Three Hours

Three Hours

A Story by Zabella
"

In three hours your whole life can change. In three hours, you can lose someone.

"
Three hours.
That's all it took to change my world. 

When I was four, in 2007, a year before Prep, in pre-school, something happened that has changed me forever.
One of my best friends, Hannah, was due to be babysat because her single mum was away, I forgot what for. So, at the usual 3 o'clock, we waved goodbye to each other and tottered off. 
Hannah was quite a tall girl with a long, horsey face and long, dark brown hair. She was quite tanned, with large eyes, but I forgot what colour. 
Apparently, at around six o'clock, three hours after I last saw Hannah, a light fell onto a lit candle. The babysitters (apparently there were two) were watching TV when the fire started. They smashed a window and escaped, leaving Hannah to burn. 

She did.

Ziggy lived just down the road from Hannah, and said he saw the glow of the fire. Of course, he didn't know what it was until the next day at kindy. 
I don't remember them telling us Hannah had died, I just remember not believing it, but the carer was crying, and then I did.

I attended her funeral, my first one, and cried the whole time. 

© 2015 Zabella


Author's Note

Zabella
For Hannah

*true story*

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very emotional. May Hannah be resting in peace..

Posted 9 Years Ago


Zabella

9 Years Ago

Thanks I miss her everyday
Zubi

9 Years Ago

I understand how you feel, very closely...
Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

You'll see her again someday.. Until then, be happy:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
1 Review
Added on January 21, 2015
Last Updated on January 21, 2015
Tags: sadness, losing someone special

Author

Zabella
Zabella

G-44 noida sec 3 nearest metro noida sector, 16 , uttar pradesh, India



About
Hey, I am Doctor Khushi and I am from India. I am a member 8 years of Vedas cure PVT LTD. if you ever face Piles,fissures fistula issues regarding you can visit on my profile or contact vedaspilescu.. more..

Writing