The End of an Era

The End of an Era

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki

Our hearts can stay a child forever, but our minds must grow with time. I look back on my past to see I haven't changed at all. My mind stayed a kid...My heart is still a kid...  The only thing that has changed was my appearances. I always thought I was changing for the better I always thought I was ready for a relationship. But now that I am with you I can still see I am the same young person I was in high school. I have seen the stars a lot lately, my room has been an empty lot to the ghost which haunt my room. 
I lay on the lush green grass staring to the sky wonder, hoping and praying. I block out the colorful bright city lights that on any other time it would look beautiful. All I can see is the bright stars. I think to myself "Where did all these stars appear from?" The city lights should be drowning the skies serenade in its melody. I cannot help but stare, stare into its wondrous song.  
A voice enters the chorus of the illuminating song. Music turns into pictures, the pictures turn into a slideshow depicting the last few months. 
Pictures among pictures I searched for looking one who would free me from my boredom. Finally after months of searching I finally found the one. The one who stood out among the millions of fishes. You stood out a Siren among fishes. I remember the first time dancing to your melody it was enchanting nothing I felt before. I fumbled at my feet keeping at your pace. But at some point the dance turned to a Ballad and I swept you off your feet. Your laugh turned to a sweet smile as we danced under the stars, only the moon could tell the tale of our dance. 
But like all tales the dance came to a halt. I tripped over my own feet I couldn't bare to continue on till I could dance with you. For this was a melody for two, one person would just make this a sad tragedy. I tried and tried reaching for your hand but there was still something missing, causing our hands to not connect. I pushed onward not wanting to let this dance come to an end, not this way. I still fell on my own two feet, but all I could see was you standing in front of me. 
I sit there on the dance floor motionless. I think to myself have I given up? Is this the end? Will she dance to another tune? No!... No!... A unknown strength pulsates through my body giving me the strength to dance at my own will. I still fall. Little by little I feel the rhythm of your heart. I close my eyes standing still. The room fades to black, all I see is myself in darkness. Then a flicker of rainbow lights fill the room. The room lights up like fireflies dancing on a cold winters night. I follow the beat of the lights. The dance is slow enough that I do not fall. Your fingers interlocked with mine. Your dress flutters in the cold chilly night. The fragrance of your hair fills the room. 
Yet the dance comes to another motionless pause. Yet again i have ruined our wonderful dance. Tears stand still on your cheek. My heart crushes under its own weight the pressure it goes through seeing you hurt is immense. It still survives though. Knowing one day you can rebuild it better than it ever was. My body grows weak, falling to the ground. Tears flow from my eyes as the melody comes to an end.Has this dance come to its final line?  All I see is darkness... 
The darkness open to red devilish eyes. The darkness I have always feared grown to have a face. And it was standing above me blocking all light. As if giving in to the darkness I let it swallow me whole. I wonder if I have given up. I don't feel the rhythm of our hearts connecting I have no way out of this darkness. There is no light to lead me out. I stand there for what feels like eternity trying to feel the rhythm of your heart. But it is too far away. I could give up but then it is saying good bye forever.  
  I muster up the courage to take charge of my own life. I thought it would be alright if I had someone to lead the way through the darkness. But how could I call that my own if I was always following never leading? I close my eyes looking deep into my heart for the single ounce of light that could burn brighter to help me take charge. And all I see is you. All I need is you. All i want is you. Those words burn brighter creating the light I need to find your rhythm. A bright light envelopes my body.

My vision is blurry at first. But the bright city lights comes into focus. I give a deep sigh. But I know what must be down. I know what I need to do to keep dancing to your rhythm. Small drops fall from my eye's as I realize that I can't stay a kid forever. I must grow. I must change. Or this will be our last dance.


© 2013 Yoshiyuki


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on November 29, 2013
Last Updated on November 29, 2013


Author

Yoshiyuki
Yoshiyuki

Kahului, HI



Writing
Silent Night Silent Night

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki