Untouchability-The Big Demon Of India

Untouchability-The Big Demon Of India

A Story by Yash basan

   India is the one of the best democratic country in the world. But, still India is facing the untouchability. Untouchability was born about 400 AD, due to the struggle of supremacy between Buddhism and Brahmanism. The term is commonly associated with the treatment of backward classes of the society. Backward classes of the society also called “Dalit”.


   In ancient India, caste system was order of the day. Dalits faced so many problems in name of untouchability in hands of the high caste of the society. Prohibition from eating with other members, Provisions of separate cups in village tea stalls and etc., Separate seating arrangements and utensils in restaurants, Segregation in seating and food arrangements in village functions and festivals, Prohibition from wearing sandals or holding umbrellas in front of higher caste members, Prohibition from entering other caste homes, Prohibition from using common village path, Separate burial grounds, No access to village’s common/public properties and resources (wells, ponds, temples, etc.), Segregation (separate seating area) of children in schools, Bonded labor, Social boycotts by other castes for refusing to perform their “duties”.  At that time man was ruled by religion. However, the Hinduism have no clear position about untouchability. The Bhagavad Gita never taught that an untouchable was in any way inferior to a Brahman. But still in many states of India like Gujarat. Untouchability are still practicing. Modernization and civilization has changed the India but not minds of people. We changed the style of clothes, style of hair and everything. But there are many backward classes which are struggle for equality. There is no change in the minds of people. Untouchability is also increasing gender discrimination, caste discrimination. People are not understanding that RELIGION IS FOR MAN NOT MAN IS FOR RELIGION. Dalits people are treated like as they are not children of gods.  Life of dalit people are full of sacrifice and sacrifice. Mostly Educated peoples like teachers, engineers, doctors, professors, collectors are not seeing with equality. It’s like god shamed because of untouchability.


   Gandhi called dalits as Harijans as men of God and felt that all the religions of the world consider God pre-eminently as the Friend of the Friendless, Help of the Helpless, and Protector of the Weak. He questioned that in India who could be mare friendless, helpless, or weaker than the 40 million or more Hindus of India who were classified as “untouchables.” Therefore, if there were people who could be fitly described as men of God, they were surely these helpless, friendless, and despised people.


   According to Ambedkar, Hinduism was once a missionary religion but it ceased to be so with the advent of caste system among the Hindus. Caste is inconsistent with conversion. Hindu society is a collection of castes and each caste a close corporation which has no place for a conversion. Indian tribes are backward solely because of reluctance on part of the caste-Hindus to adopt them.


Untouchability is the not only demon of India. But, also demon of south Africa, japan, Spain, France, Korea, Europe, Nigeria.


   The 1950 national constitution of India legally abolished the practice of untouchability and provided measures for positive discrimination in both educational institutions and public services for Dalits and other social groups who lie within the caste system. These are supplemented by official bodies such as the National Commission for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. But, some b*****d peoples are still practicing untouchability. They never see the any human with the equality. Politicians is also playing with our minds in the name of religion.


   Government of India is doing nothing for India. Life of dalits becoming like hell. Untouchability is became social dieases. But, there are so many NGOS which giving the support to the dalts by providing the education, job, and basic needs. In recent times, there have been some radical reforms in the social sector of India. The famous Vithoba Temple, Pandharpur became the first temple in India to allow priests from backward classes. Peoples are changing the minds. 

 

   I am not still happy I want to see my India without any social disease. We want to change our minds. And I damn sure one day India became free from untouchability. And one day all people are seeing with the equality.


  “RELIGION IS FOR MAN NOT MAN IS FOR RELIGION”


                                 The End.

 

 

 

 

 

© 2015 Yash basan


Author's Note

Yash basan
PLS IGNORE GRAMMAR PROBLEMS.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A chimeric work. Being an indian , I was able to aprehend it easily.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yash basan

8 Years Ago

thank you so much
Keyur Rohit

7 Years Ago

Mr. Yashraj....A Shadowy work. I Prendered it very easily....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Added on November 14, 2015
Last Updated on November 14, 2015