She had those eyes..

She had those eyes..

A Story by Yasmeena El Sabeh
"

She had those eyes..that you would write stories about.

"

There was a story in her eyes - not the one you read in books, but rather the one you see when a tornado kidnaps your house and steals your soul away. She had those eyes, fathers tell their sons about - the ones that turn the chaos of your lungs into beautiful novels that the wind secretly whispers to the ocean, while its waves dance with passion. 


You see man, she had those eyes - the ones with shades who play instruments you never knew existed - those eyes who write a dictionary of their own - the ones that make the stars look like shadows. No, you could not see the world in her eyes. Man, in her eyes, you discover a whole new universe. 


Her pupils were windows, and through them, I was able to observe myself. You see, I never knew I was able to hit craziness, until I met them - yes, them - her eyes. They made me feel ignorant, as if I have been illiterate, during all this time, because I haven't read the lines between her tears.


Gosh, I thought I was a good player, but it seems like I'm going to lose this game. I mean, you cannot look into her eyes and not fall for them. They inhale desire and exhale pride, and man let me ask you something, what's more beautiful than a woman who has a big heart and a bigger ego? 


Her eyes play with fire, and believe it or not, they can burn mountains of snow. I mean, their beauty is evil, their beauty is dangerous, but oh, lovely, so lovely. There were cages in her eyes that captured the seconds between my heartbeats and ripped my mind, and I wish, oh how I wish she knew that the demons behind her hazel shades were the most angelic painting.


The eruption of the volcanos hanging on her lashes was peaceful - so peaceful, that I would hear its silence better than the voice inside my head - that voice that tells me "go get her."


Maybe, maybe one day our eye contacts will be more than just moments. When I get her, when I convince her to smile at me the way her eyes do, this is when I will let her know that at the end, good things come to good people. 

© 2014 Yasmeena El Sabeh


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

847 Views
Added on November 4, 2014
Last Updated on November 5, 2014
Tags: love, hate, lovers, couple, romance, romantic, poem, poetry, story, fiction, creative

Author

Yasmeena El Sabeh
Yasmeena El Sabeh

Beirut, Koreytem, Lebanon



About
Lebanese 19 years old Oxford summer school student (2011) Cambridge summer school student (2012) College Protestant Français graduate (2013) Double majoring in Journalism and Political Sci.. more..

Writing