The Bears

The Bears

A Story by HIwrite101
"

Exciting and fun short-stroy collection for children and for all people to enjoy. A tale of baby Bear and mommy bear, in their humble home: a beautiful wilderness setting; with nice friends and cool adventures.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Bears

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1

 

“My fat bear, wake up!” “Mumom, mama, mum, muma.” “Come eat your honey comb.”  “Okay.” 

Mama bear just returned home from the woods collecting honey combs for breakfast.  She loved her son: for he was a perfect bear: and loved her with his heart.  “Mumom, are we going to the market?” “Uhhum, mama coming back.” “ohhh.”   “I gotta pick up my worms for fishing!” 

 

Papa Bear had passed away a few years ago.  It was just Mama bear and Baby Bear left.  They lived within a beautiful den.  A wide spaced cavern, at the edge of the forest, right along the old trail pathway. 

 

“Come on Baby bear, let's go to the market.”  “okay, I'm getting my hat and my sweater, huh.”

 

“Do you have any worms today?” “We do!” “okay, here's my stamps!”  “here are your worms.”

Baby bear was a remarkable fisher, he could stay at the Forest pond all day and all night, until his mother would pick him up to go back into the den.  He would catch a nice amount of fish for dinner or breakfast, the following day.

 

“Hey Mr. Bear, did you catch anything today?” “Only couple small ones, my friend.”  “Ohhh, can I see.” “Yeah, Mrs. Bear has them next to the wooden posts fence.” “Wow, nice ones.”  “Do you have an extra porridge cup? I just want one for myself.”  “I left mine at home, when we have more, I'll bring you some.  How's about a piece of my honey comb?” “ohhh okay.” “hooo, I've got some amazing porridge, at home.”  “ohh good, if you can, just bring me one, for myself.” “ohhh, okay, maybe we can eat em, together.”

 

Baby bear wrapped the earth worm around his magical fishing line and flung the worm across the pond.  Not a few moments after, splash!!! A strike, there was a fish at the end of the line.  Slowly and carefully Baby bear pulled the fish into the shoreline bank of the pond.  With one hand on his pole Baby bear pulled up the fish from the water and with the hand scooped the fish into his net.  “Yeahhh” (Mama Bear is going to love this fish!)

 

Baby bear took a short break to rest and catch his breath.  Right before he opened a piece of his honey comb to put into his mouth Mama Bear showed up from the old trail.  “My Baby bear, what are you eating?”  Baby bear looked a bit guilty.  “Honey comb Mama, you want a piece?” “Mama brought apples and pears fatso.”  “Good Mama, thank you.”  “Did you still want to fish longer?” “Yeah, almost finish, almost pau Mama.”

 

Shortly after, they decided to leave before dark: the trail was still luminescing; from the days hot sunlight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2

 

Baby bear was having a scary dream.  The woods, where he was at, seemed a bit darker then usual.  He called out for his Mama but she was nowhere to be found.  “Mama, mmum, mom mom!”  Then suddenly Baby Bear noticed the earth beneath him was sinking.  “Mom mom!”  Finally he had awakened.  Mama Bear was still sound asleep, she was not moving.  Baby Bear cried out in the middle of the night Mama!” Mama Bear suddenly opened her eyes and said, “did you have a bad dream?” “uhum” “well, don’t worry, you want something to eat?” “nooo” “Goodnight Mama.”

 

Poor little Baby Bear was quite finicky the next morning.  He didn’t want to eat the fish he had caught the day before at the pond.  He just lied down in his humble bedding with his eyes opened; he was fearful of losing his mother.  He thought of the memories he could still remember with his father, Papa Bear.

 

(“Papa, papa, umpapa?” “Can you take me down to the beach?” “It’s late at night fatso, what if you fall asleep on the way, Papa is going to have to carry you back home.”  “Papa, papa bear, can we still go?”  “Okay, get your things ready, then let’s take the old trail to the beach.”  The old trail extended past the village market, then curved around the woods, split around the pond before stretching long ways down past the prairie meadowlands before approaching the beach.  Baby bear tried his best to stay awake but had fallen asleep that night as he and his father entered into the meadowlands, he almost made it to the beach this time.  Papa Bear placed their flashlights into the bag and met up with his friends aside the meadowlands for honey combs and guava nectar.)

 

Baby bear had recently lost his father of a natural illness and he was so frightened of losing his mother.

 

Mama bear just came back home from the village that day and noticed that Baby Bear had not moved from his bed. 

“Baby bear, mama brought food for you, come grab the things from Mama’s pouch.”  Baby bear jumped out of his bed excited and ran to his mother and gave her a big hug, “I love you mama!” Mama bear’s eyes filled up with tears and excitement!  “Mama Bear love you more!”  “huuhh, Mama, scratch my back please!” “Go take the food inside the den, then Mama can scratch your back.”

 

Mama Bear scratched Baby Bear’s back, they prepared dinner; some yams and breadfruit, then the two fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3

 

Baby bear woke up early one morning and made breakfast; a nice assortment of honey yams, apples, and breadfruit.  He finished preparing the meal then ran as fast as he could to where Mama Bear’s bedding was jumped onto the stool next to her bed and did his favorite dance, waving his arms into the air and swaying his hips left to right.  “Mumom, muma, mom-mom-mom-mom-mom!”  Mama Bear opened up her eyes and smiled, “good morning!” “good morning Mama, I made breakfast!” Baby bear left the food on top of her table next to her bed then ran off into the forested cover outside of their den.

Baby bear tried to sing the words to his favorite melody, the words that he could remember:

so, help me if I, ohh if I just can’t explain it, huhh…”

“…help me if I, ohh if I just can’t explain it

He sang the same song for the rest of the day, before coming back home for supper.  Baby bear loved walking through the woods, breathing in the fresh air, and taking in all of the sunlight that the good day could afford.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 HIwrite101


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm really into the two-dimensional appeal within the setting frame: the wilderness trail to the house setting and beyond; because it provides such a simplistic yet comforting atmosphere, for the story.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 3, 2013
Last Updated on March 3, 2013

Author

HIwrite101
HIwrite101

HI, United States Minor Outlying Islands



Writing
The Summer Breeze The Summer Breeze

A Stage Play by HIwrite101