Soul

Soul

A Chapter by Yui Tarsis
"

Bold, brave, and a cynical a*s, here's Soul!

"
Soul



  I create a shield around the girl just as the thing above her's about to kill her. I quickly register the figure radiating power as someone- or something- familiar. Then a thought comes to mind.

  Only one person I know has the ability to do stuff like that... looks like you've already forgotten our lessons, huh?



Cyree



  I flinch, holding both my arms over my face as the shadow follows through with her attack. There's a sharp noise as magic collides against magic. I peek, and notice a white shield surrounding me.

  If I never live, please never bother to help anyone again Future Me...



Spirit



  I look up, and notice someone right in front of me, blocking my prey.

  "What are you doing?! Get away from that thing! It'll kill you!"

  "Oh, it's going to kill me, is it now? What a joke you've become, why not get your head out of your a*s then talk to me again Yin!"

  "What are you talking about? Who the hell is Yin?!"

  It seems as if he's about to reply, but a sharp beeping noise stops him from doing so.

  "S**t. I'll explain everything later. We need to go. Now.

  "What kind of drugs are you on?! We've never met before, I'm not dumb enough to frolic into the woods with a stranger, thank you very much!"

  He sighs. "Always stubborn as ever, huh? Listen, this'll be a lot easier on both of us if you just agree for once. The Moderators found us, and we need to book it before they find us.

  "What are you talking about?! Moderators?! This isn't some game you idiot!"

  "You'd be surprised."

  "What the f**k does that mean?!"



Cyree



  They've both been standing there for three minutes now. I'd move, but I'm too scared to, y'know, die and all. Blah blah blah, f**k instinct and everything.

  Just as I'm beginning my sad, sad rant about it once more in my head, the two glow in unison. One turns into a boy with white hair and yellow eyes. The other turns into Spirit.

  Wait, what?!

  As my mind slowly goes through the process of being blown out of my ears, the boy turns toward me with a stern look.

  "You." He says simply.

  "You's my name, what's the game?" I ask stupidly.

  "You're coming with us. The Mods are after you, too. You've completed your job, now they're gonna try and delete you." He says.

  "Guess it's not the weirdest thing that's happened today." I say, surprising even myself with my calm attitude.

  "Perfect. Then let's go."



Spirit(?)



  As we rush away from the scene, the floor begins to shake violently. The boy kneels, and we follow. Three streaks burst across the sky, landing in an explosion not too far from us.

  "There are my good old buddies. Let's find a cave, or some weak spot in the programming."

  "Make sure you pass me some of that s**t you'd been smoking when you're done with that?"

  "Yeah, lemme come back from f*****g Narnia first, eh? Just follow me." We all enter a cave as I slowly realize I'd gone right back on me saying I wouldn't follow a stranger into the woods.

  Damn logic.

  "This should work..." He says quietly. His hands hover over the wall, and he makes a sweeping motion over it before it fades into ones and zeroes.

  "Holy s**t..." Cyree says.

  "Holy s**t indeed..." I mutter.

  He somehow re-codes it into a door, and opens it, waving his arm out exaggeratedly. We both give him a look before entering, and he follows after.

  "Hey, Jeremy." He greets someone. They wave in return. "Sarah, Miles, Carolina." They all nod. "Hey, Blue." The boy smiles at him.

  "So, what is this if you'd kindly remind me?" I say sourly.

  "It's Narnia of course."

  "Go f**k yourself."

  He sighs. "Gladly. After all the wrongs I've proven against you, I'm feeling a bit egotistical."

  "Die."

  "In a few years, darling. As for an explanation, this is a coded world we live in. One giant facade."

  "And where's your evidence?"

  "Well, there's that. And we've gotten information ourselves in rather forceful ways. A long time ago, the real world went boom, so some guys made this game to keep us safe. Apparently though, the world's actually fine. They're just keeping us here for power over all humanity. This group here in Narnia? We're the only ones who know this. We've been fighting forever to find a way out and free us all again."

  "How did the world go boom?" I ask quietly.

  "We don't know." He replies in the same tone.

  "Why do you care?" Cyree asks.

  "For me, it's mostly revenge. There's a tactic the Mods use. They fire a special type of beam at any target, and they start acting like a zombie and forget everything they've ever known. This happened a while ago. Me and my friend were both in this group, and she threw herself in the way of an attack for me. Since then, I've become more invested in this group than ever. Memories are property that should never be taken."

  "I'm guessing you wanted to do the deed with her?" Cyree asks, quickly walking away.

  "No! Hey- Wait you!" He yells, running after her.

  Having nothing else to do, I followed.



Cyree



  Dead end.

  Damn.

  I turn around to see the flustered boy and Spirit right beside him.

  "Ah, couldn't resist my beautiful charms?" I ask, flipping my hair sarcastically and making a very over-exaggerated flirty face.

  "I couldn't resist the feeling to wring your neck, but that works too." The boy says, obviously trying to be threatening.

  "That makes it seem like you want to do the deed with her..." Spirit says quietly.

  "Shh, don't comment or else he'll get all  a n g r y ." I stage whisper. 

  He lets out an irritated sigh. "Well, thanks for asking. My name's Soul."

  "Oooooh~" I say, not being able to help myself. "Soul and Spirit sitting in a tree-" I duck as a sword is chucked at my head along with a blaze of fire. Due to the magic of magic, I'd gained the upper grounds, and was now bolting away as I sang.


© 2017 Yui Tarsis


Author's Note

Yui Tarsis
A more of a positive note to end on. Everyone, hurry up and send me fanfiction! I'll make sure to break the fourth wall a bit and send it to a certain character of ours,
(Soul is another character of mine, so yeah .w.)
And it's finished, SoulxSpirit shipping included, you're welcome! If there's anything you guys would like to see me try- and fail- at shipping, message me and I'll throw it in! Maybe! Probably not! Still love you guys!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

ok I go to the next chapter and it is unpublished but it seems you have a character already lined up anyway here is my idea for a character... actually ill do two very similar

Female Name: Thirty-six (36)
Male Name: Thirty-seven (37)

Age: 18

Relationship: twin Brother and sister (Sister is older)

Weapons: Both use Mainly a Rapier (long thin very fast sword) but have 2 short swords which 36 duel wields back hand. 36 also has 12 throwing knives. Both Have some skill with VERY MINOR magic however 37 is more talented than 36 and he prefers to use magic rather than His crossbow he keeps strapped to his back. (he Does However carry a quiver of Bolts)

Female Hair (36): long straight Dark Brown Wears it down and loose just past her shoulders
Male Hair (37): Back is long for a guy down to his shoulders but the rest is Shorter. Also straight.

Background and personality: Both were raised in a guild of Assassins where only a number is assigned. Tired of Killing (despite being Two of the best) the twins have escaped and are currently on the run as the guild chases them. They Don’t know anyone that isn't trying to kill them (except each other) and they are very untrusting. Sarcastic Comments and questions are Common Except between each other, and later anyone they trust. they are caring and loyal towards those they trust.

Enters the story: I’ll leave this up to you but I thought perhaps They had been caught and kept prisoner by the hackers (For Spying and though true The Twins were only watching out of interest) and they join when “The Assassins” attack the hackers while trying to reach the twins who Persuade Someone to be let out to help fight them off (mainly to save each other as they don’t yet trust the hackers)

I Realise these two may be complicated Characters but sometimes that can make really interesting stories.




Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yui Tarsis

7 Years Ago

Thank you for replying! I'll implement them both once I'm done with the chapter I'm already working .. read more



Reviews

ok I go to the next chapter and it is unpublished but it seems you have a character already lined up anyway here is my idea for a character... actually ill do two very similar

Female Name: Thirty-six (36)
Male Name: Thirty-seven (37)

Age: 18

Relationship: twin Brother and sister (Sister is older)

Weapons: Both use Mainly a Rapier (long thin very fast sword) but have 2 short swords which 36 duel wields back hand. 36 also has 12 throwing knives. Both Have some skill with VERY MINOR magic however 37 is more talented than 36 and he prefers to use magic rather than His crossbow he keeps strapped to his back. (he Does However carry a quiver of Bolts)

Female Hair (36): long straight Dark Brown Wears it down and loose just past her shoulders
Male Hair (37): Back is long for a guy down to his shoulders but the rest is Shorter. Also straight.

Background and personality: Both were raised in a guild of Assassins where only a number is assigned. Tired of Killing (despite being Two of the best) the twins have escaped and are currently on the run as the guild chases them. They Don’t know anyone that isn't trying to kill them (except each other) and they are very untrusting. Sarcastic Comments and questions are Common Except between each other, and later anyone they trust. they are caring and loyal towards those they trust.

Enters the story: I’ll leave this up to you but I thought perhaps They had been caught and kept prisoner by the hackers (For Spying and though true The Twins were only watching out of interest) and they join when “The Assassins” attack the hackers while trying to reach the twins who Persuade Someone to be let out to help fight them off (mainly to save each other as they don’t yet trust the hackers)

I Realise these two may be complicated Characters but sometimes that can make really interesting stories.




Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yui Tarsis

7 Years Ago

Thank you for replying! I'll implement them both once I'm done with the chapter I'm already working .. read more
PHH I totally wanna write another version for this can I?? Plzzz

Posted 7 Years Ago


Yui Tarsis

7 Years Ago

Another character? I'm not sure what you mean >-<
If you're talking about another character, .. read more
Emilia  Cole

7 Years Ago

No I meant that I wanted to write a fanfiction for your story
Yui Tarsis

7 Years Ago

Please do X)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2017
Last Updated on March 21, 2017
Tags: Science Fiction, Drama, Action, Mystery, MMO, MMORPG, Humor


Author

Yui Tarsis
Yui Tarsis

FL



About
I'm creative, I love dogs and drawing. Anime is basically my life next to- of course- writing. I love something new at all times and enjoy others work just as much as my own! more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Yui Tarsis


Virtua Virtua

A Book by Yui Tarsis