Bound by Forever(8)

Bound by Forever(8)

A Chapter by Tori
"

After making a hasty exit, Criss's supicions about the Brookes has grown. Aydean has suffered through another harsh beating after breaking the rules. But, what is happening to Aydean? Why is he in unstopable pain?

"

The pain and anxiety that pulsed through my body when I was not near her, not holding her, felt like being shot through the heart multiple times. Each second equaled another bullet. But...The minute I saw her smile...the minute I was able to hold her in my arms and run my fingers through her hair...it was like the holes weren't even there. It was is if I had never been shot at all. How did she do that? How?

 

Aydean's POV...

 

I was temporarily confused as far as where I was and what had happen.  I looked around in the black room. My eyes were made for the dark. Being a wolf, I could see in the dark as well as I could in broad day light. My dresser was still postioned in front of my window, blocking out all signs of sunlight. I sat up. I was lying in the doorway to my bathroom. My room had was one of those with a bathroom inside of it. That was one reason they were more than happy to lock me away.  I looked down at all the blood. Only a few drops had dripped onto the carpet. The rest was pooled across the tile floor. I tried to stand. I was one knee-bend away from accomplishing my task when a loud crunch shot up my spine. I feel to the ground and doubled over. The crunching continued down spine and branched throughout my arms and legs. I felt a bone began to poke through the skin in the small of my back it tore through my bloody jeans. My skin wrapped around it. I turned around to look. I now had a silvery white tail. My eyes widened. Why was I transforming. I began counting out the days in my head...It was the last full moon of June. CRAP!  The pain weaved throughout my body, ripping at my clothes.

"AH!" I groaned. I began to gag. The sores I had recived earlier from my parents had already healed. But now, My bones were lengthining and twisting into diffrent shapes. The last full moon of June, which was half way into the year, was the only day of the year I actually had no choice but to transform. My cries of pain slowly evolved into growls and whimmpers as my teeth sharpened and my mouth twisted into a snout. In less than thrity seconds, I had completley transformed into a large wolf. I stared into the large fully body mirror that was hanging in my room. My fur was silver. Not the normal kind that is commonly mistook for grey or white(well, It did look white) it was the metalic kind that glittered like a shiny new car. Black strands of hair streeked throught my fur, making me look more...what's the word? Scary...I guess. I was larger than any normal wolf. Much larger. My eyes had also clouded and were now sterling silver. I broke away from the mirror and ran over to the dresser. I pushed against it, sliding it across the pine light beige carpet. I fideled witht the glass window, trying to slide it open as silently as possible. 

Now, I know what you're thinking...How hard is it to open a stupid window? Am I right? Well, Wiseguy, keep in mind that I no longer have hands! I don't have any thumbs! Just paws! 

Finally, I was able to push back the lock and remove the glass from the frame. I landed atop the roof, proped the glass against the empty window, and ran across to the backside of the house roof-which faced the trees. I glanced over my shoulder. I could see a light coming from behind the neighbors small trailer. I ignored it and turned back to the forest. I hesitated for a moment. Not because I was frightned of being caught. No. I hesitated because of the feelings I knew I would not be able to control. What if the feeling of being free overcame me and I never came back? I could do it! I knew I could. I could runaway, leave behind this life. But... where would I go? AH! North Dakota! The guys would find me a place, I knew they would. Yes! After I good long run, that was exactly what I was going to do. I smiled and jumped from the roof. The moment my paws came in contact with the cool, dirt, I felt like me again.  The smell of earth and wet grass drizzled with the smell of a nearby deer made every atom in my body spark. without any kind of warning, I took of throught he forest. I ran faster...and faster...and faster. The wind whipped across casued tears to stream down my fur. This was a sign that my eyes had forgotten the accleration of wind into my pupils when I ran. Freedom pulsed through my body, not allowing me to turn back. As I became overcome by my feeling of power and independence, I thought I needed to celebrate in a way I was ore familar with. I haulted to a stop and jerked my head backward, ready to send my thrilled scream to the ears of any creature awake.

Criss's POV...

 

I jerked my head forward as a piercing howl filled the air. The sudden movement casued  the marshmallow on the end of my willowbranch to slip off and roll around the ashes of the small fire.

"What was dat?" Tanya screeched, jumping into my lap. Her face was pale.

"It's those damn coyotes!" I groaned, dumping the scaredy-cat onto the dirt covered ground. She began to whine and scrambled into momma's lap.

Dad looked away from his marshmallow-which was now on fire-to listen. It don't sound like no coyote."

"Oh well. Hey hun, your mellow's on fire," Momma said casually, peeling her own marshmallow off the roasting stick.

You think it might be a...a...WEREWOLF!!!" I cried in mock horror. I slid out my blue fold up chair and crouched on the ground. I curled my lip back over my teeth and began advancing on my frightened little sister. I jerked my head back and howled. She screamed an ear-peircing screech.

"Criss, shut up! Don't scare the baby!" Momma demanded.

"Y-yes ma'am!" I said through snickers. Dad and I were both rolling on the ground because we were laughing so hard. This had been the first time we had gotten to use our new cinderblock fire pit dad had made in the back yard for burning stuff and roasting stuff. I stopped laughing long enoguh to glance up at the woods behind the scarecrows house. The howl had come from in the far corner of the woods. It sounded close to the old church we went to every sunday. Right behind the church was an old trailer park that some of the kids from school lived. I wondered if they heard the howl as well.

 

Aydean's POV....

 

My howl was replied to by another one, followed by a scream. what the hell?  I glanced back behind me. Ah, probally a coyote. I began running again. I didn't get too far before I was on an old back road. I looked across the street and saw a small white church. What? This is the end of the forest?  I thoguht in disgust. OH GREAT!!! I get a qaurter of mile of trees, while those dang white trash hicks across the street got a good one hundred acres of land. Well. If I'm gonna make it to North Dakota before sunrise, I better get running. I hurried back to the house to make sure I hadn't been discovered yet...and to grab my suff. I climbed through the window and packed all of my things into a small duffel bag. I was still in wolf form-and was going to be until the first light of dawn-so I had to pack everything using my teeth. I jumped into the front yard and decided to get one last, hateful glance at the forsaken house I was escaping from. My bag was dangling from my jaws as I gazed at every inch of the house with eyes of fire. I wasn't sure why, but the longer I looked, the more skeptical I was about leaving. Soon, as if a satans's demons had grabbed ahold of my legs and were pulling me back into hell, I lowered my ears, whimpered, and went back to my room. I dropped my bag onto the floor and curled up on the carpet and drifted off to sleep.

I awoke to the sun in my face. I yawned, stretched, and stood. It took me aminute to realize to I was human...and naked. I slipped on some clothes and plopped onto my bed. I had chickned out, I couldn't do it. I given up my only chance at escaping until next year. Sure, I could just transform right now and take off running(well actually I couldn't for anopther three days because after a full moon transformation, transformation is immposible for...well, three days.) But I wouldn't make it far before I got tired. And once I was out of energy, I would automaticly transform out of exahustion. I couldn't keep goign from human to wolf until I got to North Dakota. During the full moon, A wolf was pratically invinsible. during a full moon, I coul;d run from Californa to South Carolina and back...twice....without ever having to stop or ever getting tired. The moon fueld a wolf's energy, making it stronger than any other being on earth. It gave it power. Crazy power.  And I had given that up, just to stay another year in hell. I grabbed my cell phone and scrolled through my list of numbers. Seeing the correst number, I hit the call button.

rrrriiinnnggggg....rrriinnnnggggg.....rinnnggg!

"Hello?"

"Hey Scott. It's Aydean. What were you saying last time?"

Silence. I had him. I knew I was about to get my answers!

"Aydean...the truth about Kriss...the truth is..."

 

   



© 2009 Tori


Author's Note

Tori
Okay. I select everyone as an audience in the little thing because there is cursing, but it's nothing bad. Just minor. I promise. Labeling it as mature or teen is too extreme, I believe. So, yeah. JUST IN CASE!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter was good. I like the transformation part and the fact that Aydean had a hard time leaving, which keeps the story's interest going, as does the ending of this chapter.

Tina

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

422 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 16, 2009
Last Updated on June 18, 2009


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori