Chapter 5: The Truth Behind the War

Chapter 5: The Truth Behind the War

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki

“What do you mean? Wasn’t the war between the Demi-Gods and Gods?” Yoshiyuki asks with disbelief. He can only stare with a horrid face.

 

              “The war that happened back then is much more complicated than someone wanting more power. You were too young to see the barbaric ways of the gods. But like most societies the Gods did have a ruler. The Thunder God changed the ways of the gods into a military society. He stole many companions of the Gods including your families Sapphire Dragon. He used them to strengthen his power, torturing everyone who opposed his might. Seeing the way their friends and companions who they have known for generations being treated like that some of the Gods and Demi-Gods held secret meeting to overthrow the ruler.

 

              They were gathering up their strength till they were strong enough, to overthrow the Gods and Demi-Gods that stood loyal to the Thunder God and his barbaric ways. Instead of telling you what happened from this point on, I will show you.”

 

“This field will show memories of the days before leading to the war. You can choose to believe me or not.” “Recollection Field” Kagami creates a barrier around the area, creating an illusion field.

 

A bright green light flashes before them. “That is!” Yoshiyuki widens his eyes in shock.

 

A Sapphire Dragon cries in agony as it receives relentless thunder attacks. Its body is chained to the ground unable to move. People in the crowd could only cry for the dragon as hundreds of soldiers pour attacks onto the poor creature.

 

“This dragon will be property of the military! Anyone who disagrees will be killed.” The nasty old man shouted.

 

“You have over stepped your bounds Koumori! How dare you torture our friends and our comrades? WE WILL KILL YOU I PROMISE YOU THAT! B*****D!” Someone shouted with frustration from within the crowd.

 

A light flashes before them ending that piece of memory.

 

“D****t! How was I this blind? He will pay! How dare he do that?” Yoshiyuki can only scream out words uncontrollably.

 

“Calm down. Just watch the events that take place.” Kagami closes his eyes not wanting to witness the past events.

 

“Mommy?” A small young boy called out.

 

“Yoshi you will become strong. And one day the princess will be yours to protect. Now mommy and daddy have to go. Take care of yourself.” The young lady with silky hair smiled. Tears slipped through her sapphire eyes.

 

The small boy stood there as his parents ran through the portal the parents have created. The sounds of magical warfare can be heard all throughout the valley. With every mighty attack the Great Hall rumbled.

 

The princess and Yoshiyuki stood in the great hall not knowing what to do. The princess cowers as hundreds of Gods and Demi-Gods fight a vicious was. The princess screamed in terror, one of the loyal guards of the Thunder God stood above the princess. Pulling a dagger from his belt, he picked up the princess chocking her by the neck. The princess squirmed desperately trying to breathe.

 

Ao Shi!” Yoshiyuki screamed.

 

Blue particles flowed around the guard. An aura surrounded the princess.

 

“You are too weak; this attack will not even produce a scratch on me.” The guard chuckled.

 

“I will kill anyone who harms her! NOW DIE!” With that the particles gathered to produce small sized icicles. Within seconds the icicles quickly aim to penetrate the guard from all angles. As they are about to penetrate through his body they shatter on impact.

 

Yoshiyuki fall backwards on his butt. He stares at the guard quivering in fear.

 

“ohh.. Is this your girlfriend? Then I will give you the pleasure of watching her while she is tortured to death!” No humanity is seen in the guard while he laughs. He holds a knife to the princess. A huge portal opens up behind the guard. The whole wall is turned into a portal.

 

AO SHI!” A deep voice roared through the portal.

 

Instantly the guard collapses to the ground. A huge hole is left in the middle of his chest. Yoshiyuki catches the princess in his arms as she falls. He can feel the beat of her heart traveling through his body. He holds the princess tight in his arms.

“These Demi-Gods don’t have any respect. Sorry we took so long. But it’s time to end this so go through this portal. We all love you both. Now take the Sayomi and protect her. Good bye…” A small portal opened up besides Yoshiyuki. His parents smile one last time before seeing him off. Sadness can be seen in their eyes.

 

“Good bye.” He grabs the princess’s arms. He turns back one last time before entering the portal.

 

“This place…Isn’t this…” Yoshiyuki turned to the princess. Symbols of the Forest God were imprinted on the trees. In front of them is a steep cliff. The ocean below held the bodies of many departed souls.

 

              “Princess have you come to play with us today?” A little girl’s voice called out. The laughter of children could be heard all throughout the forest. Chills rune through Yoshiyuki, but the princess stood there with her head hung low. Yoshiyuki looked every single direction but couldn’t figure out where the voice came from. A little girl materialized behind him. This girl looks like a Japanese doll. She hovered in the air. Her long black bangs hung before her eyes. The remnants of being tortured by different instruments were still visible on her skin.

             

              “You dare hurt our princess? I will kill you!” The girl’s eyes begin to glow a bloody red. Tree vines tangles around Yoshiyuki’s neck. Yoshiyuki desperately tries to overpower this little girl. His vision starts to blur. Reality starts to diminish slowly.

 

“Saiyuki… That’s enough… Let him go…” The princess quietly said.

 

“NEVER! I will not let this boy live! Anyone who hurts you will die.” The vines grip him with greater force.

            

The princess tries to rip the vines off of his next. But she is too weak. Tears flow from the princess as she cries out for him. The demonic child stares at the princess with guilty eyes. The vines start to disappear as if they were never there.

 

The little girl apologizes. He slowly catches his breath. Yoshiyuki stares at the princess with uncertain eyes.

 

“I am sorry… I am not worthy to protect you. I am too weak. Saiyuki please protect the princess.” He takes one last look at the princess and her demonic friend before opening up a portal.

 

“Good bye” He says with pain.



© 2011 Yoshiyuki


Author's Note

Yoshiyuki
I still need to fix the story a little.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on December 13, 2011
Last Updated on December 13, 2011


Author

Yoshiyuki
Yoshiyuki

Kahului, HI



Writing
Silent Night Silent Night

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki