Climb higher

Climb higher

A Poem by Ashley Wyble
"

I wrote this for the girls I talk to about hope and always having faith

"
She looks down at her mistakes. A bloody mess a horrid sight. She knows that the mountain she has been climbing as crumbled. The mountain was the mountain of hope and desires she soon comes to the realization that those cuts don't define her and she shouldn't let those low life losers who hide behind a computer screen define who she really is so she picks up the pieces to her broken heat and collects the shards of her shattered dreams and moves to the next mountain. She is almost to the top of the next mountain This mountain is the mountain of love she feels amazing as she reaches the top only to realize what's waiting for her on the top of mountain it was anther blade which symbolizes she failed this mountain too. She picks up the sharp pieces of metal and falls down the mountain The third mountain is the mountain of FAMILY! She has attempted to clim up this mountain already and has of course failed she drops the "love blade" and climbs up this steep mountain it feels like it takes her forever nervously she picks up head up to see her family standing there she is confused and worriedly asks have I've failed mother Her mother slowly smiles and says you've made it you will always have us no matter how hard it gets. She wipes the blood off of her arm and smiles her father nods and says time for your next mountain. The next mountain is peer pressure she slowly climbs up this one hopping over beer cans and cigarettes she was so nervous that she was gonna fall she saw her best fiend smoking a cig and drinking beer "want some you look stressed?" She keeped her head down and keep climbing she sees the most poplar girl in school getting high she walks up to her and says "hey you, yes you come here want a joint" she thought to her self well she's a great athlete and so popular I think I would be fine she smokes some and wobbles up the rest of the mountain she has yet again failed she sees two things now a razer blade and bottle of vodka she falls down the mountain and chugs the booze and cuts up her arms and goes to her final mountain of the day she hates this mountain so much because it reminds her of all of her failures. She sees as she's climbing a video of the old her before she cut her self for the first time she looked so perfect like a angle she keeped climbing only to find two photos of her in the future one looks very scary she is in a mental hospital her hands restrained to the side of the bed the next photo she is coming out of a recovery hospital for substance abuse and self harm problems and she looks healthy and happy. She gets to the top of the mountain to find two paths the first path is to keep going the way she is and end up going crazy that path looked really pretty and calm though it wasn't the right path the next path looked scary but it was the path to recovery she decided to go on to the scary path now it's 10 years later she is fully recovered and has a family to go home to the whole point of this message is to tell you that there's always going a mountain and your not always gonna climb it successfully but at the end of the day it's your choice to take the better path.
But It's hard waking up every morning knowing there is not much hope, knowing it's almost the end, knowing all of your hard work will never pay off, knowing that someday they'll realize how hard they made it for us, knowing that deep down inside you don't love you and if you don't love you who could? Right? Every day gets harder and harder and breathing is more of a struggle to the point were your just going thru the motions that's why I wrote this because they'll always be "Mountains" and your not always gonna want to climb them or will finish them successfully but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger want doesn't tear you down picks your right back up HAVE HOPE because they're will be a mountain you can climb and you can succeed you just have to keep on going! Keep your head held high.

© 2014 Ashley Wyble


Author's Note

Ashley Wyble
Ignore grammar and spelling problems focus on the message tell me what you thing:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on May 11, 2014
Last Updated on May 11, 2014
Tags: #recovery, #selfharm, #hope

Author

Ashley Wyble
Ashley Wyble

Roxbury , NJ



About
Hi I am 15 and I love writing short story's and poems writing is my passion more..

Writing
HOPE HOPE

A Poem by Ashley Wyble