Bound by Forever (4)

Bound by Forever (4)

A Chapter by Tori
"

Aydean gets a phone call, one that changes his life forever. Then, Aydean sees the angry and abusive side of his parents. What could cause this?

"

They say not to judge a book by it's cover, and those who do pay the price. I quess it would be wise to listen. IF not, pain can consum you like the sun does a fragile rose. But even through the ultimate punishment, she held me, she watched over me like an angel. Did I really deserve her love? Did I?

 

"Well Aydean, what do you think?"

I looked up at the two-story house that sat on top of a large hill, overlooking everything. Three windows were centered over a giant porch that wrapped around the entire house. The white panels were covered in randomly placed black shutters. The slanted roof proved an excellent place to escape from the reality of the new home. But above all else, my eyes ran directly towards the large patch of woods that sat not twenty feet from the back porch of the house. I gave a slight smile.Well, at least I have plenty of places to run around. I was ready,too. I was ready to transform, right there.  To fly thorugh the woods, free and strong.

"Aydean? Snap out of it!" Mother snapped, waving her hand in front of my face. "Grab your bags, hurry up now!"

I took another look at the forest and yanked my bags from the backseat of our dark red minivan. I trugged towards the porch and asked for the keys. Once the door was open, I hurried inside to grab a room. I was wishing for one that faced the woods instead of the road and the neighbors. But, the only rooms with windows that faced thhe trees were thebathrooms and the small hallway closet. Th entire floor was hardwood, making it easy to drag my bags across it. I opened a door that lead to a large room with beige walls. The moving truck had arrived awhile before us, so my bed and dresser were already placed in the room. I would have to arrnge them the way I wanted. I pushed the bed against the wall and pushed my dresser in front of the window. All their was to look at was the front yard, large fields with cows and fences, and a very small double-wide trailer- which, I assumed was our neigbor's.

After everything was settled in, Mother and Father came up to see how I had managed. My All Aerican-Rejects posters were all hung in a semi-organized fashion, my clothes had been put away, and I had laid out all my books and game sytems. They nodded in approval-and frowned at the placement of the dresser.

"Aydean, please," Mother begged. "At least try and like this place." She placed her hands on my cheeks."We're going to meet the neigbors next week, maybe they'll have a child."

I sighed. "Alright Mother, I'll give it a try." She smiled and wrapped me in a hug. She said thank-you and left me alone.

Two days later....

I was woken by a soft knock on the door. I groaned and turned my back on the noise. My small alarm clock flased 6:30 Am. I closed my eyes and smacked my pillow, hoping it was just a dream and that I could sleep just a little longer...

knock knock!!

"Aydean, please come here.We have something important to tell you," Mother's voice was urgent and shaky. I could here my father breathing in a confused pattern.

"Please, Aydean. This is very important," Father,s voice was hurried and sad. He was never upset. 

This might actually be worth my valubale time. I thought as I forced my feet out my bedroom door. "Yeah?" I asked my parents-who were both looking at each other in a grim way-as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"Honey, you need to come downstairs," Mother said, placing a hand on my shoulder. Father had to keep one hand on my back to make sure I didn't fall while traveling downstairs.  "Please sweetie, sit down."

I plopped into one of the dining room chairs. "What's going on?" I asked, confused about why I was being summoned at 6:30 in the morning. My mother and father both looked at me with pain filled eyes. 

"Aydean," my mother began. "We recived a call few minutes ago-" she cut herself.

"And?" I asked, becoming more and more unsure of what was going on by the minute.

Mother placed a hand over her mouth and ran a long finger through her hair. "And...it was from back home, In North Dakota."

Wow, that's one helluva long distance call. I hope we're not getting charged for that. I thought, trying to lighten the mood with self-sarcasm.

"It was about...one of your friends...Kriss-" She stopped and looked at Father. "I can't do it anymore!" She balled.

Father wrapped his arms around her as her tears started to stain his red night-robe.

"Father, what happened? Did something happen to him?" I said, starting to feel discomfort biting at my heels. 

"There was...he had....an...accident," Father stuttered. He looked at me with begging eyes, hoping I understood so he wouldn't have to say anymore. I understood some of it, but what I needed to know was...

"Is he okay!?" I demanded, worry begining to build up inside my throat. "He has to be okay!"

My father's eyes suggested otherwise. "I'm sorry, son. We know he was your best friend."

I jumped up with such a haste that it knocked the chair to the floor, leaving a large scratch. "WHATDAYOUMEAN!!!!!!?" I shouted, my words running together like water. "NO!!! THIS CAN'T BE!! YOU'RE LYING!!!!!" I screeched, my voice getting louder and louder. "How did he.....?."

"A car accident. He was driving to town and...he ran off road, into a tree...mmm. His parents called the police when he didn't return." she gripped the edge of her robe.

"YOU'RE LYING!!!" I shouted again, my voice growing louder and louder. I began pacing around the room.

"No Aydean, We're not lying! We would never joke about something like this! And please, keep your voice down, you'll wake the neighbors!" my Father pleaded.

" I DON'T GIVE A S**T!!!" I screeched. A look of shock sprang across their faces. They had always assumed I was their perfect little angel. I didn't sneak out, I didn't cheat, I didn't steal, and I defintely did not Curse. There's a lot you don't know about me! I wanted to scream.

I began kicking the wall, the only way I knew how to express my anger was through phsyical violence. I gave the wall a final kick and a big chunk of plaster and floral wall paper flew across the room, leaving behind a giant hole in the wall.

"AYDEAN!!!!" they both shreiked. "Stop that!"

"Why don't you make me, you old b***h!" I screamed at my mother. "After all, it's all your damn fault! If you hadn't been such a dumbass and just let us stay, he wouldn't be dead!"

At that moment I was slammed to the ground. My father's eyes were glowing with rage. "Don't talk to your mother like that you ungrateful little son-of-b***h!"

"You're right Father, I am the son of a b***h. And I would appreciate it if the b***h would get off the son!" I smirked. I felt something hard and bony colide with my jaw. It continusly brought itself down on my face. I tasted blood-a large amount. But the blows to my head continued.

"James! Stop it! He's bleeding! JAMES!  YOU'RE GOING TO KILL HIM!!!! STOP!!!" 

The blows turned into smacks, and the smacks turned into punches until it had completley stopped. I was half conscoius and half passed out. Somewhere in between there, I managed to lift my hand and flick my Father the bird. A final blow to the head finished me off as I sank into darkness. 



© 2009 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this story. It's very interesting indeed. This particular chapter surprised me though I must say. Talk about sudden violent family! And poor Kriss...I liked him. Anywho I can't wait for more chapters. The way you write is very good if I may add. Well done and keep it up! ^^

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! That was a powerful chapter. I take it
his friend is dead. Sad. I felt like crying,
I felt for the guy. Excellent writing!

Tina



Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

471 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 24, 2009
Last Updated on May 26, 2009


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori