Never was my Forever

Never was my Forever

A Story by Blossom

I didn't see him often


And I guess it was to be expected


After all, when you're not approved to be his girlfriend, how can you be expected to be his friend?


But in my heart, the one that was once whole wished that it could have been. But there's no point in asking the impossible is there?


I remembered the day,

It's etched so vividly in my mind, that no matter how hard I try to forget, it keeps coming back, over and over again. Driving me crazy, pushing me deeper into the depression, I was trying to avoid.


I suppose I always knew that it wouldn't work out between us; but I tried hard. I tried till I couldn't try anymore, but it didn't pay off. Whoever said "if you don't succeed the first time, try, try again" was wrong on so many levels. They hated me even more, to them I wasn't fit to be in his life, and the one that still hurts when I think about it was that I wasn't fit to deserve his love and I guess along the way, he must have realized it too.


"What's wrong?" seemed to be the thing I always asked him. I worried about him. I cared about him. Yet he never realized it. He in no way gave me an answer. The love I was once showered with disappeared little by little until it wasn't even there. I refused to believe. For I, had the love for both of us.


When he proposed to another at a party, it was then it became reality. I was with him, right there and then. Everybody was there, every high-ranking family in Japan. To them I was the entertainment. The face of my humiliation, my anger and most of all, the tears I promised never to shed in the sight of others. Every promise I made that day shattered into tiny little pieces. Every promise I swore I would keep my word flew with the wind.

"I promise you, when the time comes, I'll never give you up"


"I promise you, I'm going to be your only one"


But in the end, I made to many promises. My happiness that only lasted a little while was back where it belonged, A little room deep in my heart.


Today, looking out the bedroom, I remembered a saying mother used to tell me almost everyday.

"When you truly love someone, you'll think of their happiness before yours" and I guess the limited times I saw him, he looked like he was truly happy.

"You should be proud, Mother" I whisper to the sky. "I left without a fight.

"

The chapter of my life has ended; I left without saying good bye.

But please remember, I kept true to one promise


"I promise you, I'll love you till forever dies"


But in truth, forever's a long time isn't it?

. Kami-sama's always so cruel, he likes to see us suffer and I guess my suffering adds up for those that aren't.

© 2010 Blossom


Author's Note

Blossom
Hope you guys liked it. its short and this means a lot to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

................... Not surprised!!! :P

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aww saad! I love the imagery of this one :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 24, 2010
Last Updated on August 24, 2010

Author

Blossom
Blossom

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada



About
Love to read and write enjoy almost everything love chocolate mostly write dark poetry but really I'm a really outgoing and hyper child. Weird... I know! Lets101 Quizzes - Online Quizzes Le.. more..

Writing