Cloud Nine Host Club

Cloud Nine Host Club

A Story by Zai

It’s time for the annual Interstellar Tanabata Festival!

 

And your hosts are…. Hikoboshi and Orihime yet again…

 

The great and good of the ghostly world are preparing for a fun-filled festival. The star-crossed lovers are coercing all ghost guilds to participate. “Anything goes at this star-studded festival. Stalls, brawls, you name it!” Orihime said excitedly. “Every guild will be doing an activity. Best guild will win a prize of uber 6* card of a stolen shot pic of Mira wearing a swimsuit!”

 

Meanwhile… at the Cloud Nine guild hideout…

 

Calmly, as if blind to the shocked and horrified looks on the guys’ faces, the leader of Cloud Nine guild Clawd exhaled as he repeated himself reluctantly. “Yeah, just as I said, due to the delusion of our fellow guildmate Zai who happens to be the writer of this fic, Cloud Nine has been elected as the main feature for this year’s Tanabata festival.”

 

“It is indeed very flattering.... but if Chel knew, she will.....” The gentle second in command Meor was the first to recover from shock. “I believe we don’t have any choice since our guildmate Zai is totally in command of what happens to us here, but still..... why a host club?” “Yes! Taichou!” Jerry the chicken summoner nodded along in agreement to the question Meor just enquired. “We could hunt fallens or sealstones, but a host club,” Jerry paused and thought quickly for a while, “a host club means we will have to sell ourselves to entertain female customers…” With the realisation, Jerry felt blood rushed to his head as he held onto his head in panic, “No way! I won’t do it!“

 

“What the hell, Zai!?” Reaper panicked.

 

“Well the girls of Cloud Nine will be serving cakes and tea now... toodeloo! La, la, la....” Zai happily skips away.   

 

With his arms crossed, an irritated frown on his countenance, Miguel stated too in affirmation. “I will not do it either, don’t be ridiculous, why should I do such a thing? Besides, I’m busy, I need to redecorate my room.” Miguel was not the only one with his arms crossed in displease with the news, slowly with a bored sigh, Thad, standing at the corner with Xiaohan and Shawn, asked their leader. “Taichou, did you call us here for this? If there is nothing more, we will excuse ourselves and return to class.”

 

“Hey... hey...” Quickly with a wry smile, Clawd attempted once more pointing to the quiet megawhale Dea. “Don’t be like this guys, look at Dea. He is totally fine with it!”  “zzzzzzzzzzz” “...I think he is asleep, Taichou. Dea stayed up all night taking care of his baby” Odin added.

 

Knowing he was not going to receive much cooperation from these guys, Clawd knew he had no choice but to use his final attack. Grinning, Clawd sat back into his chair, resting his head comfortably against his hands. “Well, if you boys refuse to do it, I guess you too will not receive the uber 6* card of a stolen shot pic of Mira wearing a swimsuit.” Clawd grinned more when he noticed the exasperation and horror on their faces, even he noticed the frown becoming bigger on Kyo’s face. “Don’t be ridiculous!!” Slamming his hands on the table Kenny glared at Clawd. “I cannot believe you actually agreed to this! I will not do it!”

 

Shrugging his shoulders, Clawd sighed, “Well, don’t complain to me about it. I should be the one complaining about being given this troublesome task to persuade you all into it. But it’s too bad that I am just another character in this fic…” Finally looking up at the guys with sad sincere eyes, Clawd pleaded, “Please, it’s just for a day! Or else we won’t get the uber 6* card of a stolen shot pic of Mira wearing a swimsuit. I am competitive and if I don’t get that card, I will take you all responsible and pester you guys every minute of everyday!!”

 

***

 

“Don’t look so depressed, Mira.” Giggling, Dora, also known as the owner of the Barter Shop patted the shoulder of her friend, Mira. Keeping a stiff and straight face, Mira replied coldly. “As your friend, I must advise against doing such an unruly, scandalous thing. Taking a picture of me wearing a suimsuit was bad.”

 

Laughing, Dora teased, “Relax, it’s about time you take a look of the ghost world from a different light. Trust me, I bartered your 6* card and got lots of treasures from the Tanabata Lovers in exchange. With that stolen shot pic of yours, all ghost guilds are going gaga over it!” Mira sighed and realized that she could never understand how her friend thinks. Maybe she is a little meek, but what is wrong with being a proper, decent, normal ghost? The entire ghost world seems to have turned topsy-turvy. And now! Wait... where is Dora taking her...... a... a... host club!?!

 

With another sigh, Mira dragged her feet behind her friend. No, she does not need to look at the world from a different light, she is fine as she is, and that’s enough. “Well, just to remind you that I was against it right from the beginning.” “Sure, sure, I remember.” Dora giggled as she points to the door before her. “We have arrived, my dear stubborn rigid friend, the Cloud Nine Host Club.”

 

 

***

 

 

“Irashaimase!”

 

 

The room was horrifyingly crowded with women. The moment Mira entered the overly decorated floral room, Clawd, the leader dressed in a tuxedo approached them with a smile.

 

“Welcome, to the Cloud Nine Host Club.”

 

“Cloud Nine Taichou!,” Dora tilted her head in worry when she saw the crowded room. “I do hope there is a private room here somewhere for us?” “Of course,” Clawd smiled and led them to a separate room that to Mira’s relief, was away from the buzzing crowd outside. However, the moment Mira and Dora seated down, Clawd placed photos before them. “Not only will you enjoy the private room, but you will also enjoy the privileges of picking any of these hosts to spend the entire time with you.” “Wow, great! Let’s see…” Unlike her, Dora quickly held the photos in her hands as she passed them to Mira in enthusiasm. “Which one are you going to choose?”

 

Without looking at the photos, Mira turned away and replied in boredom, “I am fine. I will be leaving soon anyway. You choose.” “Don’t be like that, Mira! You have to be here with me.” Dora pulled a face and then added in threat. “ Or else I have another picture of you to barter!”

 

Groaning, Mira moved her eyes back onto the photos placed before her. The moment she saw the hosts, Mira felt that she somehow understood the reason why Dora were so crazy about them. They are indeed…not too bad…. However quickly shaking her head at the crazy thought, Mira reminded herself, it was because of Dora that she is here.

 

“So? Who will you choose?” Dora asked again. Finally, picking up one of the photos Mira replied. “Alright, I will choose... him.”

© 2014 Zai


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on September 1, 2014
Last Updated on September 7, 2014

Author

Zai
Zai