Cyree

Cyree

A Chapter by Yui Tarsis
"

Kind and dark with a dry sense of humor, meet Cyree!

"
Cyree


  I hear a vicious roar at my side. Due to human instinct and stuff, I automatically begin to run over to see what's wrong. Hindsight hints that I shouldn't have done that... 

  A giant white dragon and a small girl who was promptly being murdered by it.

  Instinct once again kicked in- damn instinct and all it's instinct-y-ness...- and I ran into the battle.

  I materialized my sword my dominant hand, charging at the beast with every bit of speed I could muster- which wasn't much, but I tried to whatever. I held it high above my head, and rammed it into the monster's back.

  It's arched, and roared again in agony, slowly turning it's head- not to mention creepily...- to face me. A chill crawls up my spine. It's eyes... they were blue... but they seemed sentient...? Like it wasn't really a-

  Just as I was about to finish the thought, it snapped at me, the mouth wide enough to inhale me without a second thought. I dodged, landing ungracefully a few feet away. The girl was booking it, not surprisingly. But as I watched her, she bent down and grabbed some sorta staff.



Spirit



  Another girl was currently running from the giant beast, I make it to my staff, grabbing it and whipping around to face the dragon. The orb fills with magic, turning an even darker black than before. I stare straight at it, flooding the staff with my own powers and it glows for a split second.

  The floor around the dragon bursts into flames, leaving the girl who saved me out of it, of course. She turns toward me, sprinting my way.

  "You seem to gotten yourself into a bit of s**t, huh?" She asks breathlessly.

  "A bit? Talk about an understatement at it's finest."

  "Sounds like crap. What's your name?"

  "Spirit, you?" The flames die down from around the dragon.

  "Cyree. Better watch out, we don't know if that killed it."

  "Of course it did. That's one of my-"

  The dragon's eyes peek out from it.

  "...f**k..."

  It looks pissed, to say the least. But it stood silent, frozen. The way it moved, it's like it was thinking. But that was impossible! The monsters here never had a conscious thought! 

  It continues to glare, it's eyes screaming a look that said: "you're gonna f*****g die."

  "Stay still. It's watching our moves. We wait for it to lunge, then scatter, okay?" Cyree whispers. I nod slightly.

  The dragon takes one step closer to us, like it's testing the waters of our bravery. Turns out they were only piss puddles. We both flinched like pansies, but held our ground.

  It's patience wore quickly, and it finally lunged. We both ran in opposite directions. It landed mutely, despite being the size of a skyscraper. It turned gracefully toward the way I ran, dashing over without a second thought.

  I began to focus on my staff, and noticing Cyree bolting over with her oblivion black sword. Just as she leaped to attack it from behind, it turned, smacking her out of the air like a gnat. She hit the floor with an unpleasant noise of probably-death.

  I have no time to ponder weather she's alive or not as the dragon turns it's deadly gaze on me. I let the magic from my staff into a powerful thunder attack. It crashes right onto it's back, and it only seems mildly irritated. Nothing I was trying did s**t to it, so that was out of the plan.

  It holds a giant arm over me again, and doesn't hesitate this time. It sends it down like lighting, smashing straight onto me. I flinch, cowering away from the pure agony I'd feel before I died, but peeked again as nothing happened.

  My staff was glowing with dark energy, the orb had formed into what looked like a rubix cube from hell. A shield was shining above me. The staff was faring better than I was at fighting this thing. Staffs aren't supposed to be sentient, yet neither are dragons. The dragon is moderately confused by this, but proceeds to push down at it, failing to break it and kill me. The cube grows spikes all over the sides of it, and the shield follows, stabbing the dragon right through the stomach effortlessly.

  Did I put too many leaves into that tea...? I think in the back of my mind, too shocked to think that this was anything but a dream. How the f**k did my staff hit- and probably kill- this thing, when I couldn't do anything while using the damn thing?! This is bull!

  In the distance, I faintly hear Cyree yelling amazed profanities, an unpleasant awakening when she could curse enough to make a drunk s**t himself. The only thing that surprised me more than the amount of curse words she could spew out was the fact that she was alive. Over my head, the dragon loomed. I was staring into it's gigantic eyes, seeing only one thing.

  Pure, unadulterated pain. Guilt rages within me, one thing I'd never experienced before.The dragon- or whatever it was- wasn't just a monster anymore... somehow it'd grown a mind. It'd formulated thoughts. And I'd killed it. Just as I'm about to turn back my deeds with a healing spell, it's pain turns into fury.

  It rips itself from the darkness, making some sort of guttural noise loud enough to shake the trees and the air around us. Then, it rears back for a second, turning it's rage into literal fire.

  It opens it's mouth- which was the size of Kara's house by the way...- letting out the deadly, blue flames. The magic hit the dark shield and it cracked. My heart- and stomach... was it really that many leaves in that tea?- dropped. 

  This is it, isn't it? I think. Cyree can't save me this time. Nobody can. I'm going to die... I really should've listened... now Cyree's dragged into this mess too... Kara, forgive me when we meet again, okay? ...see you then... Just as I finish the thought, my vision turns white.

  And I'm filled with an uncontrollable sense of power.



Cyree



   I'm stunned into silence. The dragon was standing again. Not only that, but it was attacking after it had been impaled. That's one determined soul...

  But then I snap back into reality, noticing Spirit's faltering shield. I charge at it again, yelling out as I leap with my sword over my head once again. The cocky b***h was too busy attacking Spirit to counterattack, so I hit.

  Just as I did, I noticed a very bright glow from where Spirit's shield once stood.

  The dragon stopped attacking, staring at the glow just as I did.

  It cleared, and the only thing that was left, was a shadow, standing in the darkness. It looked up, and it smiled.

  A sinking feeling formed in my stomach. Somehow, I knew I was going to die.



Spirit




  I open my eyes slowly, looking around. Everything's blurry, but it soon clears. I'm in a peaceful plain-like area. The wind blows gently, chasing away the small amount of heat radiated by the sun blazing up above. Trees are scattered among the grass, with several small puddles accompanying them.

  I turn to the side, and I see a distortion. Something was in my area, they were ruining the peace I'd made.

  K i l l . . .  k i l l . . .  k i l l . . . The thought echoed in my mind, and my own free will faded. I wanted to destroy the error. I wanted to fix the mistake. I wanted to be free.

  The orb of my staff pulses with fury, and I'm filled with it right after. A smile slowly creeps onto my face as I look up at the two errors. I can feel their fear. I can feel their terror. They won't feel anything soon. 

  I'll make sure that they don't hurt me anymore.



Cyree



  The most amazing- and horrifying- thing happened next. The dragon began to back away from the shadow. It was scared. That's what terrified me the most.

  The thing- whatever it was- took a step toward us. The dragon took a step back, and I realized my sword was still in it's back. 

  My grip tightened, and so did the sinking feeling around my gut.

  The shadow lunged forward with the speed of a demon. The dragon turned and bolted away. I did the only thing I could.

  I hung on while pissing myself.

  A beam of pure, unadulterated darkness came from the shadow's side. It hit the dragon, and I managed to rip my sword out and book it- by falling on my a*s at it's side- just in time, as the dragon disintegrated with the impact.

  I ran, and I hid.



Spirit



  "Come out, there's no reason to hide..." I taunt. "I can taste your fear... it's delicious~" I smash aside some bushes, once again finding the other error.

  "N-No... please-p-Agh!" She cuts off as I grab it's throat, lifting her up helplessly. "Stop... Ack!" It cries out in pain as I slowly tighten my grip.

  "Small, pathetic mistake..." I whisper. "You don't belong here, don't you?"

  "Please, w-what ever you are..." She whispers. "I don't know what you are... but please..."

  "You must be deleted, like any other glitch in the system."

  "Please... don't... hurt... me..." It begs.

  "You are simply a virus out to destroy my peace."

  "Please...!"

  "Now, mistake." I hiss. "Die."


© 2017 Yui Tarsis


Author's Note

Yui Tarsis
Ooh, ominous. Anyways, more characters to stop Spirit's rampage! Send them to me via review or mail! I'm still so excited, hehe!
On another note, I hate it so much when people tap my shoulder for attention (Even though I do it myself all the damn time)
Anyways, I pronounce Cyree's name sai-ree, so correct me if I'm wrong X)
Oh right, if you haven't already noticed, when I alternate between "It" and "She" when in Spirit's perspective, it's intentional. It's her guardian side conflicting with her regular side. (HINT!! HINT!!!)
Cyree is Emilia Cole's character.
Cyree's edit is done! Once again, just some minor changes here and there, more descriptions and overall better everything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is good! It reminds me of DnD! This is so amazing!!!! I laughed at almost every joke!

Posted 1 Month Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 12, 2017
Last Updated on March 10, 2017
Tags: MMO, Science Fiction, Magic, Fantasy, Battle, MMORPG, Humor


Author

Yui Tarsis
Yui Tarsis

FL



About
I'm creative, I love dogs and drawing. Anime is basically my life next to- of course- writing. I love something new at all times and enjoy others work just as much as my own! more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Yui Tarsis


Virtua Virtua

A Book by Yui Tarsis