HereGoesNothin'

HereGoesNothin'

A Chapter by YoursTruly

"So your mom said that she couldn't bring it to you?" Ellie asked leaning against the lockers. I nodded, sighing. "She said I should be more responsible next time." "Well now we can have lunch together for the first time in a week." Ellie's on the tennis team. She practices almost everyday. Practice is during lunch, and that's one of the only times we see each other during the day. I try not to let on, but I actually really like when we have lunch together. Matt sits with us too, but he kind of ruins the moment. "Hey V-card." He'll laugh. He calls me that because Ellie and I haven't done anything since we've been going out. With any other girl, I'd be all over her, but with Ellie it's different. She's not like that, and when I'm with her I'm not like that either. She's basically my better half. Eric will sit down, and then the whole thing goes downhill. Ever since my mother married his dad, they want us to be like Paris and Nicole. It's pretty ridiculous. The bell rings bringing me out of my reverie, and I pull Ellie in for a hug. My arms around her waist, I kiss her gently on the neck. Her long red hair smells of lavender and honey. I could spend eternity smelling her hair. That's not creepy at all. She slowly walks into her history class. Waving goodbye, I see Matt moving towards the door. Mr. Lotting is staring at us, his annoying glare burning a hole in his glasses. Matt and I sit in our desks, waiting to be chastised. Lotting rolls his eyes and turns to the board. Nudging Matt with my elbow, I make a dramatic act of falling asleep. He quietly snickers, and I look up at the front of the class. Lotting's still droning on about something no one cares about. "When do we leave for the field trip?" A girl named Elizabeth asks. Almost as clockwork, Principal Davis starts to speak through the intercom. "Attention students and teachers. The field trip to the Museum of Historic Landmarks is about to commence. Teachers, please release all Juniors to the bus loop for exiting. Students, remain an orderly fashion as you make your way to the buses. That is all." Lotting shrugged, and many students began standing up. "I'll need your permission slips before you leave, so hand them to me as you leave the class." He calls over the noise. Twenty or so students leave the classroom. The rest of us have to endure the rest of the school day here. It's only third hour, and the people I eat lunch with have left. Matt and I look to see how many people are left; Nine, including us two. I raise my hand, looking at Lotting. "Yes Mr. Orrison?" He asks annoyed. "Can I use the restroom?" "And may I ask why?" The snarky remark is like a challenge to me. "Because I have to piss. Ask my Biology teacher, not me..." I reply with a smirk. The rest of the class snickers as Lotting rolls his eyes. He nods towards the door with his head, ushering me out. I stand up and head out. "You have five minutes!" He calls as I shut the door. D****e. The bathroom is terrible. There's writing on the walls, stall doors are missing, and all of the toilets are clogged. I hold my breath as I enter, rushing towards the urinals. After a few seconds of fumbling with my zipper I finally finish using the bathroom. Washing my hands, I check to see if my hair is messed up. Everything is fine, I think, grabbing the handle to the napkin dispenser. Dull thuds ring in the empty halls. I squint, trying to listen. As if horse moving down the hall, the sound becomes closer. Curiosity gets to me, and I look out into the hall. Five or six men are walking down the hall, guns in hand. One of them looks at me, and reaches for my shirt. His rough face is scarred from his left eye to his chin. The deep gash clouds my memory as he drags me from the bathroom. I'm completely clueless, scared, and curious. He kicks the door open to the history class next to mine, and a few students scream. The man next to him points his gun and tells everyone to get under the desks. The students stare at him for a moment until he screams at them. They move under them terrified. My heart stops when I notice who is in this class. Ellie's eyes are bugging out as she shakes with fear. I try to comfort her with my eyes, but I can't. The man pushes me forward, and I fall on my stomach. Ellie lets out a whimper. I scramble to my knees. "Get under a desk!" The man yells at me. Quickly, I crawl to the desk Ellie is under. Wrapping my arms around her, I hold her tightly. The teacher, Ms. Kennedy, starts to speak. "Shut up!" Scars yells at her. She pokes her head out from under her desk, and he waves the gun at her. Kennedy crawls back under her desk, waiting for him to speak. He walks to the front of the classroom, and the man behind him runs out into the hall. "How many students are in this classroom?" He asks her. "Twenty-four, counting the student you threw in here." She trembles. He nods thinking. "How much is twenty-four times twenty-five thousand?" He asks out loud. Kristina, a girl from my English class raises her hand. "It's 600,000." She whispers. He nods and walks out of the room. The second he leaves, panic rises in the room. Students fear what will happen, and what is happening now. I hold Ellie tighter, and she slowly stops trembling. Scars comes back into the room and silence falls. "People know you're here," Ms. Kennedy starts, Scars pointing his gun at her, "and the police will be here any minute, so I suggest that you just go home and-" Scars fires two bullets, and Ms. Kennedy stops speaking. Ellie cries out, along with everyone else. Her tears start to soak through my shirt. "If anyone else wants to speak, please stand up." He threatens. The class is silent again. He laughs and sits at her desk. The door opens, and the rest of Mr. Lotting's class enters. Matt looks for Ellie and I, and I wave him over. We sit huddled together, terrified and cold. Ellie looks at me and whispers, "Won't the intercom signal an IOC drill and the police will get here?" I began to feel hopeful, praying that she was right. Within seconds, the power went out. My heart dropped. Matt sighed angrily. "I guess not." Ellie whispers again. I move my nose into the top of her head, my nerves calmed by her scent. This will be over, I thought. I prayed that They would get what They wanted and leave. I wanted this to be over.


© 2010 YoursTruly


Author's Note

YoursTruly
This is chapter two. I apologize for grammar mistakes :) CC is always welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
Added on March 23, 2010
Last Updated on March 24, 2010
Tags: suspense, hostage, money, school


Author

YoursTruly
YoursTruly

Tulsa, OK



About
Well, I honestly don't know where to start. I would like to be an author. I guess that's a good spot to start. I love to write, and I do mean love. I enjoy putting my ideas into words, trying to g.. more..

Writing