a singsong-y kind of voice, like "Ring Around the Rosie", and I thought to myself that now I have a lullaby. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 25, 2008
Last Updated on May 18, 2009

Author

Wunderlich
Wunderlich

Marshall, VA



About
Hai. I spend most of my time playing airsoft, guitar, smoking weed, writing, gaming, and listening to music. Bai. more..

Writing