The Awakening

The Awakening

A Story by ॐ WyGuy ॐ
"

It is the year 2020, and a young man by the name of Kale Thunder writes these last journal entries as the economy crashes forcing a shift in the consciousness of all mankind.

"

August 15th, 2020 2:33 PM

          Today I decided to bring my journal with me on my motorcycle ride. I don’t know why but I just had the urge to before I left. I rode to my view point spot on this ride, it’s about 18 miles from home and half the ride is off-road. The sign at the entrance to this little park said “no motorized vehicles allowed” but there was no cars in the parking lot, and it’s not like I’m hurting anyone so I decided to bring my bike with me. It’s really peaceful up here, just looking down at Spokane Valley from the top of this small mountain. I can see the cars scurrying around like little beetles. There’s this nice little log too that I’m sitting on, right where the tree’s clear so you can see are far as your eyes allow you. Tober just texted me, saying him and Zed are at Albi Skate Park, so after a couple more minutes I think I’m going to head down there to see what they’re doing.

3:27 PM

          Well I made it to the Park in one piece, I had to stop home so I could grab my board, but the trip was worth it because the park is completely empty today. I felt like I should introduce Zed and Tober, because I’ve never really written anything about them in here. Zed is your typical hippy, long messy hair, always wearing something comfortable. He’s usually the one who starts all of our deep conversations, and I kinda like that about him. He may be a little cloud headed but his intentions are always pure, he couldn’t hurt a fly. As for Tober he’s almost the complete opposite of Zed. He’s got clean cut hair, always tries to dress fashionably, and he’s a bit more attached to the physical, but Zed brings out the emotional side of him, which is good because without Zed he’d probably be an emotionally constipated mess. It’s kind of strange that the three of us are friends, but skating brought us together and I think that’s pretty rad. enough writing it’s time to shreeeed.

4:52 PM

          Well that was a pretty good sesh if you ask me! I finally got Zed to commit on the small handrail and he landed a backside board-slide on his fifth try! I’m glad I brought my journal along because this day is turning out to be much more interesting than I thought it was going to be. Anyways all the scooter kids started showing up from the playground, and the park got a little crowded so we decided to leave. We are now hiking in the woods behind the park, headed towards yet another popular spot of ours called “The New World.” If you’re wondering how it got this name, one day when we first started hiking back here Zed was really high and we came up to the cliff and he saw all the new houses being built down here and shouted out “IT’S THE NEW WORLD!” Yea there’s just no other name that could ever replace that one.  Tober was talking a lot about this economic disaster the world is facing right now. He told me all about how the Federal Reserve was creating money out of thin air and loaning it to other countries in order to make the US look like we were on top again. Quite a foolish move if you ask me, because how could you expect a secret that big to stay a secret? Anyways were at the cliff now so I’m going to put my journal away for a bit.

5:45 PM

          Zed, Tober, and I just got into a really deep conversation. We were talking about what’s going to happen when the economy crashes and that brought up a lot of possibilities. We couldn’t really all decide on one thing that’s going to happen for sure, but we could all agree that something big is coming, we don’t know when or how, but we know for sure that its coming soon. Well I’m pretty beat so I’m going to head home now.

6:45 PM

          Man oh man, something’s up with me tonight. I just have the strongest feelings of loneliness sometimes, even though I’m surrounded by wonderful friends and a supporting family. I’m just missing that one special girl to complete the puzzle that is my life. I need someone that I can completely open up to, but in order to do that I have the feeling that I have to wait to find the right girl. Zed has told me over and over that it will all be worth the wait in the end, and I really believe him, but I’m getting really impatient. I don’t know I just need to lay down and meditate or something to sort out my mind.

August 16th, 2020 9:58 AM

          I woke up feeling really… different this morning. It’s a great kind of different though, I walked straight outside this morning not caring if any neighbors saw me. It was like I was truly seeing for the first time in my life, I could sense all the living things around me, and felt the unconditional love of nature seeping into me through my bare feet on the grass. Breathing in the morning air felt like taking a big gulf of ice water after running a marathon through the dessert, and with each breath I felt more and more worries drift away as I breathed out. It all just hit me right in the heart, and I started crying tears of joy for the first time in my entire life. This thought just kept running through my mind the entire time, “Just see through your third eye, and allow your heart to take over”. I really don’t know if this is the big change we were talking about yesterday, but I get the feeling that I’m not the only one who feels different. Tober texted me saying “LOOK ON THE NEWS RIGHT NOW KALE”. I didn’t even respond I just flicked on the TV and saw the anchor smiling. We were right the change had come! “The world’s economy has crashed, with no hope of recovering. All of your money is useless now, but that’s not a bad thing. Money was turning us people into slaves and greedy monsters, so now that it’s gone you can finally live your lives! Get out there, explore yourself, re-connect with nature, and JUST LIVE. This will be our final broadcast for quite some time.” The message was pre-recorded and set on a loop, and the news anchor seemed a bit more chipper than normal even in the midst of this news. I have this unbelievable urge to be outside now, so I think I’m going to ride my motorcycle to one of my nature spots far away.

11:50 AM

          While I was out on my ride Zed called me and we both agreed that the big change has come, I told him about how I felt this morning and he said he felt similar. He was telling me about this farm his grandparents had and was telling me all about the amazing camping sites nearby, and this desire to be outdoors was growing with every minute I was inside since I got back. I think I’m gonna start packing a bag so we can get headed out there as soon as possible. I told Tober and he agreed to come as long as he could bring his girlfriend. So here goes, I’m packing up my bag and I don’t even know if I’m really going to come back home or not, only time will tell.

 

5:04 PM

          The most amazing thing happened while we were driving out here. I saw this girl I used to have the biggest crush on in high school. Her name is Alice, and she was just sitting under this big tree in a park on the side of the road.  She looked even more beautiful than she looked in high school, and she was always so nice to me, but I just never had the courage to try and form a relationship between us. I don’t know what came upon me but I just got this urge to tell her where we were going and see if she wanted to come. I parked right on the side of the road and talked to her a bit, I found it much easier to talk to people since this morning, I could tell that everyone had changed. I don’t think she would have come unless the big change took effect, but she seemed really enthusiastic about the whole thing. Looks like I’m not the only one looking to return to nature for a nice little bit. I talked to her the whole car ride out here and she told me all about her adventurous life after high school. I can just feel this really strong connection between us and I’m unbelievable happy that I noticed her there under that tree. We’ve made a wonderful little camp fire and ate dinner. Alice wants to go on a walk with me now so I’m done with this entry for now.

August 19th 2020, 11:00 AM

          These last few days have been unbelievably joyful, and full of nature. Alice and I are in a wonderful new relationship and life all together feels very abundant. I haven’t made any journal entries because we’ve just been so in tune with nature that I never wanted to take a minute away to write something down. Zed, Tober, and his girlfriend all seem very happy out here. I’m so glad that this change pushed me to just live on a whim and do adventurous things like this because I’m the happiest right now than I have ever been in my entire life. I could easily see myself living out the rest of my days like this with Alice by my side. I think I am going to burry this journal, I feel like it’s full of feelings and stories about who I used to be and now that I feel like a whole new person, leaving this journal behind feels like the best thing to do to let go of who I used to be. It’s time to say goodbye, if anyone finds this, don’t spend too much time dwelling on my past, just get out there and live! Goodbye.


"Finally this piece is broken,

Its what we need to be awoken."

- King Krule 

The End

© 2015 ॐ WyGuy ॐ


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a great read. I love the fact you posted a journal of your life (if it's about you). Great descriptions and was a great insight into your experiences, emotions and perceptions!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ॐ WyGuy ॐ

9 Years Ago

Thanks very much :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 10, 2015
Last Updated on January 10, 2015
Tags: Spirituality, Journal Entries, Consciousness, Life, Love, Skating, Economy, Awakening, Enlightenment, Nature

Author

ॐ WyGuy ॐ
ॐ WyGuy ॐ

Spokane, WA



About
I am an INFJ, or at least thats what a multitude of personality tests have told me. I guess this kind of personality is found in many authors, so I thought one night, maybe I should see if my writing .. more..

Writing
Her. Her.

A Story by ॐ WyGuy ॐ