Panda! Go Panda! Anime Movie Review

Panda! Go Panda! Anime Movie Review

A Story by Carrie Ott
"

A review of the children's movie "Panda! Go Panda!" I simply critique the plot, characters, etc. A CHRISTIAN EVALUATION is included at the end for some viewers and as a parental guide.

"

Panda! Go Panda!

 

A review of the children’s anime movie

 

Title: Panda! Go Panda!

Alternate Title: Panda Kopanda; Panda, Baby Panda

Genre: Children/Adventure/Humor

Episodes: 2 (short films)

Running Time: Approx. 71 minutes, or approx 30 minutes per movie

 

Note: Panda is a children’s movie, so this review

will be written with the idea of evaluating the “childlike”

aspects. I will not review this on the level of adult viewers.

 

Synopsis: When Mimiko’s grandmother leaves on a trip, Mimiko is left alone in the house until her grandmother returns. After making some trips to the local stores to stock up on what she’ll need while grandma is away, Mimiko returns home to find that things aren’t the way she left them. Suddenly, she discovers a baby panda. Naming the baby Panny, Mimiko adopts him into the family. When Panny’s father shows up, things become even more interesting as Mimiko explains that she has no parents. She asks Panny’s dad to be her father! The big panda bear agrees, and together Mimiko, Panny, and Papa have many adventures together. With Panny and Papa, maybe living by herself isn’t so bad for Mimiko any more. But when Mimiko discovers that Panny and Papa belong in a zoo, she might have to face losing her new family forever.

 

Plot: What can I really say? Panda is a children’s movie, so there’s nothing too deep or philosophical about the plot. Panny and Papa join the family, and comical adventures are sure to follow. While the first movie is mainly about establishing the relationship between the two panda bears and Mimiko, the second movie involves a circus rescue in the midst of a flood.

            Despite my age, I did find these movies entertaining. The plotlines are great for kids, and children will find them very exciting and fun. Papa + Panny + Mimiko = adventures ahead!

 

Characters: Mimiko is a typical child of her age " very loud and happy-go-lucky. Panny is curious, which is great for children who are learning as well. Papa is funny and kind, and he’s a great character for kids to trust in " he’ll save the day no matter what. The three characters (as well as some whimsical minor characters) really bring out the potential in the series and make it one kids will love.

 

Animation: The animation of Panda " done by world renowned virtuoso Hayao Miyazaki " is just as whimsical as the characters. The out-of-proportion animation suits the movie very well, and bright colors combined with solid shapes provide a great learning opportunity for children.

 

Music: Fanciful and bubbly are the best words to describe Panda’s music. The music fits in well with the film and provides a nice undertone throughout the entire piece.

 

Recommendation: I would recommend this movie for any child or parent looking for a fun new movie to watch. Adults normally wouldn’t watch this movie unless they’re watching it with their kids.

 

Audience: While anyone can watch Panda, I don’t really recommend it for viewers over 7 or 8, depending on the child’s maturity level. It might start seeming a little ‘stupid’ for kids older than that. Although hey, if your 17-year-old wants to watch it, why not? J

 

Final Score:  9 out of 10, for an engaging and funny storyline. Most young children will love this movie. You’ll probably find them wandering around outside looking for a baby panda after this.

 

For the Christian Audience: Absolutely nothing to worry about here! Conclusion: Safe!

 

 

Want to buy Panda Go Panda? Click the links below. I’ve set up the links so that you’ll go to a new page to view the item, then you can click and go to the store to buy the item! Enjoy - it's a rare find!

 

Click this link for the (considerably rare) DVD: <iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=wyvernwriter-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B00012QLUU" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

© 2011 Carrie Ott


Author's Note

Carrie Ott
Have you seen Panda? Tell me about it! Did I do a good job reviewing it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1065 Views
Added on April 3, 2011
Last Updated on July 5, 2011
Tags: panda, go, baby, papa, panny, anime, movie, review, mimiko, children

Author

Carrie Ott
Carrie Ott

About
Want some writing advice? Here's a link to one of my articles - http://www.squidoo.com/understanding-poetry-rhyming-meter-and-form UPDATE: Here's the link to my blog, where I will be recording my .. more..

Writing