Greener Grass

Greener Grass

A Story by Anya
"

For a contest - http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/8095/ Have a go! :)

"

There comes a time in life where a decision has to be made. You may not want to. It may break your heart. It may rip you limb from limb but in the end, or so you are told, it will be for the greater good.

 

I snorted; the greater good indeed. I had been told by my Mother, many, many years ago, when I was just a child;

 

“If you love something, let it go, if it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't it never was.”

 

I had lived my life with a kind of religious passion, using this quote to judge right from wrong, good from evil, yes from no. But now… now I wasn’t so sure. I had something so perfect, so heart throbbing and wonderful that I wasn’t sure… wasn’t sure for the first time in my whole life that I could use this quote to get me to the greener grass when my grass was perfectly green on this side.

 

 I was standing in the departure lounge at Heathrow, London’s international airport and I had no idea what to do. I ran over the quote again and again in my head even though I could say it backwards.

 

“Let it go” I whispered to myself “Let it go”

 

 I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, letting the world revolve around me, letting it wash over my body. I took myself back to that first day, the very first day. How we had laughed! I relived every moment, every waking moment up until this day. I let my heart take me on this journey through time, through the memories; good and bad. Its beats were quickening and I was breathing hard. I wandered around the corridors of my mind. Dipping in and out of rooms and racing down the stairs to try and find an answer.

 

I had sworn to myself to let this quote rule my life. Not my heart, not my mind, not my soul but this quote; words that had served me so loyally through life. I was questioning my belief, my belief of love, of passion and hope.

 

I had never been wrong before… Was a beautiful flower worth pressing if it can be preserved in memory? My flight was being called, the voice echoing around my buzzing head.

 

“It comes back” I whispered again “it will be mine”

 

I took a deep breath and picked up my case. Trust is a two way thing in most cases… but here, for me right now at this moment and all the moments to follow… trust was the difference between simply being alive or living my life as it was meant to be.

© 2009 Anya


Author's Note

Anya
I loved writing this one. It is a very beautiful quote indeed. Thank you for your time, im 14 :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

O_O
14? Wow. For your age, that was brilliant! I dont think i could have written something so insightful if i was 14. I think your piece was very heartfelt. Very true in a way. I loved the way you said trust was the difference between simply being alive or living my life as it was meant to be.' you ended this short musing wonderfully. =]

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
1 Review
Added on July 17, 2009
Last Updated on July 17, 2009

Author

Anya
Anya

The UK



About
Well.... My name's Anya... that's a start. I love spiders, heights and physics.... yeeeeeah, I don't really! I can't stand spiders or heights or..... I have a distinct passion against physics (don'.. more..

Writing
Andrew Andrew

A Story by Anya


Forever Never Forever Never

A Story by Anya