Small black box.

Small black box.

A Story by Anya
"

Imagine that you�re in a small box. You�re trapped.

"

Imagine that you’re in a small box. You’re trapped. You can’t see or feel the walls pressing in around you but you know that they are there. Every breath you take, you can feel the air rushing through your lungs. Every move that you make you can feel your body working to make it. I’m not imagining this. It’s really happening.

I don’t know how I got like this. I have an idea… I’ve told the doctors but they think it’s nothing. It was about 2AM and (unsurprisingly) I was asleep. I just remember, falling, onto my carpet, out of bed, then getting back up and going to sleep right away. In the morning I couldn’t see, simple as… if only... Whoever said “School days are the best days of your life” was either a liar or drunk. Or maybe they were telling the truth. Maybe it get’s worse from here on. Being a teenager isn’t easy as it is. I, not only have to cope with my education, GCSE’s and puberty. I have to do it all without sight, with nothing to help me. I have to rely on everything else in this world to get me through life. I would give nearly anything to get my eyes back. I can barely remember what I look like. Dark, wavy brown hair and a pair of green eyes is just about it. But I don’t even feel like they belong to me. It’s like remembering a film that you saw years and years ago, or maybe a book that you read the review of but can’t remember what it’s called.

My friends have all drifted away from me. I have to stay at home now… it’s “safer” apparently. I can’t talk about boys or clothes or make up. I’m left by myself in a world full of adults who are always fussing. Fussing about my life, taking control of my life, living my life for me!!! I hate it. I slipped into deep depression and would have stayed there if it wasn’t for Sunny. Sunny is my dog. I’m told he’s a gorgeous chocolate black Labrador. He’s a dog for the blind. But he’s much more then that. Sometimes, it feels like Sunny is my only friend. I mean, how sad is that?!! A dog, my only friend… When I’m curled up under the covers of my bed, my head buried in my pillow I start to think about my old life. Then the memories won’t stop and I’m crying. But I don’t want anyone to hear. They would just fuss…. More fuss…Sunny hears me though and comes up the stairs, even though he’s not supposed to. He jumps up on my bed and creeps under the covers with me. He nudges up to me and rests his head on my chest. I wrap my arms around him and fall asleep crying silent tears. My dog is my only friend… How. Sad. Is. That.

© 2009 Anya


Author's Note

Anya
I'm only 13 and my grammar isn't great, thank you for taking the time to read :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm 13, too, it's OK.
Nice contest submission! Nobody else seems to get the prompt...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well written. I hope that this isn't based on anything you've had to contend with :)

Your mechanics are weak, but for a thirteen year old in this culture, they aren't that bad.

Just remember; these are the years of your life where you have little responsibility besides going to school and doing well. These are the times when you develop lasting friendships, and not so lasting ones. When you develop crushes, and get crushed on. When you break hearts, and someone breaks yours.
It may seem like a lot right now, and it might seem stressful and tough, and you may think that no one understands, but one day, you'll look back and miss those days.

Again, well written. Just study up on your grammar a bit more and you'll be writing even better than you can imagine! You'll never believe how much an understanding of grammar can boost your writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2009

Author

Anya
Anya

The UK



About
Well.... My name's Anya... that's a start. I love spiders, heights and physics.... yeeeeeah, I don't really! I can't stand spiders or heights or..... I have a distinct passion against physics (don'.. more..

Writing
Andrew Andrew

A Story by Anya


Forever Never Forever Never

A Story by Anya