Bound by Forever (11)

Bound by Forever (11)

A Chapter by Tori
"

Aydean has realized that his parents have been lying to him, the neighbors DO have children. Three, to his knowledge. And Criss is trying to look past her previous heartbreak, but finds it hard.

"

Even though no one knew, not even me, I was in love with him. He kept me from straying away from the light and into the darkness. He helped me realize that there was so much more to life then I had ever known. He was the reason I was alive, and he was the reason I choose to keep living.

 

Criss's POV.......

 

I yawned, but I was determined to finish my book. I stood up and edged out of my room, turning on the least amount of lights as possible. The bathroom light shined across the living room, revealing the face hidden in the shadows. Tristen's face. He was lying on the couch, fast asleep. I gave a half-smile and turned my attention back to my reason for being here. I flipped on the faucet. Water poured from the spicket into my hands. I splashed the cold water onto my face. My skin jumped at the sudden wetness. I shook my head from side to side, trying to get rid of the water. I wiped off the extra drops with the sleeve of my shirt.

 Once I was fully awake and back in my room, I was greeted by the warm, comforting protection of the sheets on my bed. I propped my back against the head board and picked up my book. I skimmed the pages until I was back at where I had left off. I got comfortable and began to read:

 

       There was something about the way he looked at me with his big, brown eyes that just made my heart melt. His laugh was hypnotic. His smile made me feel as If I was invinsible. I felt the tears role down my cheeks as I collapsed into his strong arms. They hesitated for a moment, then pulled me closer to him. I bit my lip and looked up at him. His eyes were glazed over, as if he too, was about to cry. Slowly, he pulled his face closer to mine. Soon, our lips were tangled together in an explosion of passion. Bells rung insdie my head. After we finally pulled away from each other, I had my answer. I was in love with him.

  

I shut the book and stared at the cover. I had been promised a gorey, murder-mystery story. In the end, I was left with a sappy romance. I tossed the book onto the floor and pulled my knees up to my chest. I hugged my legs and blew a strand of hair out of my face. What's so special about them? I thought in disgust. What makes them so deserving of each other? They think that all stories are happy and everyone gets away without a brokenheart? Dumbasses! They don't understand the way life works. No one ever gets a love that great. Heck, some of use are lucky to even find a love that's real at all. They just don't understand!! Of course, I didn't need to be freaking out so much. Whenever a story ended with a bad love connection, I always got pissed because of the fact it didn't end up all happy and stuff. And when it did end up happy and the two lovers got everything that they wanted, I got pissed because of the unrealistic romance in the story. But I was right. That's the way life was. You think everything is going so smooth, but then one of you ends up lying, and everything ends up in brokenhearts and tears. I never liked having such strong reactions to someone else's love life, but I just couldn't help it. Hmph! I guess expirence can open a person's eyes. I thought angrily.

 I turned off the small lamp next to my bed and tried to go to sleep. Unsucessful, I tip-toed back into the living room and out the front door. I walked across the wooden porch and sat on the railing that overlooked our large front yard. After the yard came the road, and then finally the new neighbors house. I glared at the house.Those folks need to go back to where they came from. I don't want 'em here.  I screeched inside my head. They were only making my anger and frustration grow.

"D****t," I cursed as an ant bit into my finger. I couldn't find the suspect, but I knew it was probally dead. I looked back up at the Brooke's house. With a quick jump, I was standing on top of the rail. "GO HOME!!!" I screeched into the  night. I was anwered by the calming chriping of millions of crickets.

"Someone's a little grumpy," a voice mocked.

I turned around and glared at the dark figure sitting in Momma's rocking chair. "What do you want?"

"Why are you out here?" Kodi asked, standing up.

"Cause."

"Couldn't sleep?"

"Very good Sherlock. Now, let's see if you can solve this mystery," I said, flicking him a bird.

"What's really wrong?" he asked, taking a seat next to me. Every ounce of teasing in his voice had vanished.I didn't say anything. He sighed. "It's him, isn't it?"

I bit my bottom lip and stared at the ground. "Yeah," I whispered.

"You still like him?" he asked, even though he already knew the answer.

"More than you can imagine," I muttered, keeping my voice quite and my eyes focused on anything but Kodi. "Everyday just....I don't know. I hate him so much one minute, and I'm crazy about him the next."

"Hey. It's his fault for being so stupid. The dumbass doesn't know what he's missing. One day he'll wake up beside some sluty b***h, and he'll realize that he made a mistake. He'll realize that he let go of the best thing that could ever happen to him. I'm not telling you to stop liking him, I'm just asking for you to not let memories and dreams of him rule your life. He's no better for you than chocolate is for a dog." Kodi always had to finish one of his speeches with something completley random that just happened to make sense.

"Thanks man, you always know what to say," I said, rolling my eyes but meaning every word.

"What's a big brother for?" he grinned, pretending to push me off the porch.

"Apparently, killing his younger sister," I said, gripping tightly to the side of the porch. Kodi and I were extremly close. Actually, we were closer to each other than we were wny other of our firends. We told each other everything...almost. But any problems we had, we always came to each other for advice. Our minds were like a piece of paper that had been torn in half: seperate, their worthless. But together, they tell a story.

"Now," he began, cracking his knuckles. "About Tristen..."

I tensed up. "What about him?"

"Don't act dumb!" Kodi cooed, elbowing me in the ribs.

I sighed and placed a hand on his shoulder. I gave him the most serious face-and voice-I could mangage. "Kodi, my dear, dear, brother. If you have never trusted me, trust me now....I'm not acting."

We both burst into a series of howls and chuckles. Our laughter rang out across the yard.

"No, but really. I know. I know you like him." Kodi was no longer laughing. But of course, he still had his normally goofy grin painted on his face.

I began to panic. "Um...what makes you think that?"

He rolled his eyes. "Oh please. Your face turns redder than a baboon's a*s when you're around him."

I couldn't help but laugh. I knew I couldn't deny it. "Yeah. He ain't bad looking." 

"I knew it!" he grinned, triumph ringing through his voice. "I promise I won't tell him...or you."

I was now confused. "Huh? Tell me what?"

He bit back smile and looked away, shrugging his shoulders. "Ohhhhhh. Nooootttthhhhiiinnngggg!!"

"You b*****d!" I said, punching him in the arm.

"Ow, that hurt!" he complained.

"It wasn't supposed to feel good!" I snapped.

"Well, I'm going to bed! Good night!" he siad, getting up and heading towards the door. Before closing the door, he peeked around at me and said," Ask Tristen."

I sighed and looked up at the moon. "Ask him what?"

 

Aydean's POV.....

 

 "There she is!" I exclaimed, watching the girl emerge from the small double wide. She had her pulled back in a pony tail, which was hidden underneath the ragged old hat she was wearing the previous week. She was also wearing the same T-shirt and jeans look. Her feet were bare, but she comtinued to dart across the large, wide-open yard. I had been watching her and her brothers for the past week or si since I had seen them first. They all seemed to be having fun riding four-wheelers, running around outside, and wrestling about in the yard. I figured that since I couldn't ever have fun again, I might as well watch others have it for me.

 Of course, I wasn't sure why, but I had kept a closer eye on the stunt girl. I couldn't get a good look at her face, so I knew it wasn't because I thoguht she was good looking or anything. But there was still something about her that made me curious. I watched her look around for a second, then continue acorss the yard until she came to the road. She slinked into a patch of tall grass and weeds that was only five or six feet away from the road. The grass consumed her, making her no longer visible. Something starnge happened that moment. I wasn't sure why, but I became both worried and irritated about this. What if she get's bitten by a snake or something? No one would be able to help her. I didn't know why I cared. I mean, after all, she was just some girl who's name I didn't know and didn't plan to learn.

 So, without thinking, I slid open the window to my room and made my way down to the road. Mother and Father were at work. Father was a Security guard at the bank and Mother was a Elementary school teacher. I inched closer to the bottom of the hill until I was in the tall grass just across the road from her. If I had to guess, I would say I was a good eight or ten feet from her. I had managed to silently conceal myself in the grass without being seen. I peeked through the stalks in time to see her poke her head from the bushes and look down the road. She smirked and dissapered back into the grass. I followed her stare and was confused. A bicycler was peddling down the road on a bright red bike. Stunt girl, what are you doing? I was about to find out.

 All was quite except for the sound of the biker's breathing. It seemed that the birds had even silenced their songs to find out what this girl was up to. The guy was only inches away from where the girl was hidden when a loud, ear-splitting screech filled the air. The sound was follwed by a loud shout, "F****T!!!"

The man, who obviously hadn't seen that coming, lost control of the bike and ended up flipping over into the small ditch beside the road. He jumped to his feet and looked around in a frantic matter. I assumed the guy wasn't to bright considering he was more scared than he was angry. He hopped on the bike and peedled as fast as his scrawny stick legs could go. After he was out of sight, laughter folded into the air. I peeked thrugh the stalks of grass one more time. She was lying in the middle of the road-with an airhorn in one hand-laughing hysterically. She was clutchinf her side with her free hand as her laughs rang out through the air. The birds joined in by singing a series of upbeat songs. I bit my lip. I felt a tickle in my throat. Aydean, don't do it! God, for the sake of your life, don't do it! As much as I tried to convince myself not to do it, I couldn't hold it back any longer. I compleltey let go of every ounce of will power in me and let it go. 

 

Criss's POV......

 

Laughter had filled the air around me. Only, the scary thing about was that it was no longer my laughter. My cheers of joy had been joined my someone else. I hushed and stood up. The laughter was going from the tall grass just across the street from me. I slwoly inched my hand into my pocket, reaching for my  pocket knife. I pressed the button and pulled the blade out. I kept it tightly gripped in my right hand as I inched across the road towards the bushes. The grass was shaking as the laugter slowly died. I kept my eyes fixed on the spot where I was going to lunge and dig the knife into who or whatever had also found my joke so ammusing. Suddenly, I became aware of the sound of a rumbling eingene. I stepped out of the road long enough to let a big blue pick-up truck pass by. I waved at the old man in the passenger seat and continued across the road.

"Who's there?" I called. The laughter had stopped, but I knew the person was still there. "Do I have to call the cops? I have a weapon. Don't think I won't slit your throat." I waited. Silence. "Alright, you give me no choice." I began advancing on the tall patch of weeds and flipped open my phone. I pretended to be talking to a dispatcher.

"Alright!" a voice called from the grass. A boy popped out of the grass. He held his hands in the air. "Please, just don't call the cops!" His face showed pure geniune terror. I tried not laugh.This dumbass actually thinks I'm callin the cops.

"Never mind, false alarm," I said to the imaginary person on the other end of the line. The boys face was now more relaxed, but was still expressing fear. "Alright then," I said, slipping my phone into my pocket. "What the hell are you doing? Who are you?"

He just stared at me with his big green eyes. I Stared back, waiting for his answer. He brushed his chocolate brown hair out of his eyes. It wasn't long, but it wasn't short either. His complexion was tan, like mine.  He was wearing an All-American Rejects shirt and a pair of jeans with rips and tears in the knees. Finally, he managed to choke out the words, "Um...I'm, a...I mean I was...a. I um...I was just napping in the weeds and the airhorn woke me up, and um...yeah. I thought it was funny to wake up to some guy in skin tight clothing fall into a ditch. So um. " He seemed to be in shock, as if he couldn't believe this was happening. He had the weridest accent. It was crazy proper and sort of northern. 

"What were you doing in those peoples yard?" I asked, my curiosity slowly growing. 

"Well. Um...I'm not really sure," he stuttered, eyeing my knife. I smirked.

"Aww, don't worry about this. I ain't gonna kill ya...not yet anyway." I took a step clsoer to him, challenging him with me knife. His eyes grew wide. I lowered the knife for a minute, feeling awful for scaring him. What's wrong with you, Criss? Any other time you would have found this hilarious. I unwillingly snapped my knife shut. Growling in frustration, I put it into my pocket. "D****t!" 

He looked at me."What's wrong?" His fear had been replaced by concern. For what? For me? This b*****d didn't even know me. What the hell was wrong with him?

 

Aydean's POV....

 

I had been caught. I knew this wasn't going to end well. At first I was scarred that my parents would show up early and literally kill me. Now I was scarred that I had said or done something to offend this girl. Again, I wasn't sure why I cared, or even why I was here. All I knew that I was and I did.  Now that I was closer to her, and able to take a good look at her, I realized that she sctually was good lookin. She stood in a position that was both fierce and uncomfortable.

"What's wrong?" I asked again.

She glared at me. "Why the hell do you care?" She demanded, clenching her fist. I smiled. She was very feisty. "What the hell are you smiling about?"

"Well, you have a very clean mouth!" I said sarcastically. "Are you saint? Perhaps a Nunn?" This only made her angirer.

"If I was I would send you straight to hell!" she hissed.

"We'll, I'll see you there!" I grinned. She smiled.

"You are such a b*****d. But, you do have a qaulity that I admire...sarcasm. Oh, and you're excellent at pissing people off."

"Why thank you, I have been working at it for years," I grinned. She snickered. "Wow.." I muttered.

"Wow what?" she demanded. She stopped laughing.

I felt panic swipe through me. Again. "Um..nevermind."

She kept her eyes on me. Her big, hazel eyes. I sighed. I reached my hand forward, trying to brush a strand of hair out of her face. I had seen these done in plenty of movies, and had always wanted to try it. But before I could bring my hand past my chest, a song burst through the air. It went like this: There are...three wooden crosses on the right side of the highway, why there's not four of them, heavan only knows!" 

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a phone. She looked at for a minute then flipped it open and began talking.

"No...Yeah, at the house... When ya'll getting back? Alright...no."

She had such a strange accent. She sounded just like the girls in old western movies. Only, it was more southern. I chuckled. She looked up at me pressed her finger against her lips. I watched in awe at the way they moved whenever she talked. She caught me staring and flipped me the bird. This only made me laugh harder.

Her eyes widned at something the person on the other line said. "Um...no. You...you didn't hear anything!"

Thanks to my superior hearing, I was able to hear what the person on the other side of the phone was saying. "Is there a dude there?" a male voice asked. "Who's laughing? Is there someone in the house?"

She bit her lip and looked at me for help. We were both in trobule.

 

Criss's POV...

 

The dumbass boy had continued to talk after I told him to shut up. Now, I would have to explain to Kodi why I was at the road talkin to some strange boy who was sleepin in the weeds. I looked up at him, hoping he could help think of an excuse. He just shrugged his shoulders. Then it hit me.

"Umm, naw. That was just the T.V. I'm watchin some stupid show. I was just about to head outside!" I lied.

"Well, alright. Me and Tristen went to town to get the grocceries for Momma. We just left the store, so we'll be back in at least ten minutes."

"Alrighty then. See ya then."

"Alrighty. Love ya."

"Love ya," I said, hanging up the phone and sliding it back into my pocket. I looked over at the guy and sighed. "Safe!"

He just nodded. He was lookin very serious. "What's wrong with y-" I didn't have time to finish. I was tackled in mid-sentence. I smacked against the pavement and rolled into the bushes, the boy right on top of me. He tumbled over and rolled down the small hill and ran into the bobwire fence that was at the bottom. On the other side of the fence was Johny Paul's cow pasture. It was the border between our property and his. When he stood up, I could see the bloody scratches on his arms. Of course, I wasn't worried about him at all. At that moment, another car passed by. "What the hell was that for?"

He looked at me, confused. "A thank you would be nice!"

I was furious. "Thank you? For what? For tackling me?"

"NO! For saving your sorry-a*s life!" he shouted. After saying it, however, he bit his lip and started to apologize. I, on the other hand, was still far from sorry. I was ready to kill him. At the same time, I began feeling very insecure. I wished more than anything that I had my jacket so I could zip myself up into it's protection. I wanted to hide away from everything. From this world, from this life, from this boy! "Did you not see that car coming? You could've been killed?"

"Why do you even care!? Why are you here? Why are you so damn concerned about me!?" I shouted.

He was taken off guard. He stood there for a minute and stared at me with his mouth agape. Finally, he looked away and stared at the ground. "I don't know." he murmured. "I'm sorry."

At that moment, I felt terrible. He had saved my life, even though he didn't even know me, and I had treated him like a dog. "Please, don't apologize. I'm the one who should be sorry." I looked up at him and smiled. "Thanks for saving me." He seemed to accept my apology. At that moment, an old rusty pick-up truck pulled into the driveway. I lloked over the boy-who had seen the truck and was slowly edging in the opposite direction.

"Don't worry," I assured. "That's just my brother and his friend. We live over there. Where do you live?"

He kept his eyes fixed on the truck. "Um..I- um...I got to go." He began backing up quickly. I was confused.

"Um...okay. Uh...I didn't catch your name," I called.

"Uh...It's Aydean!" he replied quickly.

Whoa slick, what's the rush?I thought. "Aydean..."I whispered, savoring the way his name sounded on my tounge. Before he vanished, I called out to him. "Um, My name's Criss!"

He stopped dead in his tracks. He wasn't moving. Well, other than his trembling knees. What had I done?

 

Aydean's POV...

 

Had I heard her correctly? I had to. My hearing was beyond that of any human. Even among the pack, I had the best hearing. This girl's name was...UHG! I couldn't repeat it. The pain inside my chest spread throughout me, completley paralyzing me. If my joints hadn't been locked solid as a rock, I knew I would have collapsed right there.

"Are you alright?" she called. She was worried about me. If she would have said that five seconds ago, I would have smiled with delight. But now, it only made the fear grow. I couldn't speak. Soon, the realaztion that I could get caught sunk in and gave me enough strength to run away the first chance I got. She turned around for a moment to say something to the guys in the truck, giving me the chance I needed to escape. I dug my heels into the ground and took off towars the house. I had to cut through the forest  so I wouldn't be seen climbing back into my room. I was having trobule shutting the window. I looked down at her just in time to see her stare up at me. At that moment, the window snapped shut. Her eyes widned. She had seen my close the window, but I was positive that she hadn't seen me. She had no clue I was here.

 I slid against the wall and crumbled to the floor. The girl I had just tried to make a move on ended up having the most painful name possible. Memories of Kriss flashed through my mind. We had been best friends before either of us even knew we were werewolves. I knew I was going to have run that night to get my mind off her. I peeked over the corner of the window sill one last. Her eyes were still locked on my window, but she was now dow down at her house, helping the two boys I had seen earlier tote in plastic bags full of unknown items. Finally she turned away and went inside, but not before casting me one more suspicous glance. 

 

 



© 2009 Tori


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A really good chapter! Enjoyed it very much!

Tina

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 22, 2009
Last Updated on July 1, 2009


Author

Tori
Tori

A little town where the dead come out to play, GA



About
Don't click here! Alright, Hello Everybody! Um I love to read, write, and draw and I hope to become a artist or graphic designer. I also Hope to become and Author and open my own Tattoo Parlor one.. more..

Writing
Mary Jane Mary Jane

A Poem by Tori