The liberal case for life.

The liberal case for life.

A Story by YeshuaRedeemed
"

In this post, I will prove that liberals can be prolife.

"
1. People have rights, even when they are bothersome to others. 2. The right to life is the most basic right we have. 3. Care can be taken to prevent conception, so abortion is rarely needed. 4. Life begins when we form our genetic code. 5. We have the same genetic code at conception as we do at birth. 6. Job 3:3 refers to Job as a child from the very moment of conception. 6. Abortion is the worst form of age discrimination. 7. Abortion is the worst form of child abuse. 8. The child has his or her own genetic code that is separate from that of the father and mother. 9. Prevention is the solution, not killing a child. 10. True prolifers can and do make an exception for the life of the mother, or if the child will die anyone. Our only objection is to killing the child for other reasons. 11. Abortion is antichoice because it violates the child's right to choose. 12. If someone does not want a baby, they need to use contraception. 13. Saying that liberals cannot be prolife is a false dichotomy with a side of the no true Scotsman fallacy. 14. Liberals affirm the right to a quality life for every living creature, be they born or unborn, human or otherwise. 14. Liberals affirm contraceptive rights. 15. People have the right to choose what to do with their bodies, but they do not have the right to choose what to do with someone else's body. 16. The idea of life at birth or some other time is a religious idead that should not dictate the law. 17. Prochoicers use mostly religious arguments, whill prolifers use scientific arguments. !8. You do not have to be religious or spiritual to be prolife. I am prolife due to science, not religion. When I was prochoice or proabortion, I used mostly reliqious arguments. Now that I am prolife, I use mostly scientific arguments. 19. No matter where someone is on the political scale, they can be prolife. I think anarchists are the only group that cannot be prolife, including minarchists, centrists, liberals, and conservatives. 20. I should also specify that I am not saying that prolifers never use religion, I am saying that for me personally, I used mostly religious arguments when I was prochoice, and now I use more scientific arguments now that I am prolife.

© 2015 YeshuaRedeemed


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

504 Views
Added on May 17, 2015
Last Updated on October 20, 2015

Author

YeshuaRedeemed
YeshuaRedeemed

WA



About
Hello. My name is Dana Louise Singley. I am a Yeshua redeemed Christian. Politically, I am a centrist. My favorite Bible is the Authorized King James Version, but I refuse to judge Christians who read.. more..

Writing